• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

There will be recaps. And if something looked amazing, I'll go back and check out the full thang.

But it sounds like his wrestling isn't great and I'm going to hate him.

Actually, fun fact: I saw him debut maybe (?) when I was at my mom's for the 4th of July one year. It was just on the TV. I think a drunken uncle was watching it. He was talking about being straight edge possibly and I was like "this dude's aaaallll right (even if his name is kinda on the nose)."

Had great matches with Jericho, Lesnar, Taker, Cena, Bryan and Jeff Hardy.

Make sure you see the steel cage match he had with Hardy on a smackdown in '09 just after summerslam.

Striker

We just gonna pretend Money in the Bank didn't cause WWE to get the most mainstream attention it had gotten in years?.
It didn't have the buys, neither did SummerSlam 2011. SS '11 had the lowest buys of SummerSlam since 1997 (when WWF were nearly out of business).

Poontang Pie was the Yes! chant of it's era.

tumblr_n5c5ydzKIk1rtja03o2_r1_250.gif

I want Kane to make it. I'm the third member of the KaneWO with Soulplaya and Owl...but it's not looking good. It's like that dear family pet that you want to hold on for a few more years but is bumping into walls, pissing blood everywhere, and can barely jump up onto the couch.
I need a gif of either Kane crying after finding out his kid got Snitsky'd or when he staggers out into the cold winter night after hearing the X-Pac and Tori Christmas Story.
Unfortunately neither exists.

Also don't forget sf2fanatic, dude was rocking bald Kane as an avatar for a while, an underrated Kaneanite.

Christ.

One of the many times I feel shame for being a fan.
I'm ashamed that you're ashamed that monsters aren't allowed to enjoy the pleasures of life.
Dude drove Katie Vick to a party in the hopes of getting some pie.

Emmalina will all be worth it if she shows up at Smackdown as Emma and cuts a work shoot promo on how she was sick of sitting around on her ass doing nothing.
The long term booking will pay off dividends.

Nekofrog

Banned
Guys, I'm posting from 2021, I found a glitch in the way back machine that let's me post on the Internet and have it time travel backwards and I just want to let you know, emmalina is still coming soon in 2021.

Zach

Sephzillo, PM me the World WrassleGAF Entertainment entrants so I can make a Power Rankings post. Thank you in advance.

Guys, I'm posting from 2021, I found a glitch in the way back machine that let's me post on the Internet and have it time travel backwards and I just want to let you know, emmalina is still coming soon in 2021.
I'm from 2022 and WWE has been dead for 4 years

Menome

I remember watching the streak end. I was already in 'fuck this' mode after Cena buried
Wyatt, so when the streak ended I just went inside. Came back and Bryan was on a stretcher lol. Couple seconds where I thought it was legit.

Why do you watch TV in the garden?

Kaladin

The three way at the Rumble was the highlight of Lesnar's run for me. That Oh shit moment when Lesnar came back after the announce table bump.

Recall

Triple H vs Stone Cold - 3 stages of hell was incredible but I'm guessing no one here actually saw that live?

It's said it doesn't hold up but at the time, holy shit.

Austin / HHH vs Benoit / Jericho match on RAW was godly too.

Ya'll overly negative.

Kaladin

Triple H vs Stone Cold - 3 stages of hell was incredible but I'm guessing no one here actually saw that live?

Ya'll overly negative.

****** / Jericho or Astericho was one of Jericho's best tag teams in WWE.

Ya'll overly negative.

Depends what you mean by live? Wasn't at the arena, but I saw it as it aired. Fantastic match.

Hasney

It didn't have the buys, neither did SummerSlam 2011. SS '11 had the lowest buys of SummerSlam since 1997 (when WWF were nearly out of business).

MITB 2011 was up on MITB 2010 and 2012 subsequently dropped.

Of course Summerslam 2011 was shit, they had already shit the bed so hard on the Punk angle.

The three way at Royal Rumble was great and so was the mania match that year. I'd actually put the CM Punk match just above the HHH stinkers.
Forgot about that one, okay this was the last great Lesnar match.

Ya'll overly negative.

I saw it live (on tv) and remember it being one of the first times I saw one of those double knockout style finishes where a single draped arm gets a win, plus I never forget the episode of Raw on the lead up with "I NEVER SIGNED UH, THE CONTRACT!" as well as the following obligatory beat down of JR to anger Austin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should really Big 5 Money in the Bank. Either that or do the Smackdown MitB match at mania. I really love the Raw Supershow era ones with two matches.

Zach

Ya'll overly negative.

Didn't you yell at us all like a madman a couple days ago? >_>

Lothar

Banned
There will be recaps. And if something looked amazing, I'll go back and check out the full thang.

But it sounds like his wrestling isn't great and I'm going to hate him."l

Well he was capable of getting the first and only 5 star match in WWE since 1997 by Meltzer. Most of the time, I found it a little hard to take him serious in matches. He's a small guy but didn't wrestle like he thought he was he a small guy. It's hard to buy that he'd be able to hang with guys like Undertaker and Brock and not get immediately destroyed.

I like him best as a cult leader. That was believable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well he was capable of getting the first and only 5 star match in WWE since 1997 by Meltzer. Most of the time, I found it a little hard to take him serious in matches. He's a small guy but didn't wrestle like he thought he was he a small guy. It's hard to buy that he'd be able to hang with guys like Undertaker and Brock and not get immediately destroyed.

I like him best as a cult leader. That was believable.

That comparison sort of makes sense until you remember just how big Big Match John is in comparison to Punk. Those two have a bunch of great matches together.

Punk's match with Rey Mysterio at Armageddon 2008 is underrated, shame their actual feud never got to stack up, can't believe how little time they got at WM26.
I blame Bret.

Hey, I never said that as a negative.

That's the second time that's happened today. I most post like a cranky little bitch.

Nah I don't think so, the only time you've come across cranky to me was when I slammed the Brian Kendrick.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
King of the Mountain is a great idea on paper, but in execution always comes off sloppy. Too many moving parts.

Hasney

Nah I don't think so, the only time you've come across cranky to me was when I slammed the Brian Kendrick.

Godaamit, no one should do that! Although I kinda wish he left the memories alone and never came back.

Nah, the other time was on gaming side. I'll assume they're cranky.

Punk's match with Rey Mysterio at Armageddon 2008 is underrated, shame their actual feud never got to stack up, can't believe how little time they got at WM26.
I blame Bret.

To be fair, no feud with Mysterio can come close to Big Dave's feud where we got to see a friendship die on our very screen.

Top Bottom