• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

ZwTVd53.jpg

Kind of odd that the Honor Rising shows won't have English commentary since they're primarily made up of gaijin. I know they are usually dubbed over later and shown on ROH TV, but it still is weird.

Why did Kurt Angle leave WWE originally?

Angle became addicted to painkillers, WWE wanted to send him to rehab, Angle said no, and WWE released him.

Fox318

Ee0HO5Ml.jpg

I did 3rd in shoot today

luck of the draw that I ran into the 1st place guy. I would have fucking smashed the second place dude

These matches only serve to remind me of how much I despise Gary Michael Capetta.

Zach

Okay, so back to this Mickie James/Trish match. These ladies are not bad at all. The best part of this match, though: Lawler is not doing commentary. He is hideous during women's matches (and bad in general). So glad it's Joey Styles and Coach.

You heard.

Zach

Mickie/Trish was a 3-star classic and that penis David Meltzer gave it 1 1/2 stars! #furious

Oh, Shelton Benjamin's momma, huh? -_-

Who does this Zack jabronie think he is trash-talking Meltz. Also, I think we had a Seth fan in the octagon tonight. Took it too far by destroying his own knee tho

Fox318

I've noticed recently-ish that Daddy Meltz is a sucker for long and bloody matches, even if they're bad.

He values work rate over story but I'd never really seen him go crazy for blood.

He hates chair shots to the head and shit like making big guys do Lucha jumps to the floor.

Fox318

Maybe I just underrate a lot of recent bloody matches. But that doesn't sound like me. Hmph!

When it comes to the use of blading it has to make sense within the story of the match.

If a guys gets busted up legit in an exchange that could be awesome too.

Like Sasha vs Charlotte should have fucking played up the blood and how tough Sasha is.

But juicing for the sake of it is for the most part dumb.

Like I remember Vince cutting his fucking face open to sell one American Badass taker punch.

It was fucking dumb.

Zach

Carlito is my dude. He has he look, the charisma, the hair, the catchphrase, the delightful theme, the apple shirt, decent wrassle ability -- I love it!

Beefy

Carlito is my dude. He has he look, the charisma, the hair, the catchphrase, the delightful theme, the apple shirt, decent wrassle ability -- I love it!

Yeah I still want him to come back. But apparently all the shit he did wasn't really a act.

Okay, so back to this Mickie James/Trish match. These ladies are not bad at all. The best part of this match, though: Lawler is not doing commentary. He is hideous during women's matches (and bad in general). So glad it's Joey Styles and Coach.

You heard.
Mickie vs Trish was the best feud of 2006 and that's a shoot.

My wife got ultimately worked tonight. She was afraid that WrassleGAF was the other women. I explained to her, I just don't like real shoot life. I like worked life, so I spend more time on WrassleGAF than texting you all day when you're at work 😂

Fox318

Yeah, it seems like 2004/2005 was just bloodbath after bloodbath. Just 'cause. Stars or whatever.
It's post attitude era and they still think the carny disgusting shit is the draw.

To this day it's what people think the attitude era.

People forget that it was the Steve Austin show that was the draw.

So I just watched the 5v5 from Survivor Series and I thought it was...okay?

Some cool spots (the spear on Shane and the RKO on Seth) but I'm not seeing how this made so many year end MOTY lists. It's a 3.5 for me, nothing wrong with it really but it could have been a lot better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm not seeing how this made so many year end MOTY lists.

It's less a commentary on the quality of that match and more a commentary on the match quality in general for the year. I mean other then AJ Styles matches, what else did WWE put on all year that was all that great?

It's less a commentary on the quality of that match and more a commentary on the match quality in general for the year. I mean other then AJ Styles matches, what else did WWE put on all year that was all that great?

If NXT and the CWC counts there were several great matches under the WWE umbrella.

Why did Kurt Angle leave WWE originally?

He was run down and addicted to pain killers.

They agreed to grant him a release so he can get clean and heal up. This was also a few short months after Eddie died so I bet that played a part in both him wanting a break and WWE agreeing to it.

Then he showed up in TNA a month later because reasons. Even with the lighter schedule the guy had his most physical matches in TNA and just kinda slowly broke himself more and more the longer he was there.

I do wonder if he could ever pass a WWE health test and be OK'd for a match. Dude has had so many neck issues and lord knows how many concussions.

Zach

Wow. It's weird that I'm in Angle's final WWE year. Didn't realize they lost Eddie, Angle, and Benoit in consecutive years like that. Good thing WWE will still have, uuuhhh, Bobby Lashley...?

Top Bottom