• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

PMwQ17H.gif

So beaut. Much love.

Sephzilla

Sephzilla, buy me a PS VR, you rich bastard.

Oh wait, where is the wrestling league?! God dang iiiit.

I aint spending that much for goddamn VR. At least not until the new Ace Combat

I'm going to make more headway on getting all the CAWs made tonight.

Anth0ny

RE7 with PSVR is the biggest draw in the business today. i'm drawing 16,000 in MSG this week, counting the gate, and drawing another 16,000 in Atlanta next week.

Finished the "base" game of The Witcher 3. Thought the narrative of the main story was a bit "eh", but made up for it with some fun characters and missions.

Excited to jump into the expansions now, heard they are really good.

Menome

A couple of years behind everyone else, but I finally finished Shovel Knight. Damn good game, only marred by two bad stages (Tinker Knight's tower and the most grievous sin in gaming:
Fighting all the bosses all over again)

Partway into Uncharted 4 as well and I'm being reminded what I dislike about those games: The shoot-outs. I'd happily pay for an Uncharted game with no fucking combat in it.

Sephzilla

A couple of years behind everyone else, but I finally finished Shovel Knight. Damn good game, only marred by two bad stages (Tinker Knight's tower and the most grievous sin in gaming:
Fighting all the bosses all over again)

Partway into Uncharted 4 as well and I'm being reminded what I dislike about those games: The shoot-outs. I'd happily pay for an Uncharted game with no fucking combat in it.

You're playing what is basically a Mega Man clone and complaining about it doing one of the trademarks of a Mega Man game?

Menome

I got gud and battered them all. It's just a lazy idea for a challenge near the end of the game, and makes the sense of accomplishment at having beaten them originally feel pointless.

If you're going to throw the same bosses at me again, do something different and inventive with it. Have them pair up and do new sets of duo-fights. Have it work like a multi-man tag match with a shared health bar between them.

Anything but just throwing them at me again all in a row.

I just discovered the greatest hidden gem in all of WWE.

In the newly added GWF Lightning Kid/Jerry Lynn match there's a very special surprise in the front row.

Cheering on the wrestlers is what appears to me a very lonely middle-aged woman with a dog puppet.

Was she a GWF regular? I'm absolutely fascinated and want to know everything!

Pikma

Banned
I got gud and battered them all. It's just a lazy idea for a challenge near the end of the game, and makes the sense of accomplishment at having beaten them originally feel pointless.

If you're going to throw the same bosses at me again, do something different and inventive with it. Have them pair up and do new sets of duo-fights. Have it work like a multi-man tag match with a shared health bar between them.

Anything but just throwing them at me again all in a row.
Stop complaining about a big part of Mega Man's DNA, they're not wrong, you are wrong

If it isn't OLED you're making a big mistake.

This is so petty but I am legit wasting time over this debate ha ha. I have a choice between the $1500 KS8000 (65 inch) vs the $3000 LG B6 OLED (whatever that size is) and dont know what to do. My biggest thing is input lag and concern over whether B6 can keep up with the Ps4 Pro and Scorpio later this year.

Sephzilla

The whole point of the Mega Man boss rush is to show you how badass you are now compared to when you started the game. I'm cool with it

This is so petty but I am legit wasting time over this debate ha ha. I have a choice between the $1500 KS8000 (65 inch) vs the $3000 LG B6 OLED (whatever that size is) and dont know what to do. My biggest thing is input lag and concern over whether B6 can keep up with the Ps4 Pro and Scorpio later this year.

From the research I've done the KS8000/KS9000 Samsung TVs are pretty good in terms of input lag. At 4K w/ HDR you're probably looking at roughly 21ms input lag

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-usage/hdr-gaming/best

LG is the greatest display to date that I have seen. But the 8000, for the price is every very nice. And might be worth the savings.

LG is the greatest display to date that I have seen. But the 8000, for the price is every very nice. And might be worth the savings.

I think what I will do, and am almost 100% certain, is to buy the KS8000 along with Best Buy's 2 year warranty plan, and then trade up for an OLED in two years when the tech and input lag get better.

Sephzilla

Sephzilla

Looks like it got bumped up this morning by $200. I'll be looking to price match the hell out of the thing.

if you find something let me know. That's roughly the same price that Amazon and Wal-Mart have.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that KS8000 myself but that price is at the high end of what i'd consider reasonable for a TV

Top Bottom