• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Punk is one of the best ever.

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

There's nothing heelish about just laying down some cold truth.

Bret up until 1997 = One of the best.

Bret after 1997 = Might as well have retired.

I demand a 30-Man Reverse Rumble.

Bret Hart's promo about his cat or his promo about El Dandy = better than any HHH promo...

Zach

Christ.

One of the many times I feel shame for being a fan.

Look at that trash. It's your-mom-walking-into-the-room-during-a-video-game-sex-scene bad. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for enjoying Kane, The Undertaker, and the Attitude Era overall.

Sephzilla

Punk and Bryan brought the most mainstream attention to WWE that they've seen since Stone Cold retired. Which probably did wonders for HHH's fragile ego.

Zach

I think CM Punk is the main reason I'm still chrono-watching PPVs. I want to see if his run is as good as some of you say. And I guess Daniel Bryan, too. But mostly CM Punk.

Lothar

Banned
I think CM Punk is the main reason I'm still chrono-watching PPVs. I want to see if his run is as good as some of you say. And I guess Daniel Bryan, too. But mostly CM Punk.

His best work isn't on PPV though. It's all his promos. Straight Edge Society. Against Jeff Hardy. Against HHH and Vince.

Kaladin

Wrestlemania 30 and Money In the Bank 2011 were the stuff dreams are made of.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bret Hart in 1998 is nuts.

He starts off against the NWO. Hogan screwed him in the WWF. He wasn't going to let the same thing happen to a guy he respected like Sting.

Weeks later is doing nothing. They even hired his stablemates from the Hart Foundation and have none of them meet up or do anything. Has a couple of okay but nothing great matches. Is only on about one show every two weeks.

Months later. Has a Hogan shirt. Isn't a member of the NWO but comes out to their music. Worships the ground Hogan walks on. Has a documentary come out that makes him the ultimate screwed over baby face, just acts more and more heel.

Months after that. Decides he is friends with Sting. Turns on Hogan before having another knee surgery. I'm pretty sure before I end this year of Nitro he comes back again as a heel at least once.

1999 is even worse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He's wearing a HULK HOGAN shirt for months and months. But he won't join the NWO. But he comes out to their theme song (which is admittedly a huge improvement to his Jimmy Hart ripoff hitman theme) it's infuriating. Whenever he's pretending to be a face or actually a face he does nothing but insult Hogan.

At least a few things work. His cowardly antics getting the US title are pretty good. Some of his holier than thou promos while getting Vincent and Curt Henning to beat people up are entertaining.

Also I'll never say this about any other wrestler but it was a huge mistake to not put him in the Wolfpac. Talk about someone who had an issue with Hogan, who fans wanted to cheer, who fit in pretty well with the feel, who got along with Macho Man, who didn't really hate Kevin Nash.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WCW had no idea what to do with babyfaces period. They were too focused on their monster heel of Hogan and the nWo to allow them to succeed.

You say this but DDP and Goldberg are two of the most natural faces you'll ever see developed in this period. They also did good work with Booker T.

cordy

Banned
How does Corbin's hair look dry? Ambrose's hair looks like shit whenever it's wet but when it's dry his hair tends to look a lot better so I wonder if it's the same with Corbin.

The Lunatic Fringe needs to go back to slicking it back like he did in the Shield.

20170131_EC_Match_6Man--3dca5a316c81aea680e0a6c3bdc5a6cd.jpg
ZIrlgk3Qiqpqfhh2nU68ufVp4NmrhP4OIM6cvdibrFo.png

It's clear Corbin's hairline is a different level than Ambrose's. You can't compare the two. Secondly as for dude's hair being dry...

The bottom is the best Corbin's ever looked but it still looks shitty. I agree though, dude needs to stop all the wetness and keep his hair dry.

Dude needs to just shave it off though. A bald Corbin would probably look badass.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Punk and Bryan were the best top guys you could've gotten to represent this millennial generation. You could feel with them, connect with them.

Wrestlemania 30 and Money In the Bank 2011 were the stuff dreams are made of.
cry.gif

God, I miss the feeling of watching those live.

Kaladin

Nothing will top Canadian Hero Bret Hart

Canadian Heavyweight Champion Lance Storm would disagree with you.

You say this but DDP and Goldberg are two of the most natural faces you'll ever see developed in this period. They also did good work with Booker T.

They got lucky and struck gold with a once in a lifetime athlete like Goldberg, and DDP didn't go as far as he should have.

Emmalina will all be worth it if she shows up at Smackdown as Emma and cuts a work shoot promo on how she was sick of sitting around on her ass doing nothing.

Bruce just confirmed that when Hogan was against Kurt, he was saying "brother, we've already got their money, ease up!"

Hogan was afraid of that shoot nature with Angle

What was it HBK said when he was mocking hogan?

"Once those people are in the building brother...you've already got their cash in your front pocket....BROTHER".

I remember watching the streak end. I was already in 'fuck this' mode after Cena buried
Wyatt, so when the streak ended I just went inside. Came back and Bryan was on a stretcher lol. Couple seconds where I thought it was legit.

Zach

His best work isn't on PPV though. It's all his promos. Straight Edge Society. Against Jeff Hardy. Against HHH and Vince.
There will be recaps. And if something looked amazing, I'll go back and check out the full thang.

But it sounds like his wrestling isn't great and I'm going to hate him.

Actually, fun fact: I saw him debut maybe (?) when I was at my mom's for the 4th of July one year. It was just on the TV. I think a drunken uncle was watching it. He was talking about being straight edge possibly and I was like "this dude's aaaallll right (even if his name is kinda on the nose)."

"Watching" is a stretch to describe what you're doing, friend.

Depends on what's going down. I don't feel the need to pay attention to Kane vs. Snitsky, Biggest-Geek-Ever.

Oooooh, emphasis.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
CM Punk only has two must watch PPV matches, Money in the Bank 2011 and versus Undertaker at Wrestlemania. The rest of his great WWE matches are hilariously enough all on Raw and Smackdown.

Top Bottom