• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Z5HT4Ve.gif

sting.gif

Stall19

That was a bad football game with no psychology. Falcons worked the scoreboard all during the first half but then in the second half, especially the fourth quarter the Pats no sold it. I know Brady is the Ace of the NFL but they don't have to make him superman.

So only thing annoying about House Shows is that titles are defended. In this day and age gone are the days of title changes off TV so all that ends up happening is that you know who is going to win going in LOL.

Show I'm going to tomorrow Main Event is AJ vs Miz vs Ambrose for the IC title... gee wonder how that's going to end lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So only thing annoying about House Shows is that titles are defended. In this day and age gone are the days of title changes off TV so all that ends up happening is that you know who is going to win going in LOL.

Show I'm going to tomorrow Main Event is AJ vs Miz vs Ambrose for the IC title... gee wonder how that's going to end lol

that bump down the card for AJ. Then again the same could be said for Ambrose.

but I dont care about Ambrose so

that bump down the card for AJ. Then again the same could be said for Ambrose.

but I dont care about Ambrose so

Well I mean Cena ain't gonna be here (because he wrestles cause he wants to remember lol, he's a literal part timer now), that's why, it was originally before the Rumble a triple threat for the WWE title (though I think it was AJ vs Ambrose vs Wyatt then)

The only thing that changed was Cena won the title and isn't on this part of the tour so gotta make it for the IC instead.

Kurita

Well, Samoa Joe won the NXT title off TV so you never know!

I'm still disappointed by the result of last night. Suzuki will probably never hold the trifecta now, which really fucking sucks because he deserves it.

AJ vs Suzuki is still better than any of the AJ vs Cena matches too.

I'm still disappointed by the result of last night. Suzuki will probably never hold the trifecta now, which really fucking sucks because he deserves it.

AJ vs Suzuki is still better than any of the AJ vs Cena matches too.

Yeah, I would have preferred Suzuki went over.

Fantastic match though, made up for a generally pretty mediocre card.

As someone who only watches the Super Bowl, that was probably the best one I've seen.

And I'm not just saying that because I won £30.

Shattered now though, only got 3-4 hours sleep.

klonere

Banned
I watched so much damn wrestling over the weekend and all of it was really good. Blessed to see OTT with Riddle live, Haskins!!!!!! first match back, Smile winning the title of the promotion that loves him more than any other.

And then

NJPW New Beginning
Dragon Gate Truth Gate
AJPW 1/15 (finally)
NOAH 1/21 & 1/24
Half of PROGRESS Tropic Thunderbastard.

Love the oul wrasslin stuff.

The XCOM 2 DLC is kinda fucked up. Even if you deactivate Alien Hunters when starting a new game, Viper Kings and shit still show up on like the third encounter.

Shen's last gift is a bit fucked up too. It happens so early in the game, usually before weapon and armor upgrades and throws a
Sectopod
out of nowhere at you.

klonere

Banned
The XCOM 2 DLC is kinda fucked up. Even if you deactivate Alien Hunters when starting a new game, Viper Kings and shit still show up on like the third encounter.

Shen's last gift is a bit fucked up too. It happens so early in the game, usually before weapon and armor upgrades and throws a
Sectopod
out of nowhere at you.

Alien Hunters is duuummmbbbb. Fuck that shit, even when you know what's coming its nothing but frustration and pain. I love XCOM2 but I have my limits when it comes to "THAT'S XCOM!!!" bullshit.

Alien Hunters is duuummmbbbb. Fuck that shit, even when you know what's coming its nothing but frustration and pain. I love XCOM2 but I have my limits when it comes to "THAT'S XCOM!!!" bullshit.

I feel the same way. I intentionally tried to turn it off when starting a new game, I figured when it asked "Do you want this DLC to be active" it meant more than just the unique missions. 4 hours later and yeah, I'm kinda bummed.

I don't mind XCOM/X-COM being on the brutal side, it is in my top 3 franchises ever (along with Ultima and Jagged Alliance). But I mean, only a couple of missions after first encounters with vipers they throw that shit at you, it is ridiculous and unbalanced.

klonere

Banned
So OTT are going to run the National Stadium in Dublin (2000 capacity) which is basically Korauken, purpose built for watching boxing.

Here are the announced names so far.

C3-rvaNW8AABYi6.jpg

So OTT are going to run the National Stadium in Dublin (2000 capacity) which is basically Korauken, purpose built for watching boxing.

Here are the announced names so far.

C3-rvaNW8AABYi6.jpg

Elite are all over in the next few months, doing one night of the Fight Club tag tour as well

As someone who doesn't care about shoot sports or American sports in general, all I get from the last few pages is American shoot sports are just as much carny bullshit as wrestling.

klonere

Banned
Elite are all over in the next few months, doing one night of the Fight Club tag tour as well

Yeah, I bet they are raking in the cash as well, can't be a cheap booking. I hope we get Elite vs Ricochet/Ospreay + 1 (I would say Smile but he's champ now so that might now work).

Yeah, I bet they are raking in the cash as well, can't be a cheap booking. I hope we get Elite vs Ricochet/Ospreay + 1 (I would say Smile but he's champ now so that might now work).

Smile's not a bad shout. Even if he's your champ, it's a smart crowd, it's not going to kill your territory if he loses to The Elite/is on the losing team/doesn't defend the title for one date.

EDIT: Note - still don't "get" Smile, but again his only 2 matches I've seen are a tag w/ Justin Gabriel and vs fuckin' Bodum.

klonere

Banned
Smile's not a bad shout. Even if he's your champ, it's a smart crowd, it's not going to kill your territory if he loses to The Elite/is on the losing team/doesn't defend the title for one date.

EDIT: Note - still don't "get" Smile, but again his only 2 matches I've seen are a tag w/ Justin Gabriel and vs fuckin' Bodum.

Yeah it'd be workable but they'd probably want him in a singles title match. I mean they've called their next two shows "Road to" so I assume they are at least attempting to set up a challenger.

I've heard very mixed things about Smile outside of OTT. He's just a different beast here, I think he really feeds off crowds/reaction in a big way. OTT were giving him a spot when nowhere else really was so it could be that as well.

He also seems to be a bit...off. Like a very ill judged Hornswoggle joke at the expense of an audience member a few shows ago and a weird pseudo shoot promo about him considering retirement this year (???) but staying because he loved OTT so much? And his twitter is non-stop subtweeting and shade

EDIT: Oh and he has Ospreay level issues physically it seems https://twitter.com/ADSRyanSmile/status/828604070319550464

Hasney

Everything is a work unless proven otherwise

Moon landing = work. Great promo by Armstrong to sell it though.
No I don't really believer that, mark

klonere

Banned
Just checked in on the Warriors vs Falcons thread and my god Fox just murdered that thread in one post. What a shooter.

Menome

Everything is a work unless proven otherwise

Moon landing = work. Great promo by Armstrong to sell it though.
No I don't really believe that, mark

His name's Neil, not Mark.

Also, there's a thread in Gaming that I just want to respond to the OP with "Fuck off". However, I fear the banhammer.

Top Bottom