• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Nope

j2DcQc0.jpg

I was there!

One of the worst Stunners of all time

Zach

I was going to toss some shade, but then I remembered that you stopped the gradez after X7 so you missed most of hugging lunatic Austin.

Still... shame! Shame!

I watched a lot of the RAWs through the Invasion. And then I stopped watching RAW (except for, say, the Eddie special). But I still mostly watch the PPVs.

But anyway, I enjoyed wacky Stone Cold with Kurt, etc. But that's some sideshow entertainment, brother. I'll take Stunning Steve's wrasslin' over that for sure.

I was there!

One of the worst Stunners of all time

It's really, incredibly bad. Very strange. Like they never practiced it and McMahon clearly had no idea what he was doing.

Still a great segment. Especially at the time.

Its the Network era. Would have been the Yes era but we know how that worked out.

Peak Korporate Kane though.

I just don't get why it becomes the New era, kinda feels like it should just be carrying on from there.

Perhaps it was the end of Kane events that finally signalled the new era.

The Vaudevillains never wrestled in a 'classic' style, and that instantly killed them for me.

One of them does a swanton for fuck's sake.
This has pretty much always been my problem with them and the gimmick. If you're gonna do it go all in or at least as much as possible ya boardwalk carny fucks.
watching less and less WWE nowadays, have so much more free time lol, can clear out some of vg backlog. so happy to get that monkey off my back.

Oh god... If I could stop myself from flat out watching Raw and Smackdown (which I pretty much did until it went live) not only would that be hours I could spend doing something better but it might help preserve a small bit of the sanity I have left.

1. Attitude Era
2. Golden Era
3. New Generation
4. PG Era
5. New era
6. Reality Era
7. Ruthless Aggression Era - the time that was so shitty it killed off the wrestling boom. 19% voted for that? There must be more Katie Vick fans than I thought.

Smackdown brother RA Smackdown was god tier

I was born in 1993 and although I have gone back and watched classics, I don't feel comfortable including the Golden and New Generation eras. Here's my rankings though:

1. Attitude Era
2. The New Era
3. Reality Era
4. Ruthless Aggression Era
5. PG Era

The attitude era is peak entertainment. It's the reason why most of us probably still watch wrestling today. Biggest stars, best stories, most entertainment, most competition. I get that the actual in-ring work isn't up to par with later stuff, but it was just too much damn fun to not be recognized as the favorite.

Ranked the Reality Era low because of the sheer amount of frustration that came with it. Kane and Big Show in the main event of Raw constantly, and the constant battle of Punk and Bryan getting the shaft was exhausting. Bryan at least got his pay off.

Ruthless Aggression was pretty bad at times, especially on the Raw side of things, but it still was a bit better than the PG era. Main eventers in these era include guys like Khali, JBL, terrible Miz, R-Truth, Kozlov, and I'm sure a plethora of guys that I'd rather not think about. Not to mention that you could combine these two and simply name it the "Lol Cena wins" Era. Definitely the worst years of WWE by far.

somedevil

Impact wrestling has lost someone else:

Drew GallowayVerified account‏@GallowaySpeaks 14m14 minutes ago
More
Thank you @IMPACTWRESTLING for these past two years & everything we achieved together. I'll miss everyone & I'll see you down that long road

So would WWE be interested in him again and not for a 3mb reunion?

Rimfya

Banned
Conundrum. I cancelled my WWE Network subscription after RR to 'send a message' to higher ups and now I can't watch WWE Fastlane without re-subscribing, which I feel will send the wrong message. I'm 110% sure I'm overthinking this.

Heroman

Banned
Conundrum. I cancelled my WWE Network subscription after RR to 'send a message' to higher ups and now I can't watch WWE Fastlane without re-subscribing, which I feel will send the wrong message. I'm 110% sure I'm overthinking this.
What message were you trying to send?

"I am unhappy"

You can't come crawling back quickly after sending that, especially if you're still unhappy. Watching everything ain't worth it

Even I keep my WWE stuff to only Raw and read up on everything else.

Your voice goes a lot farther than the dollar ever could

slabrock

Banned

You don't know anyone who has the network? I watch ppvs with a group of people at my buddies place.

Anth0ny

just watch the gif of the main event 3 minutes after it happens

spear

jackhammer

1 2 3

Top Bottom