• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Zach

Tell 'em, Dato.

But yeah, that 'fabe ain't comin' back to the E, pals. Get off the train before it's too late. You've already sacrificed so much.

[watches December to Dismember 2006]

Lothar

Banned
My Pi 3 is one of the best "consoles" I ever bought. Have a ton of NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS1/etc. games on there that get played ALL the time.

I can't accurately map an N64 controller to it though for a true Revenge or No Mercy play though.

Buy a N64 controller w/ USB. I have one. It works perfectly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I got an NES Classic for my birthday. It's great. I have a Pi and hell, I even got the rigs necessary to rip all of my games onto everything I own but I still like using it. I might hack it and put in a different game or two.

Sephzilla

I guess spinning off from that conversation, Miz and Rusev seem like the only two people in the company who do try to maintain some constant level of kayfabe.

The honest answer to this is the same reason Cyborg is in Justice League. It's to get some ethnic representation in the mix because the MCU is overwhelmingly white heroes.

I mean, Cage has some fun stuff in the books, but the series is just too damn depressing to watch because it's so uninteresting despite some good things going for it. Same goes for Jessica Jones.

Hope Iron Fist is good.

Sephzilla

I mean, Cage has some fun stuff in the books, but the series is just too damn depressing to watch because it's so uninteresting despite some good things going for it. Same goes for Jessica Jones.

Hope Iron Fist is good.

I actually liked Jessica Jones. But a good part of that is because David Tennant played probably the best "MCU" villain ever. Killgrave was a legitimately unsettling villain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Give these guys the beltz then.

P.S. Raspberry Pi, hm? Possible to play that Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 business on there with an English patch or whatevz? Do I want to go down this rabbit hole?!

n64 emulation is still largely hit or miss.

ReiGun

A part of me thinks that happened with whoever nixing it because "we already have someone with a supernatural gimmick" even though Finn doesn't change or do anything different when he's "The DEMON KING™".

That was such a strange response in that interview. I mean fuck, make it a Saiyan gimmick or some shit, fighting gets her hype. Like I said before she's still basically Athena with a different name and music which I imagine why she uses "NXT War Goddess" as a hashtag. Go with it, she's a "warrior" and some shit, it's been six months and as a casual Athena mark since 2011 it's frustrating that they haven't really done anything to establish who she is and what she's about, I assumed that was the reason for Asuka's asking "who" when she was brought up but... ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I still say they could just full anime with it and make it a "magical girl" gimmick. She's a normal person most of the time until it's time for a match and then she becomes Ember Moon. Lets her do all the anime poses and shit and have it actually make sense. Plus it seems like the kind of gimmick she could get into. It even eliminates the problem with THE DEMON KANG because she doesn't need to change anything but her look for matches.

Pretty sure I saw this on a PPV or Sunday Night's Main Event recap. Rude, Jake, and Heenan: more talent than everyone involved with WWE today combined. I SAID IT!

Jake coming out in sweatpants soaking wet is why he is the best.

Today a face would come out with his music and merch looking like a goofball

Hasney

Friend of mine on another forum ended up being Matt Hardys waiter.

Vkula9.jpg

King Maxell did not look amused.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
N64 emulation specifically on the Raspberry Pi is pretty hit or miss. I think the Pi is right on the edge of being powerful enough for the N64. Any standard PC these days should easily be able to do N64 games

It's more than powerful enough, especially the three. Someone really good would have to program an emulator specifically for the Pi3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Matt is like the perfect example of tryign to keep kayfabe consistent. It's why so many people buy into his gimmick and why even your boy 'meltz' thinks it genius because he sticks to it even if it is goofy. If you're not going to believe your gimmick then why should I?

I actually liked Jessica Jones. But a good part of that is because David Tennant played probably the best "MCU" villain ever. Killgrave was a legitimately unsettling villain.

I think Kingpin beats him to the punch, but I agree that Kilgrave is part of the reason JJ didn't sink completely.

Friend of mine on another forum ended up being Matt Hardys waiter.

Vkula9.jpg

King Maxell did not look amused.

Dem closed eyes from your friend tho.

Hasney

Matt is like the perfect example of tryign to keep kayfabe consistent. It's why so many people buy into his gimmick and why even your boy 'meltz' thinks it genius because he sticks to it even if it is goofy. If you're not going to believe your gimmick then why should I?

Yup. Apparently he want going to ask for a picture, but Matt asked for him to take some pictures of him and Maxell on his phone for Reby and he was in-gimmick then. So he asked for a photo too.

A Hardy is the one keeping kayfabe alive.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you like career long kayfabe keeping in the modern era then Matt Hardy is a great choice.

I mean sure, for almost twenty years that character was just that of the jealous brother, but he kept it up twenty four seven baby.

Sephzilla

I think Kingpin beats him to the punch, but I agree that Kilgrave is part of the reason JJ didn't sink completely.

I can't argue with anyone saying Kingpin is #1. What I liked about Killgrave was that he had a superpower that really could have been used for some world-conquering supervillain shit and instead he used it for some really disgusting, personal, and invasive shit. That shit made me love hating the guy.

Hasney

If you like career long kayfabe keeping in the modern era then Matt Hardy is a great choice.

I mean sure, for almost twenty years that character was just that of the jealous brother, but he kept it up twenty four seven baby.

Matt always had the better gimmick. V1 baby.

Hasney

I did not watch WWE during that period, but I did play DoR a lot and V1 shines even there.

Matt Facts are also ingrained into my head.

To add to how amazing that gimmick was outside of what you can gleam from the games, Shannon Moore and Crash Holly were Mattitude Followers AKA M'Frs. Matt also went for the Cruiserweight Title and there were montages of him on treadmills losing weight to compete.

Top Bottom