• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Syder

ZIG ZAG!

xrB7Jqf.gif

Recall

Watching my first ever UWF show. UWF U-Cosmos Nov 29th 1989 from the Tokyo Dome.

It's amazing. It's fake yet the crowd don't know and no one told the guys in the ring either. Some of the American opponents look fucking terrified before their "fights".

The whole history of the UWF is crazy with how quickly they managed to draw massive crowds yet still implode just as fast.

Menome

Glad to hear your old man's doing alright Beefy. With things going to shit as they are at the moment in the world, it's good to have a win.

Can't shake the feeling that they're not playing to Jeff Cobb's strengths, but that was an entertaining match with Jaka.

And the random four way was good too. Always enjoy how Yehi moves.

KissVibes

Banned
Tom Phillips got mad handsome and decided to immediately cheat on his partner. Disgusting. Just be single and fuck who you want, you attractive asshole.

Recall

Keith Lee vs. Hot Sauce was some hot fire, friends.

Now to see how Darby Allin will kill himself this week.

I'm no expert, but shoot, friend.

What exactly was a work with UWF matches? Just the outcome? As I'm watching Americans kicking the living shit out of Minoru Suzuki messing up his face and it all seems too real.

The Japanese on Japanese matches look worked but it's taken to the next level against clearly shoot fighters.

It's easily the best acting and co-operation ever if it's all just a show.

What exactly was a work with UWF matches? Just the outcome? As I'm watching Americans kicking the living shit out of Minoru Suzuki messing up his face and it all seems too real.

The Japanese on Japanese matches look worked but it's taken to the next level against clearly shoot fighters.

It's easily the best acting and co-operation ever if it's all just a show.

They blur the lines very effectively, and there are moments when it's not clear if it's a shoot (Fujiwara vs. Sayama from January 16, 1985, when Sayama starts kicking Fujiwara's legs and pisses him off). However, they're just shoot style matches, not full blown shoots. They work very tight by potatoing each other and cranking back on holds a bit more than they should, but the results are, unless they go weird, pre-determined.

This has some good info: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2007/8/9/134253/6410

Recall

They blur the lines very effectively, and there are moments when it's not clear if it's a shoot (Fujiwara vs. Sayama from January 16, 1985, when Sayama starts kicking Fujiwara's legs and pisses him off). However, they're just shoot style matches, not full blown shoots. They work very tight by potatoing each other and cranking back on holds a bit more than they should, but the results are, unless they go weird, pre-determined.

This has some good info: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2007/8/9/134253/6410

Thank you.

I'm going to have track down more of UWF. It's all so fascinating.

Riddle vs. Galloway felt like it didn't hit all cylinders.

For God's sake, Gabe, please stop booking Larry Dallas for these show-killing segments.

klonere

Banned

Cornette booked a Wade Keller vs Dave Meltzer jobber vs jobber match as MAIN EVENT ANGLE.

HEAVENLY BODIES vs DAVE MELTZER & WADE KELLER
-Caudle & Mantell say they've never heard of the jobbers scheduled for this match. Bodies go in the ring to wait for them and out come the Rock & Roll Express, who signed the contract with fake names to get around the injunction that Cornette filed against Ricky Morton. I'm like 90% sure that any court in America would take Cornette's side in this situation

-Prichard surfboards Morton while Dutch Mantell says he first smelled a rat when he saw the names Meltzer & Keller on a contract, because Meltzer & Keller got their wrestling licenses suspended after they got arrested for a credit card scam in Louisiana.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-name-on-the-marquee-smoky-mountain-wrestling-2-5-1994/

Top Bottom