• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

It may be self indulgent, but...

C3scx4tUMAEj_SH.jpg:small

I think this'll be fun. The Ospreay + Priestley vs Ricochet + Blanchard match at WCPW looked fun, I'm up for a tournament of that.

For some reason, despite being in a thread named February, that we're in February and that's there's a lot of games coming up.

Out of the games you guys discussed I'm in for Nier and maybe Mass Effect, although I'm still playing The Witcher 3, with a lot of that left to go I think (haven't even started the expansions). Maybe even Crypt of the Necrodancer since it's coming to the Xbone.

Also I still can't get over how much Miz killed Corbin with that sentence.

This is news to me, props to her, fighting the good mental health fight.
I am now more intrigued in this book.

...she really wasn't that good of a wrestler though. her strengths were character and mic work.

The most important parts of Sports Entertainment Sephille!

Real arse Owl though, I hate that WWE basically snub her these days, probably due to Punk. Remember when they had that rise of WWE womens wrestling thing on the network? she didn't even get as much as a cursory glance.

Hasney

I'm not buying new games until I'm done with the old one now. Liked to be on that early hype train, but fuck y'all.

Persona 5 is pre ordered along with Switch stuff and that's it. The rest I'll pick up cheap.

Pikma,send me your cable services password. Asap. I need to watch nicktoons.

Actually pack up your satellite equipment. You can finish paying the bills too.

I'm not buying new games until I'm done with the old one now. Liked to be on that early hype train, but fuck y'all.

Persona 5 is pre ordered along with Switch stuff and that's it. The rest I'll pick up cheap.

Neither am I. Ill pick uo Nier on PC at some point but I am so deep in Port Royale 3 and Offworld Trading Company right now I struggle to care about anything coming out soon.

Board gaming is really taking over my gaming hobby. They contain so much that I look for in PC games but there are so many unique, fresh and exciting ideas and ways of interacting with people it makes video games seem kinda shit, to me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can't wait for Miz to start shooting on fucking John Cena

Shit will be good

Except the "shooting" you're thinking of is going to be Cena saying he's in actual movies and the Miz is in the Marine 5.

Pikma

Banned
Pikma,send me your cable services password. Asap. I need to watch nicktoons.

Actually pack up your satellite equipment. You can finish paying the bills too.
I'm gonna send you my Directv if you promise you'll watch Monday Night Raw and Chrisley Knows Best till the day Directv goes bankrupt

Pikma

Banned
Chrisley is a better promo than 99% of the roster.
You know OwensIsNow, I was gonna make fun of you because you just admitted to having watched that garbage at some point during your young life but it's just... so sad

I'm sorry you had to go through that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
realistically, how much heat do you reckon Joe is getting for this Rollins thing?

A really good point was brought up by Alvarez this morning on Observer Radio. If the company was as protective of the guys during the Attitude Era as they are now, there's no way they would have cleared Steve Austin after his neck injury against Owen Hart. Would have completely changed history.

Saw the diagnosis for Seth. That's brutal. He really needs to just take extended time away. I honestly blame this company. I know it was a freak accident but this guy wrestles all the damn time. He's coming off a catastrophic knee injury and he should be protected. This is WWE's problem. They have THE SAME guys wrestle every night and rely on said guys. They don't build up rising talent to help carry the load. They put all their eggs in a small number of baskets. Seth is your main guy and he's just not protected enough.

Zach

Like, is Data West trying to tell me I shouldn't watch this Eric Bischoff vs. Theodore Long (with Palmer Canon??) match?

I never watched WWE during CM Punk's time. What was the appeal?

He was a very talented wrassler, in the ring and on the mic

And people are still legit shook by his "shoot" Pipebomb promo to this day
He also came in at a time when WWE was getting worse and worse, so comparatively you wanted to root for him. The way things turned out with him "shooting" on the company was a pretty great way to play off of that.

I had unfortunately given up on the product maybe a year before the "pipebomb" and following events

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Punk was the first "cool indie guy" to actually make an impact in WWE (whereas now they're swimming in em)

Top Bottom