• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Triple H is forever in my bad books for the Cactus Jack feud - I was obviously mistaken at the time, thinking Cactus was the babyface. What a fool I was! The babyface was clearly the despised idiot son in law of a champion, who'd been forced to give a title shot under duress to a dishevelled and incredibly dangerous mess of a man, all while the vile and ugly fans bayed for Hunter's blood. However, the valiant Triple H (forced to face Foley's most violent incarnation in not one, but two incredibly bloodthirsty matches) heroically overcame all obstacles and retained his title with relative ease, retiring the despicable Foley in the process and giving the moronic fans just what they deserved for having the audacity to have believed in things and to have sought a satisfying conclusion to a seemingly never-ending story.

klonere

Banned
Random morning thought: am I very alone wanting to see Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania?

I don't give a crap about what Terry Bollea thinks about anything (though I must say that I was more than happy seeing him burying Hawkers) but the Hulkster is bigger than him. I got interested in wrestling because him and Ultimate Warrior and I'm quite sentimental about these things.

Is it going to happen, right? Mania 33 is in his turf, the pop would be great.

I'm thinking in resubscribing and seeing Mania just for that to be honest. Am I dumb?

eB3TNG0.gif

Triple H is forever in my bad books for the Cactus Jack feud - I was obviously mistaken at the time, thinking Cactus was the babyface. What a fool I was! The babyface was clearly the despised idiot son in law of a champion, who'd been forced to give a title shot under duress to a dishevelled and incredibly dangerous mess of a man, all while the vile and ugly fans bayed for Hunter's blood. However, the valiant Triple H (forced to face Foley's most violent incarnation in not one, but two incredibly bloodthirsty matches) heroically overcame all obstacles and retained his title with relative ease, retiring the despicable Foley in the process and giving the moronic fans just what they deserved for having the audacity to have believed in things and to have sought a satisfying conclusion to a seemingly never-ending story of a

Well yeah. Didn't you see his promo on monday about the evil Seth Rollins???

Acosta

Tell me Becky, not gonna happen or am I not alone? ;)

Sir_Cocodrile said:
He's probably going to be there. Meltz thinks he will based on how wwf have been slowly reintroducing mentions of his name, testing the waters to see if anyone complains or if any sponsors balk over it.

Vince doesn't care about what he did, he only cares about whether he'll get flak over it.

Personally I'm not really interested, though I'll always pop for the theme music. Jimmy Hart was great at those kind of themes.

Yeah, that's what I think.

Random morning thought: am I very alone wanting to see Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania?

I don't give a crap about what Terry Bollea thinks about anything (though I must say that I was more than happy seeing him burying Gawker) but the Hulkster is bigger than him. I got interested in wrestling because him and Ultimate Warrior and I'm quite sentimental about these things.

I'm thinking in resubscribing and seeing Mania just for that to be honest. Am I dumb?

Fuck Hulk Hogan

There's enough racists on TV without needing him back

Aiii

So not worth it
Both Hulk Hogan and Terry Bollea are cunts though. No ethics, going for the woman of their best friend without shame, throwing around the n-word like they're in a Tarantino movie, just complete shits of people.

Mr. America though, he's who you US folks deserve.

I don't give a crap about what Terry Bollea thinks about anything (though I must say that I was more than happy seeing him burying Gawker) but the Hulkster is bigger than him. I got interested in wrestling because him and Ultimate Warrior and I'm quite sentimental about these things.

LOL you got worked by that trial so hard. That is literally the defense he used in the case.

Hogan is Boella, Boella is Hogan. They are the same person

I can't think of a feud that I could care less for than HHH's "Fuck HBK just had an amazing two year Mania run with Taker I want that too damnit"

And of course what we got was the B+ Rendition of HBK/Taker

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-08-05%2Bat%2B11.31.04%2BPM.png

I'll give you one guess what "HH" really means when he signs his tweets that way, brother.

Triple H is forever in my bad books for the Cactus Jack feud - I was obviously mistaken at the time, thinking Cactus was the babyface. What a fool I was! The babyface was clearly the despised idiot son in law of a champion, who'd been forced to give a title shot under duress to a dishevelled and incredibly dangerous mess of a man, all while the vile and ugly fans bayed for Hunter's blood. However, the valiant Triple H (forced to face Foley's most violent incarnation in not one, but two incredibly bloodthirsty matches) heroically overcame all obstacles and retained his title with relative ease, retiring the despicable Foley in the process and giving the moronic fans just what they deserved for having the audacity to have believed in things and to have sought a satisfying conclusion to a seemingly never-ending story.

You mean when Good Guy Foley finally got Trips over as a big heel in the era of mega faces via the art of personal sacrifice since he was heading out the door anyway?

Gunna watch Starrcade 2000 today as a break from Progress. Pray for me as I'm putting a lot of trust into Zach's grades and just skipping the rest of the 00 PPVs that were hot trash.

Acosta

LOL you got worked by that trial so hard. That is literally the defense he used in the case.

Hogan is Boella, Boella is Hogan. They are the same person

We are talking about personal feelings, this is mine and it is not going to change.

Hulk Hogan is a beloved part of my infancy, I will always have sympathy for him even if he is the Worst Person Ever. But that is just me, I'm sure many have all the reason to hate his guts and I wouldn't dare to discuss their feelings. Just sharing mines.

It always surprised me given his massive ego that HHH was HBK's most absolutely loyal friend through thick and thin, and when HBK was at his absolute lowest hunter was still trying to get him booked on shows, even though HBK on any given day is far better then HHH at his best.

We are talking about personal feelings, this is mine and it is not going to change.

Hulk Hogan is a beloved part of my infancy, I will always have sympathy for him even if he is the Worst Person Ever. But that is just me, I'm sure many have all the reason to hate his guts and I wouldn't dare to discuss their feelings. Just sharing mines.

I don't think there is a single person here who grew up during the 80s/90s who didn't LOVE Hogan at some point. The problem is there's a lot of people who can't look past that and realize he's a giant POS. The quicker we can move on from the rose colored glasses the faster we can send the message of "Stop bringing him back".

klonere

Banned
Hogan will be back soon.

Trump winning probably speed it up even more. Shit has got to vindicate Vinces old man racist views.

Hogan standing tall at WM with the red white and blue behind him is a perfect picture of rotten, racist, modern America.

But hey people get the country they deserve I guess.

You mean when Good Guy Foley finally got Trips over as a big heel in the era of mega faces via the art of personal sacrifice since he was heading out the door anyway?

Yes. You put it into the context of Foley bowing out and it was obviously the right thing to do, but after building up the idea of Mick bringing back Cactus as being such a game changer, to have the feud and the two main matches themselves so largely one sided did nothing for me. I'd probably mark that as the point I stopped giving a shit. I guess, indirectly, I could credit Triple H with getting me into indie wrestling :p

I'm confused by the Cody/omega matchup since they're both BC, but I guess it's being spun as Elite vs BC?

It is a weird match up. Cody's entire thing in Japan has been weird though. There was that vignette and a match then nothing. His promo interview thing after the match was not good either.

If Omega is doing stuff with Ibushi this year like people have been saying maybe he is distancing himself from Bullet Club in any case.

The interview with Suzuki on the English NJPW is awesome too. Feel bad for Okada basically saying "oh yeah, well I beat Kenny Omega I bet you couldn't do that" as if he is playing second fiddle or whatever. At least that is how it came across to me.

It is a weird match up. Cody's entire thing in Japan has been weird though. There was that vignette and a match then nothing. His promo interview thing after the match was not good either.

If Omega is doing stuff with Ibushi this year like people have been saying maybe he is distancing himself from Bullet Club in any case.

The interview with Suzuki on the English NJPW is awesome too. Feel bad for Okada basically saying "oh yeah, well I beat Kenny Omega I bet you couldn't do that" as if he is playing second fiddle or whatever. At least that is how it came across to me.

Hey, if Suzuki goes over tomorrow then it doesn't matter.

I'm ok with the Elite moving on from BC. They don't need that branding anymore.

klonere

Banned
If they use the Kenny turns face heat on Cody R I'm going to vote NJPW worst promotion of the year for the next 5 years.

Top Bottom