• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Sephzilla

Sunny Mac
Strobogo

The mystery entrant in the Rumble is neither of these people, rest assured. It's a regular WrassleGAFfer who just didn't want his name announced in GWF yet. He wants that slight wow factor for when he shows up. Like when Roman Reigns entered at #30 in the 2017 Royal Rumble. Note: the mystery entrant will not be entering at #30 like Roman Reigns did.

BONUS NOTE - The mystery third opponent in the Sephzilla/Zach match is not the same person as the anonymous Royal Rumble entrant

This Pete Dunne shirt looks.....safe?

bear_tee.jpg

Zach

The mystery entrant in the Rumble is neither of these people, rest assured. It's a regular WrassleGAFfer who just didn't want his name announced in GWF yet. He wants that slight wow factor for when he shows up. Like when Roman Reigns entered at #30 in the 2017 Royal Rumble. Note: the mystery entrant will not be entering at #30 like Roman Reigns did.

BONUS NOTE - The mystery third opponent in the Sephzilla/Zach match is not the same person as the anonymous Royal Rumble entrant
Look at this overbooked mess.

Sephzilla

who's eating crow?

game journos always overrate zelda because their childhood

Pretty much. Not counting HD/3D remake shit, every mainline console Zelda since Ocarina has been 93 or higher on Metacritic.

Ocarina - 99
Majora's Mask - 95
Wind Waker - 96
Twilight Princess - 95
Skyward Sword - 93

Pretty much. Not counting HD/3D remake shit, every mainline console Zelda since Ocarina has been 93 or higher on Metacritic.

Ocarina - 99
Majora's Mask - 95
Wind Waker - 96
Twilight Princess - 95
Skyward Sword - 93

The last three are suspect in their own ways but I'll defend the top two to the death.
As an aside Wind Waker HD still outscored better games on the console, grumble grumble.

If you really want to make this point, grab the phantom hourglass score.

Sephzilla

The last three are suspect in their own ways but I'll defend the top two to the death.
As an aside Wind Waker HD still outscored better games on the console, grumble grumble.

If you really want to make this point, grab the phantom hourglass score.

Yeah Ocarina and Majora's Mask are classics but the other three, yeah, I consider suspect. I straight up consider Skyward Sword a really mediocre video game. Also yeah, Phantom Hourglass scoring a 90 is ridiculous.

Skyward Sword could do with a remaster and some thought put in to giving breathers, the long trek through the massive pre-dungeon sections followed by the dungeons is pretty exhausting.

2D zelda are far better then 3D zelda's anyway. 2, 3, 4 & ALBW are better then any 3D zelda. Hopefully BOTW will change that.

Honor Rising night 2 main event was really fun.

Wonder if War Machine are going to start drifting towards NJPW, or if their title challenge will be a one off.

shaowebb

Real talk. Is there anyway for CM Punk to salvage his career at this point? He left loud and in a way that resonated with fans but all his believing his own hype made him perform a several year delusional build up to a UFC fight that was one of the worst one way beatdowns of all time. He turned himself into an enormous joke. He was a running gag over the time it took to actually do the fight and all the folks saying he was a loser who was ducking that shouldn't be there was proven adamantly correct by the blow up. Plus they had WWE guys in the audience laughing their asses off at him with Booker T and Stevie Ray.

His rep is shot. Is there really anything left for him to do? It'd take a really really carefully done angle and some hot promos to ever build him back up to a ring return to wrestling at this point. Essentially an entire deconstruction and rebuild angle and I dont know if it could even work.

Real talk. Is there anyway for CM Punk to salvage his career at this point? He left loud and in a way that resonated with fans but all his believing his own hype made him perform a several year delusional build up to a UFC fight that was one of the worst one way beatdowns of all time. He turned himself into an enormous joke. He was a running gag over the time it took to actually do the fight and all the folks saying he was a loser who was ducking that shouldn't be there was proven adamantly correct by the blow up. Plus they had WWE guys in the audience laughing their asses off at him with Booker T and Stevie Ray.

His rep is shot. Is there really anything left for him to do? It'd take a really really carefully done angle and some hot promos to ever build him back up to a ring return to wrestling at this point. Essentially an entire deconstruction and rebuild angle and I dont know if it could even work.

You're joking right? If he went back to wwf, he'd instantly be a top guy until they screw up his booking. Most fans don't care.

Heroman

Banned
Real talk. Is there anyway for CM Punk to salvage his career at this point? He left loud and in a way that resonated with fans but all his believing his own hype made him perform a several year delusional build up to a UFC fight that was one of the worst one way beatdowns of all time.

He turned himself into an enormous joke. He was a running gag over the time it took to actually do the fight and all the folks saying he was a loser who was ducking that shouldn't be there was proven adamantly correct by the blow up. Plus they had WWE guys in the audience laughing their asses off at him with Booker T and Stevie Ray.

He the biggest star star WWE has made in the last 10 years, he could come in tomorrow and be the biggest in the company.

shaowebb

You're joking right? If he went back to wwf, he'd instantly be a top guy until they screw up his booking. Most fans don't care.

He the biggest star star WWE has made in the last 10 years, he could come in tomorrow and be the biggest in the company.

Dude just seemed like a joke up there crying. It didn't seem salvageable to go back to a pseudo-Kenta gimmick based on how he "did martial arts". I guess it'd boil down to them just talking shit and him replying with simple "true...but I still kicked your ass so what does that say about you?" sorta shit.

Syder

When Vince hears 'I'm never coming back' doesn't he take that as a challenge?

If Punk comes back, that night he needs to cut a promo about being one of the only guys to risk their life in an MMA ring, pride in defeat, etc., etc.

but Punk has made so much money and fallen out of love with wrestling. It'd take a ridiculous offer to get him back and that's probably never going to happen.

Yeah, I think it's not for me.

Being a Berserk fan is even worse than being a WWE fan.

Thank you for the replies.
The 2016 attempt an anime is embarrassing. Everything that's wrong with modern anime. Like, do it right or just don't even bother and the same goes for this trash game. The 90's anime is far from perfect but it did the job of drawing people to buy the manga. If someone was thinking about getting into Berserk I think they'd be put off by the new Anime and game.

Dude just seemed like a joke up there crying. It didn't seem salvageable to go back to a pseudo-Kenta gimmick based on how he "did martial arts". I guess it'd boil down to them just talking shit and him replying with simple "true...but I still kicked your ass so what does that say about you?" sorta shit.

It's vince's world lol, he could just say NOBODY SAY ANYTHING ABOUT UFC DAMNIT.

It's far more likely he'd go to NJPW anyway, unless hunter and steph were to suddenly leave wwf.

Shoot: Adam Cole is a solid C+/B- player. Does nothing except yell "Adam Cole bay-bay" well.

He's got good charisma and can hold up his end.

Heroman

Banned
Brock is like 5 - 4 in UFC yet WWE plays him up as this unbeatable fighter, if he returns they won't bring it up.

Hasney

Ocarina - 99
Majora's Mask - 95
Wind Waker - 96
Twilight Princess - 95
Skyward Sword - 93

All accurate and even in the right order.

The system works!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
saying adam cole is c+ is being way too generous

hes babys first heel. hes like the heel promos kids did their first time in tough enough. hes pudgy and lame.

Syder

Brock is like 5 - 4 in UFC yet WWE plays him up as this unbeatable fighter, if he returns they won't bring it up.
Winning but juicing (Brock) is worse than stepping into the octagon and giving it a go but getting your arse handed to you (Punk).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Every heavyweight is like .600 at best in UFC. The highest number of HW title defenses in UFC history is 2 (Brock and a couple of other guys tied for it).

Syder

The crowd had no reaction to Adam Cole at WK11. He needs to adapt to the Japanese market in a way that isn't 'just joining the Bullet Club' or he's going to slip off back to the American indies.

Prince Devitt
AJ Styles
Kenny Omega
Cody Rhodes/Adam Cole

That's a fucking drop off for Bullet Club leadership.

Even serious, suit-wearing heel champ Cole did nothing for me. He's 10 pounds of "meh" in a five pound skinny fat bag.

Thus, I'm surprised he hasn't been signed by WWE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The crowd had no reaction to Adam Cole at WK11. He needs to adapt to the Japanese market in a way that isn't 'just joining the Bullet Club' or he's going to slip off back to the American indies.

Adam Cole isn't going to Japan long term regardless.

He was ready to sign with WWE until ROH sicced their lawyers on him to extend his contract due to an injury (which I'm sure motivated him to want to stick around).

The Broken hardy's might be headed back to the E? H'oh boy. So by this time next year Matt will be back to his V1 gimmick and Jeff will be in a world title feud.

Top Bottom