• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Nekofrog

Banned
When UltraHLE was out, it was when Voodoo2 was the shit. But yeah, it was a wrapper to make the D3D cards act like 3Dfx, so it was almost double emulation which is why there were issues. CS had openGL, so it was all good.

Its weird that all this stuff I used to know as general knowledge is so hazy now considering how much I used it.

Riva TNT in 97 I think for half life and unreal (might have been 98),to a voodoo 2000 (that sumbitch could overclock like a beast) into GeForce 2 mx 400,turn into the GeForce TI 4600. The gf4 lasted so long, what a great card

Hasney

I just ate the Menome burger. I recommend it.

Filthiest Show in Town
2 1/4 pounders, cheese, chorizo, pepperoni, fried mozzarella, Shoestring Onion, parmesan, Mamma's Red Sauce, French's mustard, Dynamite sauce

Anth0ny

"I've just received word that Anthony Trevor Phillips has extreme heat backstage after posting a Zelda video with spoilers in it. Anthony, or Tony as he's know, was apparently told to kill himself multiple times for posting small images of easter egg costumes in a children's video game. Sephzilla has not commented, and while plans can change, Tony may be in the dog house at this time. He is currently trying to shoot himself out of the work he's placed himself in."

Nekofrog

Banned
Just want to say if you don't listen to Bruce pritchards something to wrestle with podcast you probably should. So much interesting content from a guy who was writing and producing it at the time.

Sephzilla

"I've just received word that Anthony Trevor Phillips has extreme heat backstage after posting a Zelda video with spoilers in it. Anthony, or Tony as he's know, was apparently told to kill himself multiple times for posting small images of easter egg costumes in a children's video game. Sephzilla has not commented, and while plans can change, Tony may be in the dog house at this time. He is currently trying to shoot himself out of the work he's placed himself in."

And now coming to the podium to address this Zeldagate scandal is GWF President and Commissioner Sephzilla

*Sephzilla walks up to the podium in a nice suit*

"Stop wasting your time with another overrated Zelda game"

*Sephzilla leaves the podium*

This concludes our GWF press conference

#BRINGBACKKAYFABE

It would make WWE a lot better. I don't need heels and faces to not drive or dress together but let people live Thier characters a little. I want to invest in characters not brands

IT USED TO BE BETTER

The need for wrestlers to live their gimmicks was one of the worst things about kayfabe.

They aren't getting 24/7 performance pay....

I guess spinning off from that conversation, Miz and Rusev seem like the only two people in the company who do try to maintain some constant level of kayfabe.

Except you know when Rusev goes and plays video games with Woods on Woods' Youtube show

Hasney

The need for wrestlers to live their gimmicks was one of the worst things about kayfabe.

They aren't getting 24/7 performance pay....

Matt don't care

tumblr_obrv4hx6Ya1u1ljrzo1_1280.gif

I guess spinning off from that conversation, Miz and Rusev seem like the only two people in the company who do try to maintain some constant level of kayfabe.

I think Miz is just a natural cunt. Like, not in a horrible way, but I think that;s just how he is.

Sephzilla

I think Miz is just a natural cunt. Like, not in a horrible way, but I think that;s just how he is.

I kind of theorize that Miz is a pretty chill dude away from his character. The stuff he does seems too much like a conscious choice and not necessarily natural douche-baggery. Ziggler is the guy who I think is a natural asshole because his "nice guy" persona seems so incredibly fake and he comes off like an entitled cunt a lot

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm laughing at "why can't kayfabe still be alive" questions being posed in 2017.

Because its 2017.

Sephzilla

If you could ban one type of thread from GAF what would it be?

The answer is Star Wars threads.

Serious answer. Nintendo threads. Modern Nintendo fans who frequent gaming sites live in an unfathomable level of denial and it makes having discussions with them impossible.

"Nintendo would go out of business if they directly competed with Microsoft and Sony! They need to do gimmicks/be different!"

"... But being different and going after gimmicks is what put them into the hole they're in right now"

"But that's the only way they'll survive!"

I kind of theorize that Miz is a pretty chill dude away from his character. The stuff he does seems too much like a conscious choice and not necessarily natural douche-baggery. Ziggler is the guy who I think is a natural asshole because his "nice guy" persona seems so incredibly fake and he comes off like an entitled cunt a lot

Ziggler is a grade A douche moron. Just listen to him talk politics lmao

gun_haver

I just don't think wrestlers and social media should mix at all, except through official kayfabe channels. They should all have separate accounts for wrestling tweets and non-wrestling tweets, etc.

It's a weird problem because wrestling is built for a world where the only access the audience has to the wrestlers is by watching them in the ring, and as the real world has developed, wrestling has tried to follow it, and been creating contradictions in itself constantly.

I like to read backstage information after a show, if there was any interesting real info such as Jericho shouting at Brock Lesnar or y'know, whatever (there really hasn't been much in the way of that for a while, that's the most recent thing i could think of) - but I don't give a fuck about ANY of the WWE's supra-kayfabe stuff, any of the wrestler's twitters and definitely not their political opinions.

The fact is wrestling is an industry built by right-wingers. Nowadays the right-wingers employ a mix of fellow right wingers and nerds who pay lip service to non-right wing ideas. The deeper you dig into the real world of wrestling, the more boring, stupid and disgusting it becomes.

As far as kayfabe/shoot public personas go - I think the WWE should let the wrestlers write and perform their own promos. If they can't trust them to do that, then they shouldn't get any promo time. Let the cream rise to the top. You'll get rid of weird contradictions like Seth Rollins being a heel and the entire audience being behind him. You'd get unpredictable moments of great entertainment and absolute death. It'd be great!

The WWE is far too big and stable for that, though. They're expanding every month, warranted by demand or not. I can't think of anything that would, but it'd be good if something could really shake them up and make them worry.

Zach

I don't want to argue, my babies. I'm just saying keep your personal life out my face if it's inconsistent with your TV-ness. Otherwise I ain't got time for ya. #SuckIt #DegenerateIntoSomethingFooooo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Based on what?

From who?

Certainly not the WWE. She's paid for what she does in camera.

Yeah, I don't get it. Why would Alexa Bliss being in kayfabe all the time help her at all?

Fans mostly care about performers, not their specific characters.

Based on the insane popularity of the Harley Quinn character

Bliss' look is HQ inspired but her character certainty isn't.

Even if it was, still not seeing why her being a HQ knockoff 24/7 would make her more money.

If anything her character work on screen and her real life story and approachability off screen have made her infinitely more popular.

Zach

Cool guys like me and Data West are from a different time. We are wrestling fans, whereas you are sports-entertainment/Marvel Universe fans. We just like different things, and that's fine. But at least admit we're right. Thank you.

Beefy

Cool guys like me and Data West are from a different time. We are wrestling fans, whereas you are sports-entertainment/Marvel Universe fans. We just like different things, and that's fine. But at least admit we're right. Thank you.

Chattimg to yourself?

Pikma

Banned
I just don't get everyone's obsession with fucking kayfabe in this day and age, like, I get that if used well can benefit someone's gimmick, especially if it's something over the top (Matt Hardy, that Kota Ibushi/Tiger Mask thing, etc.) but I just don't see why someone with a lot less crazier gimmick should be forced to have a separate social media account so he can continue to play his character 24/7, it seriously gets a 'what the fuck' reaction out of me.

Like, how would that benefit American Alpha for example? Or Roman Reigns? Or Alexa Bliss?

The most a kayfabe tweet ever gets from me is a chuckle anyway, I don't think it has ever made me change how I see any specific wrestler, and I don't get why it should.

Beefy

I just don't get everyone's obsession with fucking kayfabe in this day and age, like, I get that if used well can benefit someone's gimmick, especially if it's something over the top (Matt Hardy, that Kota Ibushi/Tiger Mask thing, etc.) but I just don't see why someone with a lot less crazier gimmick should be forced to have a separate social media account so he can continue to play his character 24/7, it seriously gets a 'what the fuck' reaction out of me.

Like, how would that benefit American Alpha for example? Or Roman Reigns? Or Alexa Bliss?

The most a kayfabe tweet ever gets from me is a chuckle anyway, I don't think it has ever made me change how I see any specific wrestler, and I don't get why it should.

Yeah! I don't give a shit about how wrestlers act on social media etc. Long as they aren't doing illegal shit.

Angry Grimace

Gotta be like Jared Leto in Suicide Squad since that got him over so huge right

Hasney

I never get these GAF threads. I've been a video game, wrestling and D&D geek since before 10, yet I've always known how to behave around the sex I'm, interested in and know when someones interested.

Beefy

Women can be gross, sad losers, too!

But I don't see it as harassment, they are only being nice...

I never get these GAF threads. I've been a video game, wrestling and D&D geek since before 10, yet I've always known how to behave around the sex I'm, interested in and know when someones interested.

Yeah I don't get it either. Being respectful isn't hard.

Sephzilla

Some threads/posts around here make me seriously wonder how some people function in day to day life.

Top Bottom