• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Hasney

Not necessarily worse (though it could well be!), possibly just different.

Like if Jeff wanted to go serious NWA style, the hardys stuff would be out of place.

Drew has left as well and scuttlebutt is that the offers they're making to top guys is less than some of the top indies and having restrictions that TNA have always had too.

But whatever the case, losing your biggest draws is making things worse.

Kaladin

How the fuck did Dixie leaving make TNA worse?

I don't see this as a bad thing. The Hardy's gimmick was getting stale fast. TNA wasn't doing them any favors either by giving them whole random episodes.

Imagine if WWE dedicated entire episodes of Raw to New Day, or Roman Reigns.

Heroman

Banned
Drew has left as well and scuttlebutt is that the offers they're making to top guys is less than some of the top indies and having restrictions that TNA have always had too.

But whatever the case, losing your biggest draws is making things worse.
Eh, the hardy aren't really a draw for TNA.

Sephzilla

I don't see this as a bad thing. The Hardy's gimmick was getting stale fast. TNA wasn't doing them any favors either by giving them whole random episodes.

this isn't already the case?

Hasney

If they were as fun as Total Nonstop Deletion, you could have give me a 3 hour Nia Jax show. like fuck it was getting stale.

Eh, the hardy aren't really a draw for TNA.

They were the biggest draw as in they actually moved the needle a tiny amount. Lashley and that other MMA guy didn't do that.

Hasney

Only the first time afaik. It did far more for the hardys themselves and their indie bookings then it did for TNA.

Yeah, only the first time. But that's still more than anyone else in TNA for several years.

I get the impression that Matt and Jeff would only go back to WWE if Vince dramatically overpaid for them.

Nah, if they got some assurances around character direction and just got paid more there than they did the indies (and Jeff would probably want to be off the full house show circuit. He already takes a lot less bookings than Matt), they'd probably go I think. Matt would probably also want to try and get in with creative for when he hangs up the in-ring stuff.

It's absolutely a bad thing for your already depleted roster to lose 3 of its biggest/last big names in one week. Don't work yourselves

The company was already embarrassed enough by its roster their website lacks a roster page

Zach

Cena/Umaga 2 was pretty good. Nice little feud. But where does Umaga go from here? And are there any more Monsters-of-the-Week left for Cena to conquer?? Will Cena turn heel soon???

Stay tuned to find out.

Kaladin

Only the first time afaik. It did far more for the hardys themselves and their indie bookings then it did for TNA.

This is true:

Total Nonstop Deletion drew 329,000 viewers (.1) up from 303,000 (.07) the previous week.

In comparison, the original Final Deletion pulled in 401,000 and a 1.5 rating. That was a 90k increase as opposed to a 26k bump for TND.

Not bad increases, but I wouldn't consider either to be ground breaking ratings for TNA.

Sephzilla

Hardy's on Raw would be a death sentence.

-------------------------

Matt: "I have returned to the Wrestling Entertainment of the World to conquer the land and reign with my brilli-"

*BRAUN STROWMAN MUSIC*

Cole: "That's Braun Strowman's music!"

*Braun squashes Matt*

Byron: "I guess Matt is really broken now"

*Commercial break*.

Meanwhile, Jeff would be doing his old WWE gimmick again

Kaladin

Hardy's on Raw would be a death sentence.

Matt: "I have returned to the Wrestling Entertainment of the World to conquer the land and reign with my brilli-"

*BRAUN STROWMAN MUSIC*

Cole: "That's Braun Strowman's music!"

*Braun squashes Matt*

Byron: "I guess Matt is really broken now"

*Commercial break*.

Meanwhile, Jeff would be doing his old WWE gimmick again

Hell, when you put it that way, Braun should be squashing Joe.

Caderfix

I love the Hardys, but, honestly, if they come back to the WWE with the broken gimmick, I'd rather them to stay in TNA and the indies. I really dislike that whole thing.

JUnTUer.jpg

I'm actually kinda amazed at TNA's continued dedication to being dumb as fuck.

Fox318

Its amazing how dumb TNA is.

Hardys are going to make a ton in WWE just off merch alone.

Hell they could go to whatculture simply because the Hardys make so much on the indies.

Hasney

Like the creative control thing, whatever. They've done the best creative in TNA than they've had in years, but you might not want guys having that power.

Everything after that point is fucking stupid. It's amazing how fucking stupid.

PWInsider on the Hardys: the sides (them and TNA) came to a verbal agreement in December but they didn't physically get the new contracts until a few weeks ago, late due to ownership change. It being last minute pissed them off, and then the language in the contract limited creative control and also required they pay TNA 10% of outside appearance earnings, which also had to be approved by TNA now. New management thinks nobody's irreplaceable. If they show up at tapings this week, it's to drop the belts. They very much didn't want to leave, as Reby's comments imply. They're masters of their own destiny, want creative control not cash.

Top Bottom