• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

So placed another order with Rudo Reels. I was super impressed with what I got from them with my first order. Since NJPW world offers nothing in the way of complete junior content from 1994/95/96 I've picked up some Blu Rays to fill that void.

Oh and the complete G1 Climax from 1992, my favourite one that is basically built around WCW vs NJPW.

Are these legit? They look kinda dodgy

Recall

Are these legit? They look kinda dodgy

Legit as in you give them your money, and you get your items? Then sure.

But they are usually rips from commercial tapes or from NJPW world, or master tapes, or HD rebroadcasts etc etc.

The NOAH collection I got last time is perfect. 30 hours of top end stuff on Blu Ray discs.

I have the Tokyo Dome collection and it's insane with the amount of different versions of each show, that being able to watch done of the lesser to find shows in great quality is totally worth it.

Legit as in you give them your money, and you get your items? Then sure.

But they are usually rips from commercial tapes or from NJPW world, or master tapes, or HD rebroadcasts etc etc.

The NOAH collection I got last time is perfect. 30 hours of top end stuff on Blu Ray discs.
This is what I meant, seems a bit... copyright infringementy

Recall

This is what I meant, seems a bit... copyright infringementy

I guess it is.

I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing tape trading wasn't something you took part in? It's just a continuation of that for me, as yes there are google drives out there full of stuff, and daily motion and YouTube but complete disc versions of shows are what I'm after.

I have my NJPW World subscription but their archive is trash so I'm spending more money on this wrestling addiction as all have.

Who's even left to commentate for ROH? All three people they had in 2016 are gone now (Kelly, Corino, Nigel)

That company is getting worse by the week

Hasney

Hardys still haven't signed new TNA deals and the contract is up in this month.

tumblr_ok2859PoQy1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

I'll assume he was pointing at a Wrestlemania sign.

klonere

Banned
> you do a company reboot and don't center it entirely around the Hardy's

TNA

IN

although there have been some good matches coming out of TNA, it stil feels like the same lethargic, zero stakes, nothing matters promotion it always has for me

Pikma

Banned
I still think Vince would allow them to do some, maybe most, of the crazy shit they do nowadays, they probably move as much merch as the New Day and they do whatever the fuck they want most of the time.

Hasney

> you do a company reboot and don't center it entirely around the Hardy's

TNA

IN

although there have been some good matches coming out of TNA, it stil feels like the same lethargic, zero stakes, nothing matters promotion it always has for me

Yup. I've barely watched any since the full episode of deletion, but the gifs are still fantastic. Especially of when Matt Hardy stopped being broken and became regular.

tumblr_ogu3a3aAED1s05wxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_ogu3a3aAED1s05wxzo2_400.gif

tumblr_ogu3a3aAED1s05wxzo3_400.gif

tumblr_oh7kd5LMgU1s05wxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_oh7kd5LMgU1s05wxzo2_1280.png

I guess it is.

I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing tape trading wasn't something you took part in? It's just a continuation of that for me, as yes there are google drives out there full of stuff, and daily motion and YouTube but complete disc versions of shows are what I'm after.

I have my NJPW World subscription but their archive is trash so I'm spending more money on this wrestling addiction as all have.
I only got back into wrestling a couple of years ago so no. I guess it's just the fact that they're profiting from it that's suspect

Pikma

Banned
lmao he even shits on Arn Anderson both as a wrestler and as an agent

but he's right about the WWE agents, even to this day.

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the Cruiserweight guys to be instructed by a couple of mediocre retired wrestlers on just how many rest holds they'll have to do in their matches, as if these guys ever knew anything about putting on a remotely decent good show

Even if you showed Bret the Triple H/D.Brine match, he'd just move the goalposts and say "oh, well that's one match where's the others?"

Owen may have been a nugget, but Bret is the whole damn turd.

Hasney

I have no strong feelings one way or another regarding the quality of Triple H's matches. That being said, #FuckTripleH for threatening to fire Ryback.

You're right. He should have followed through.

Nah, I liked that Kalisto match at the end of his WWE run. About the only time I liked him though.

regarding hunter:

"it's kind of a shame, he should've had a great match... somewhere, with somebody... and you think he would've had it by now"

lmao

paging imbask

I mean, hhh is a solid B+ guy, but he did have at lease one standout match with Foley at the 2000 rumble.

I think he had a really good last man standing match with Jericho too, but I don't remember when. Think it was 2000 as well.

Hasney

I mean, hhh is a solid B+ guy, but he did have at lease one standout match with Foley at the 2000 rumble.

I think he had a really good last man standing match with Jericho too, but I don't remember when. Think it was 2000 as well.

Yeah, Fully Loaded. Triple Main Event, Triple Main Event, TRIPLE MAIN EVENT.

No idea why that promo video is ingrained in my brain.

Yeah, Fully Loaded. Triple Main Event, Triple Main Event, TRIPLE MAIN EVENT.

No idea why that promo video is ingrained in my brain.

Man, I just checked:

Undertaker vs Kurt Angle
Triple H vs Chris Jericho
The Rock vs Chris Benoit

Vince would kill to be able to put on a card with three real main even level calibre matches today, but he only has himself to blame for that. Apparently the taker/angle match was a turd, though I don't remember it.

I do remember Rock/Benoit, that had the "You will SUBMIT to the crippler crossface" promo which I still remember 17 years on, and shane with benoit. Really good match.

He was the best guy in WWE in 2000, great match after great match, sure he was in the ring with people like Foley, Rock, Jericho, Angle and Benoit but he raised his game and then some. Doubt Bret was watching back that (not that you can blame him), you take that killer year out of the equation and generally I agree with Bret's thoughts, he still did have a few great matches but way, way less than his contemporaries.

HHH consistently puts on very good matches, probably more very good matches (with anyone not named Scott Steiner) than most. I don't know that he's had many great matches. Or incredibly memorable ones other than the tag match which you know just happened to have Austin, Jericho, Benoit in it and the Foley feud which were basically memorable because of all the Foley bumps .

B+ is the definition for HHH yeah

HHH consistently puts on very good matches, probably more very good matches (with anyone not named Scott Steiner) than most. I don't know that he's had many great matches. Or incredibly memorable ones other than the tag match which you know just happened to have Austin, Jericho, Benoit in it and the Foley feud which were basically memorable because of all the Foley bumps .

B+ is the definition for HHH yeah

His HIAC match with Undertaker at WM28 was pretty great.

Hasney

The only Bret matches I can remember are the ones with Owen, the ones with Austin, the screwjob, that time he spat in special guest ref HBK's face and that time Hogan had to bail his ass out at WM9.

Acosta

Random morning thought: am I very alone wanting to see Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania?

I don't give a crap about what Terry Bollea thinks about anything (though I must say that I was more than happy seeing him burying Gawker) but the Hulkster is bigger than him. I got interested in wrestling because him and Ultimate Warrior and I'm quite sentimental about these things.

Is it going to happen, right? Mania 33 is in his turf, the pop would be great.

I'm thinking in resubscribing and seeing Mania just for that to be honest. Am I dumb?

Hasney

I mean, I want Hogan to be there to cap it off as at least competition for Wrestlemania 9 at being god-awful, but that's about it.

He's probably going to be there. Meltz thinks he will based on how wwf have been slowly reintroducing mentions of his name, testing the waters to see if anyone complains or if any sponsors balk over it.

Vince doesn't care about what he did, he only cares about whether he'll get flak over it.

Personally I'm not really interested, though I'll always pop for the theme music. Jimmy Hart was great at those kind of themes.

Hasney

He's probably going to be there. Meltz thinks he will based on how wwf have been slowly reintroducing mentions of his name, testing the waters to see if anyone complains or if any sponsors balk over it.

Vince doesn't care about what he did, he only cares about whether he'll get flak over it.

Personally I'm not really interested, though I'll always pop for the theme music. Jimmy Hart was great at those kind of themes.

Jimmy Hart didn't write it. It was a pre-existing song they licensed.

Real American" was originally the entrance theme for the U.S. Express, a tag team comprised of Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo, and was first used during the October 1, 1985, television tapings of WWF Championship Wrestling (and aired during the October 12 program). On the album's liner notes, Vince McMahon stated "Real American" was dedicated to Windham and Rotundo.

How different it could have been

Top Bottom