• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Reminder: New Beginning in Sapporo airs tonight at 1AM EST/ 10 PST on NJPWWorld.com. Includes Roppongi Vice vs. Taka/Taichi for the Jr. Tag titles, Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson for the NEVER title, Yano/Ishii vs. GBH vs. KES for the Tag titles, and Okada vs. Suzuki for the IWGP title.

Barrage

I believe 2.2 was the amount for Okada's total, multi-year contract. Hopefully the article of the article clarifies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tana and Naito are next week, Omega's still on vacation. Aside from Wrestle Kingdom most shows are intentionally split so World champ main events one and IC champ another

oh fair enough

C32zQ0FW8AIQ3nL.jpg

lol @ the crowd

Reminder: New Beginning in Sapporo airs tonight at 1AM EST/ 10 PST on NJPWWorld.com. Includes Roppongi Vice vs. Taka/Taichi for the Jr. Tag titles, Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson for the NEVER title, Yano/Ishii vs. GBH vs. KES for the Tag titles, and Okada vs. Suzuki for the IWGP title.

Just signed up couple of questions, if you have the answers :)

1) Is english commentary available for the live broadcast?

I believe 2.2 was the amount for Okada's total, multi-year contract. Hopefully the article of the article clarifies.

I honestly think it's possible they're confusing Okada's contract and the amount they've committed on spending to get Okada into the mainstream. I'm not saying Okada is making peanuts, but I highly doubt New Japan is spending 1/16 of their revenue on one guy, even if it is Okada.

Just signed up couple of questions, if you have the answers :)

1) Is english commentary available for the live broadcast?

I think all of the major shows will have English commentary in the first half of this year.

And yep if you click on the English commentary tag it looks like each match has been split too.

I think all of the major shows will have English commentary in the first half of this year.

And yep if you click on the English commentary tag it looks like each match has been split too.

I found the full broadcast :) in english, they do both match by match and full show. It's tricky but I figured it out. Especially easy to just go to schedule archive and click from there for full shows

I just meant is the English done live or dubbed in after?

Sweet!!!!

My local indie fed had to cancel their show due to weather so I'm totally home and able to watch this tonight

Cyrus debuts on colour tonight right?

I found the full broadcast :) in english, they do both match by match and full show. It's tricky but I figured it out. Especially easy to just go to schedule archive and click from there for full shows

I just meant is the English done live or dubbed in after?

Live on NJPW World.

The shows that air on AXS with JR are dubbed later.

Yep, should be very interesting. He's great on his podcast with Lance.

He was killer with Joey Styles on the short run of ECW on TNN back in the day.

Cyrus is the man.

Wish I could see some of the shows with JR on commentary though that'd be cool alas oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do we know if Suzuki is actually like a really cool dude in "real life" as opposed to his character?

dude just looks straight up evil lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bas rutten implied he was a fuckboy that japan tried to prop up and pay people like bas to put him over

course similar was said of inoki as well

Menome

Me know me

It's "m'know may"!

Meme on me

The Rated PG WrassleGAFfer Zach vs M(att)enome.

You'll all regret this at the GWF Rumble.

It's pronounced "Men-oh-mee". Don't forget it.

Who is that? She looks like she means business.

Thunder Kitty, going by the alias of C.J. Lunde on Smackdown a couple of weeks ago.

"I swore on our parents' graves that I would never face you, little brother Menome..."

Our parents aren't dead, Zach. Can you please stop wishing they were just so you can play at being Zachman: The Mark Knight.

no Omega, Naito, Tana in that show?

Naito and Tana are in an undercard 10-man tag, Tanahashi, Taguchi, Nakanishi, Elgin, and Dragon Lee vs. all of LIJ. Their title matches are all next week in Osaka.

Omega and all of Bullet Club are currently on hiatus from NJPW, they typically don't work the Fantasticamania tour and were off the New Beginning tour. They're scheduled to return for the ROH Honor Rising shows at the end of this month.

do we know if Suzuki is actually like a really cool dude in "real life" as opposed to his character?

dude just looks straight up evil lol

He's a huge One Piece fan, he made a cameo appearance in an episode a few years ago.

I think he's generally pretty chill, but not someone you want to cross. With Japanese wrestlers, kayfabe is a much bigger deal and wrestlers very seldomly act out of character.

Top Bottom