• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

BwvadEd.png
Crybaby

RBH is just a loser who loves a loser football team, heh heh heh

Go ahead and post the gif, it has no more power!
Zack can have great matches with just about anyone, it's more a matter of environment than anything - watch him absolutely kill it with Shibata next month. He's arguably one of the best technical wrestlers in the world right now, but that doesn't mean he or his style is suited to 8-12 minute, over-produced WWE matches. Like how Bryan Danielson had to adapt his style to find his place in WWE, so to would Zack if he ever goes there.
I bet he couldn't have a good match with me, ya mark

Also AJ Styles adapted in less time.

Pikma

Banned
Zack can have great matches with just about anyone, it's more a matter of environment than anything - watch him absolutely kill it with Shibata next month. He's arguably one of the best technical wrestlers in the world right now, but that doesn't mean he or his style is suited to 8-12 minute, over-produced WWE matches. Like how Bryan Danielson had to adapt his style to find his place in WWE, so to would Zack if he ever goes there.
Agreed on everything except the part about the over produced WWE matches, since the participants themselves have said that they let everyone do whatever they wanted in their matches, it's the reason we saw a fucking burning hammer.

It's also why match quality hasn't been replicated since then

orioto

Good Art™
So i saw they wasted Jericho's return on a house show and had Owens attack him, when he was acting like he moved on on RAW..

I'm sure they will find a way to ruin all that, right..

If Jericho/Owens is a house show filler; i even wonder if they got such a big plan for it at Mania.

Pikma

Banned
Judging ZSJ for his CWC matches is like judging AJ for his first matches with Jericho, and even that is an unfair comparison

I invite you all to join me in a terrible decision and stay up to watch tonight's AJPW Jr. Battle of Glory show at 3am Eastern at http://www.psp-tv.com/r/PoD

Jr. League ~ B BLOCK : Hikaru Sato vs. Yuma Aoyagi
Jr. League ~ A BLOCK : Masashi Takeda vs. Minoru Tanaka
Jr. League ~ A BLOCK : Atsushi Aoki vs. Koji Iwamoto
Jr. League ~ Final Match

Jun Akiyama & Keisuke Ishii vs. Takao Omori & Kazuhiro Tamura
Zeus, KAI, Yohei Nakajima & Yusuke Okada vs. Yutaka Yoshie, Ryoji Sai, Atsushi Maruyama & Fuminori Abe
Suwama & Joe Doering vs. Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura

Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. The Bodyguard

The juniors tournament should be pretty fun, even if AJPW's junior division isn't the best in Japan.

Pikma

Banned
I invite you all to join me in a terrible decision and stay up to watch tonight's AJPW Jr. Battle of Glory show at 3am Eastern at http://www.psp-tv.com/r/PoD

Jr. League ~ Final Match

Zeus, KAI, Yohei Nakajima & Yusuke Okada vs. Yutaka Yoshie, Ryoji Sai, Atsushi Maruyama & Fuminori Abe

Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. The Bodyguard

The juniors tournament should be pretty fun, even if AJPW's junior division isn't the best in Japan.
Why do they do this on a day with a NJPW event? Don't their fanbases overlap?

I mean in terms of viewers

NJPW and ROH are concerned about online viewers because of NJPW World, but I'm betting that AJPW is more concerned about live attendance than who's watching on TV and couldn't care less about the few hundred people who will watch on the stream tonight. As much as AJPW has recovered, NJPW is on a different level.

Jr. League ~ Final Match

Not really interested as none of the matches outside of Miyahara vs. Bodyguard look all that great, plus it's pretty clear that Miyahara is retaining. Hopefully Zeus will be the next challenger, as he's really the only person in AJPW who could take the title right now - unless Akiyama has a Misawa moment.

Not really interested as none of the matches outside of Miyahara vs. Bodyguard look all that great, plus it's pretty clear that Miyahara is retaining. Hopefully Zeus will be the next challenger, as he's really the only person in AJPW who could take the title right now - unless Akiyama has a Misawa moment.

I could see Zeus coming out after Miyahara dispatches The Bodyguard and then beat Miyahara during the Champion Carnival to set up the title match later. But the undercard is, I agree, not that great apart from the junior tournament.

Foggy

Jr. League ~ Final Match

I will do no such thing, but I will catch it on RHA. Only interested in the Kenny match for NJPW. This is where it's gonna be at.

raven was my favorite wrestler during that time period

jeff jarrett as a face lol

Yeah TNA in 2003 was interesting. I get it that it wasn't ROH with amazing off the wall 5 star wrestling but the X-Division, AMW, New Church, and some of the other stuff just made Wednesday nights something to look forward to. Raw just was not cutting it. Funny these days, Raw still doesn't cut it.

Top Bottom