• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Pikma

Banned
C3ryL6EUYAA4zP5.jpg
Oh shit he found Neville's secret stash

Hasney

Hot wwe.com poll:

Which of these Superstars would you consider to be the WWE equivalent to Tom Brady (Multiple titles, one of the greatest ever, polarizing among fans, etc.)?

John Cena
Roman Reigns
Triple H
Other

Just watched the Cory Graves NXT tribute on this week's show. Very nice stuff, I love what Cory does on commentary and I'm sad I never saw him wrestle more.

Hot wwe.com poll:

Which of these Superstars would you consider to be the WWE equivalent to Tom Brady (Multiple titles, one of the greatest ever, polarizing among fans, etc.)?

John Cena
Roman Reigns
Triple H
Other

"Other" for sure.

None of those are "one of the greatest ever".

Sephzilla

Hot wwe.com poll:

John Cena
Roman Reigns
Triple H
Other

Well, the real answer is Ric Flair because both he and Brady weren't afraid to cheat to win

Polarizing? Especially now? Terry Bolea.

Depends on your definition of "one of the greatest ever" I guess. His promos were great and he drew incredibly well, but he was an average wrestler, though his expressions were really good.

I dunno, I guess guys like Steiner & HBK were pretty polarising at times, but not long-term.

miserable

SHOOT

On fans:
I don't care if they enjoyed themselves or not. I’m not in the business of putting smiles on faces. I’m in the business of getting what I want. I only care about what my opponent’s thinking. Some loser in the crowd? I don't really give a damn.

On Okada:
--Okada also stated that he'd always hated you whenever the two of you crossed paths. Do you have anything to say about that?

‘Anything to say?” I don't give a crap what he or anybody else feels about me.

--’I have no respect for him’...

I. Don't. Give. A. Crap. Respect me or not, it doesn't matter. Results matter. Ability matters. The rest is all talk.

On Naito:
He thinks he looks cool taking something important and treating it like trash. That's fine. I'm not going to poke holes in it. It's just a punk kid vainly trying to look badass. ‘oh maybe if I throw it this way I'll look like a cool bad guy’.

suzuki3jqrvy.gif

Sephzilla

It won't be in most cases as the framerate is locked. Those that drop in places will be the biggest benefit.

A lot of people hoping for a locked 30 on Until Dawn, but the framerate is totally unlocked, so hopefully just go higher.

Dynamic resolution games should also keep their res higher.

Yeah I'm not expecting 60 FPS Bloodborne, but a more stable 30 or something like 30-40 FPS would be nice

Also I need to go back to Until Dawn, thanks for the reminder

Yeah I'm not expecting 60 FPS Bloodborne, but a more stable 30 or something like 30-40 FPS would be nice

Also I need to go back to Until Dawn, thanks for the reminder

That is the thing that sucks about mainly gaming on PC. It sounds elitist or whatever, but I found Bloodborne unplayable and basically stopped playing it when I got to Cainhurst. It felt like there was a delay when dodging/dashing and the judder from framepacing was just too much.

There are so many arguments about these things, but I think everyone just gets used to whatever they mainly play games on. I mainly play games at 100+fps with Gsync, so I am super used to how responsive that is. If someone is playing games on a TV and is used to 30fps and the input delay from a TV, you unconsciously adjust to it (which is good). It is just super bad going from what you are used to, to something else.

It isn't necessarily one thing is better than the other, everyone just gets used to whatever they do most of the time. I think people miss that when there are so many shitfights about something that is so subjective.

It always surprised me given his massive ego that HHH was HBK's most absolutely loyal friend through thick and thin, and when HBK was at his absolute lowest hunter was still trying to get him booked on shows, even though HBK on any given day is far better then HHH at his best.
Hmmmm about that, so there was a time where Shawn was at his peak bad and he was trying to come back but Hunter was telling him that he doesn't need to come back. Supposedly he did this because he was afraid that with Shawn coming back, he'd get his spot back thus undercutting his big push.

Of course it was for the best that Shawn didn't come back but it's amazing that someone was more worried about their spot than anything else.

Foggy

It's definitely subjective, but I usually just shake my head and leave it alone. Playing through countless jankfests on the N64 and PS1 prepared me for technical shortcomings in games. If everything else is fine, I'm copacetic.

Hmmmm about that, so there was a time where Shawn was at his peak bad and he was trying to come back but Hunter was telling him that he doesn't need to come back. Supposedly he did this because he was afraid that with Shawn coming back, he'd get his spot back thus undercutting his big push.

Of course it was for the best that Shawn didn't come back but it's amazing that someone was more worried about their spot than anything else.

Didn't hear that one. Didn't hunter try and bring him back for the Austin/Rock match where austin was going to turn heel, but HBK was so out of it he was crying that Jericho was now Doink?

Recall

So this is on that big 4 disc Tokyo Dome collection Blu Ray set:

AJW Doumu Super Woman Great War ~ Big Egg Wrestling Universe (11/20/1994)

1. Bomber Hikari & Chaparita Asari vs. Hiromi Sugo & Hiromi Yagi
2. 2-on-1 Handicap Match: Great Little Muta & Buta Genjin vs. Tomezo Tsunokake
3. AJW Junior Title: Candy Okutsu (c) vs. Rie Tamada
4. KAORU vs. Minami Suzuka
5. Kickboxing Match: Kumiko Maekawa vs. Sugar Miyuki
6. Amateur Wrestling Challenge Match: Doris Blind vs. Kyoko Hamaguchi
7. Amateur Wrestling Challenge Match: Anna Gomez vs. Miyu Yamamoto
8. Wrestling Vs. Shoot Boxing Match: Fumiko Ishimoto vs. Kaoru Ito
9. Chigusa Nagayo vs. Reggie Bennett
10. Mikiko Futagami & Shinobu Kandori vs. Tomoko Watanabe & Toshiyo Yamada
11. UWA Women’s Tag Team Title: Las Cachorras Orientales (c) vs. Michiko Nagashima & Yasha Kurenai
12. Bison Kimura & Jaguar Yokota vs. Lioness Asuka & Yumi Ogura
13. Blizzard Yuki vs. Mariko Yoshida
14. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Combat Toyoda vs. Yumiko Hotta
15. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Akira Hokuto vs. Eagle Sawai
16. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota
17. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Dynamite Kansai vs. Kyoko Inoue
18. Hikari Fukuoka & Megumi Kudo vs. Cutie Suzuki & Takako Inoue
19. Six Man Tag Team Match: Great Sasuke, SATO & Shiryu vs. Gran Naniwa, Jinsei Shinzaki & Super Delfin
20. VTOP Woman Tournament Semi Final 1
21. VTOP Woman Tournament Semi Final 2
22. WWF World Women’s Title: Alundra Blayze (c) vs. Bull Nakano
23. VTOP Woman Tournament Final

The show is about 10 hours fucking long! I'm convinced I've seen part of this show before the tournament part alludes me so if I get the time I think I'll give it a watch.

Didn't hear that one. Didn't hunter try and bring him back for the Austin/Rock match where austin was going to turn heel, but HBK was so out of it he was crying that Jericho was now Doink?
Didn't hear about this but I always heard that Hunter knew that the main event for 17 should be rock v Austin. I did hear that the proposed plan for 17 was something between hunter and shawn but of course that fell to pieces.

Jamie OD

So this is on that big 4 disc Tokyo Dome collection Blu Ray set:

AJW Doumu Super Woman Great War ~ Big Egg Wrestling Universe (11/20/1994)

1. Bomber Hikari & Chaparita Asari vs. Hiromi Sugo & Hiromi Yagi
2. 2-on-1 Handicap Match: Great Little Muta & Buta Genjin vs. Tomezo Tsunokake
3. AJW Junior Title: Candy Okutsu (c) vs. Rie Tamada
4. KAORU vs. Minami Suzuka
5. Kickboxing Match: Kumiko Maekawa vs. Sugar Miyuki
6. Amateur Wrestling Challenge Match: Doris Blind vs. Kyoko Hamaguchi
7. Amateur Wrestling Challenge Match: Anna Gomez vs. Miyu Yamamoto
8. Wrestling Vs. Shoot Boxing Match: Fumiko Ishimoto vs. Kaoru Ito
9. Chigusa Nagayo vs. Reggie Bennett
10. Mikiko Futagami & Shinobu Kandori vs. Tomoko Watanabe & Toshiyo Yamada
11. UWA Women’s Tag Team Title: Las Cachorras Orientales (c) vs. Michiko Nagashima & Yasha Kurenai
12. Bison Kimura & Jaguar Yokota vs. Lioness Asuka & Yumi Ogura
13. Blizzard Yuki vs. Mariko Yoshida
14. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Combat Toyoda vs. Yumiko Hotta
15. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Akira Hokuto vs. Eagle Sawai
16. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Aja Kong vs. Manami Toyota
17. VTOP Woman Tournament First Round: Dynamite Kansai vs. Kyoko Inoue
18. Hikari Fukuoka & Megumi Kudo vs. Cutie Suzuki & Takako Inoue
19. Six Man Tag Team Match: Great Sasuke, SATO & Shiryu vs. Gran Naniwa, Jinsei Shinzaki & Super Delfin
20. VTOP Woman Tournament Semi Final 1
21. VTOP Woman Tournament Semi Final 2
22. WWF World Women’s Title: Alundra Blayze (c) vs. Bull Nakano
23. VTOP Woman Tournament Final

The show is about 10 hours fucking long! I'm convinced I've seen part of this show before the tournament part alludes me so if I get the time I think I'll give it a watch.

I think Meltzer said it was one of the greatest wrestling shows ever.

Menome

regarding hunter:

"it's kind of a shame, he should've had a great match... somewhere, with somebody... and you think he would've had it by now"

lmao

paging imbask

Well...at least Hunter had something approaching an actual career with some matches worth watching after Survivor Series 1997.

jmdajr

Hmmm.

You know Randy winning the Rumble is probably partly from him getting the piss beaten out of him by Brock.

Just thought of that today.

Lesnar was asked what the most romantic thing he ever did for his wife (Rena Mero, f.k.a. Sable). Lesnar told a story about taking Rena on a tropical vacation after their son turned one year old. Lesnar told Rena to leave her wedding band at home so that it didn't get stolen. The people that were watching his kids took his wedding band and said that his son had swallowed it. They found an X-Ray online of a child with a ring inside their stomach. When Lesnar returned home, he wanted to buy Rena a new wedding band but she decided to search for the wedding ring inside the child's poop. She tried searching for the ring, to no avail. Lesnar bought her a new ring and gave it to her a couple of days later on their five-year wedding anniversary when they renewed their wedding vows.

Zach

I've seen, like, seven other guys say that in this thread, jmdajr. Maybe you should read every post like you're supposed to. #FedUp

Hmmm.

You know Randy winning the Rumble is probably partly from him getting the piss beaten out of him by Brock.

Just thought of that today.

The new FlammableD.

Always two days late.

On a serious note, I really don't give two shits how or why because fuck Randy Orton.

cordy

Banned
SETH ROLLINS UPDATE, THE MATCH THAT HAS BEEN PITCHED AS A POTENTIAL REPLACEMENT FOR HHH VS. ROLLINS (POTENTIAL SPOILER)
By Mike Johnson on 2017-02-03 10:16:00

WWE announced on their website that Seth Rollins has been pulled from this weekend's live events as he is not medically cleared to wrestle after injuring his knee again this past Monday. Rollins was in Birmingham, Alabama getting the knee examined.

WWE promised a medical update on Rollins for this Monday's Raw, so they are saving that news for TV.

Should Rollins not be able to work Wrestlemania 33, there will obviously be a change in plans. One pitch that has made the rounds over the last 24 hours is for Triple H to wrestle Shane McMahon at the show. We will see if that ends up being the direction if Rollins' injury requires an extended period of absence from WWE storylines.

Styles and Ambrose still assed out.

Honestly, I say since Ambrose/Styles are doing nothing for WM, give them a final match for the IC title. Have them go 20 minutes with no cheating, no interruptions, no bullshit and they'd probably have the best match on the card.

Top Bottom