• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Hasney

HASNEY IS A MONSTER THAT MUST BE STOPPED.

200w.gif

Menome

Also: All this talk of things being unable to emulate N64 games. I'm just bemused as I was using a perfectly capable N64 emulator on my stepdad's PC back in the early 2000s. Was definitely pre-2002 as it was before him and my mother split up.

That was how I first completed Super Mario 64, and it definitely was working save for a couple of visual glitches.

Yet, I keep hearing people saying the N64 was too difficult to emulate properly throughout the past decade.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also: All this talk of things being unable to emulate N64 games. I'm just bemused as I was using a perfectly capable N64 emulator on my stepdad's PC back in the early 2000s. Was definitely pre-2002 as it was before him and my mother split up.

That was how I first completed Super Mario 64, and it definitely was working save for a couple of visual glitches.

Yet, I keep hearing people saying the N64 was too difficult to emulate properly throughout the past decade.

1. It did not play as well as you remember it.
2. Mario 64 was one of the first games ever working on an N64 emulator, I remember playing it on one in 1997 or 1998.
3. Some games only have minor glitches, other major ones. It's still not up to the level of PS1 or PS2 emulation. Saturn, another system that had awful emulators for years and years, figured it out almost a decade ago. N64 is just incredibly hard to do right.

Hasney

N64 emulation is weird. UltraHLE came out while we were on Pentium 2's and could do OOT and Mario 64 while the N64 was still out as long as you had 3DFX. But it was Jacky and it didn't do things accurately. You could still finish the games, but they weren't right of you really looked into it. HLE actually stood for High Level Emulation. I had an NvIdia Rival 128 at the time and there were emulators for 3DFX to emulate N64 on that card even then.

9498160-Boiled-broccoli-with-mayonnaise-on-the-white-plate-Stock-Photo.jpg

Steamed broccoli and mayonnaise, the GOAT.

OK now you've gone too far. I had a housemate who had mayonnaise sandwiches and this is too much.

Zach

You know what's delicious and terrible for you? Bacon and mayonnaise sandwiches. I haven't had one for yeeeears. My mom used to make them. I'll probably never have one again because it's ridiculous, but still, I remember them being tasty town when I was a youth.

Menome

1. It did not play as well as you remember it.
2. Mario 64 was one of the first games ever working on an N64 emulator, I remember playing it on one in 1997 or 1998.
3. Some games only have minor glitches, other major ones. It's still not up to the level of PS1 or PS2 emulation. Saturn, another system that had awful emulators for years and years, figured it out almost a decade ago. N64 is just incredibly hard to do right.

N64 emulation is weird. UltraHLE came out while we were on Pentium 2's and could do OOT and Mario 64 while the N64 was still out as long as you had 3DFX. But it was Jacky and it didn't do things accurately. You could still finish the games, but they weren't right of you really looked into it. HLE actually stood for High Level Emulation. I had an NvIdia Rival 128 at the time and there were emulators for 3DFX to emulate N64 on that card even then.

Ah, that'll be it. My stepdad had a 3DFX Voodoo2 and now you've said the name, it was indeed UltraHLE I used.

avengers have you watched the latest AJPW show? I think you'll like it for one particular reason.

Doering and SUWAMA murder Kai. Just totally take him out on the floor.

The story they are telling with Doering in AJPW is fantastic.

I'll have to catch it in the RealHero Archive.

FUCK THAT GEEK KAI.

Nekofrog

Banned

When did glide come out? I'm pretty sure there was a hook you could use so you didn't need a 3dfx card in one of the earlier iterations of the emulator but that just brought in additional emulation problems. I remember getting a voodoo 3 2000 (or were those the voodoo2s?) And playing the hell out of the n64 emulators in the late 90s/early 2000s. This was back when counter strike was so in beta and I was on a pro team for it though, but that's neither here nor there.

Bronx-Man

Banned
YOU'VE BEEN TAKING DATES FOR ANOTHER PROMOTION!?

"So yeah uh....Hasney's got some real heat backstage. Seph...Seph just tore into him when they all found him booking events with other promotions. Now things could change, he's never been double booked or anything, so they could be...fairly lenient but I doubt it. He's-he's really in *cough* he's really in the doghouse this time. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him in wrestler court."

Syder

"So yeah uh....Hasney's got some real heat backstage. Seph...Seph just tore into him when they all found him booking events with other promotions. Now things could change, he's never been double booked or anything, so they could be...fairly lenient but I doubt it. He's-he's really in *cough* he's really in the doghouse this time. I wouldn't be surprised if they put him in wrestler court."
Y'know.. uhhh.. plans change.. y'know..

Aiii

So not worth it
Why you like mayo so much then man ha. When I went Amsterdam it's all they served with chips.

Because it is the superior way to eat fries, silly American.

Not sure why you would put it on Broccoli, since that goes way better with cheese, but hey, I've seen people put weirder shit together.

Beefy

Because it is the superior way to eat fries, silly American.

Not sure why you would put it on Broccoli, since that goes way better with cheese, but hey, I've seen people put weirder shit together.

From the UK. Plain old salt for me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why not both?

---

You don't know what you're missing, Seph. The world could learn a thing or two from Dutch snack food.

Pikma

Banned
AAA threatened to sue PCW for booking Pentagon

These guys put more effort on trying to fuck up someone's career than on trying to save their shit promotion from sinking

Hasney

When did glide come out? I'm pretty sure there was a hook you could use so you didn't need a 3dfx card in one of the earlier iterations of the emulator but that just brought in additional emulation problems. I remember getting a voodoo 3 2000 (or were those the voodoo2s?) And playing the hell out of the n64 emulators in the late 90s/early 2000s. This was back when counter strike was so in beta and I was on a pro team for it though, but that's neither here nor there.

When UltraHLE was out, it was when Voodoo2 was the shit. But yeah, it was a wrapper to make the D3D cards act like 3Dfx, so it was almost double emulation which is why there were issues. CS had openGL, so it was all good.

Their fed was already dead. I'm just there for a nostalgia pop.

Sounds just like that mark, not enough stumbling over words though.

Top Bottom