• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

ReiGun

Part of the reason Matt maintaining kayfabe works is the novelty of it. No one else really does it to the extent he does nowadays, especially with such an over the top character.

And really, who would it even be for? Everyone knows it's an act save little kids, and they probably don't give too much of a shit either way. In this day and age, it's much more in the performers' interests to build a connection with fans based on their genuine selves. Especially in the case of WWE, where the booking on the actual show often doesn't do talent any favors.

Matt don't care

tumblr_obrv4hx6Ya1u1ljrzo1_1280.gif

I think Miz is just a natural cunt. Like, not in a horrible way, but I think that;s just how he is.

By all accounts, Miz is a really nice guy, good hearted guy who is just really annoying. Like, insufferably annoying.

Miz seems like a pretty liked guy behind the scenes. He definitely is gonna be someone who when he stops wrestling they will offer him some backstage role if he wants it (he'd be a pretty good commentator).

Recall

This fucking match. Holy shit.

Japanese Ocean Cyclone!!!

Japanese women beat each other up with such anger and furious determination. It's incredible.

Pikma

Banned
Miz seems like a pretty liked guy behind the scenes. He definitely is gonna be someone who when he stops wrestling they will offer him some backstage role if he wants it (he'd be a pretty good commentator).
Yeah, and from what I've read he's an all around great person outside of wrestling too.

Zach

I'm not a violent man and I don't hate Big Daddy D. Meltz, but if I ever see someone wearing that shirt, I'm-a Richard Spencer 'em right in the mush.

Hasney

Part of the reason Matt maintaining kayfabe works is the novelty of it. No one else really does it to the extent he does nowadays, especially with such an over the top character.

And really, who would it even be for? Everyone knows it's an act save little kids, and they probably don't give too much of a shit either way. In this day and age, it's much more in the performers' interests to build a connection with fans based on their genuine selves. Especially in the case of WWE, where the booking on the actual show often doesn't do talent any favors.

There's literally a Broken Tailgate happening with the Hardys outside of Wrestlemania too. It's fucking awesome.

Pikma

Banned
It's hilarious how the people writing those shitty hateful tweets always have terrible grammar, always.

They couldn't make their lack of education even more evident if they tried.

I definitely miss any level of kayfabe and I appreciate any wrestler more who makes even the slightest attempt at maintaining it but there's a lot of issues as to why WWE has a severe lack of effective heels and faces.

That licking fingers after eating is gross thread is weird man.

My mother does is and then uses her fingers to wipe her plate/bowl and does it again, absolutely disgusting.

somedevil

Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheet has reported that Lucha Libre FMV, which is a company that has been set up to run both AAA and Lucha Underground, sent a legal notice to the PCW group out of California to attempt and block the company from using Pentagon Jr. and Ray Fenix. In the documents obtained by Pro Wrestling Sheet, PCW responded to the notice and are arguing that Ray Fenix was using that name prior to the formation of Lucha Libre FMV. Regarding Pentagon Jr., he has recently filed to obtain the rights to the name “Penta 0M” and Lucha Libre FMV is trying to trying to land the trademark on that name as well, but PCW is confident he will obtain the rights to the new name and don’t plan to market him under the moniker “Pentagon Jr.”.

What is happening? Pentagon is still signed with Lucha Underground right? Cause it must be hard to work for a company that is trying to trademark each name you come up with and try to block you from working.

Top Bottom