• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Kaladin

I only watched the first and last segments of Raw last night. I tuned out when they announced Bayley vs Nia Jax XXX and came back for Joe vs Reigns which I must say, Roman was good last night and Joe is in the best shape of his life and is on fire.

Was anything else worth watching?

klonere

Banned
Tana will be your valentine

C4CBb9pVYAI90Ne.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
So WWE added an NXT taping at Full Sail University Wrestlemania week on Wed 4/5.

So if you're keeping track that's:

Friday : WWE Hall Of Fame
Saturday : NXT Takeover
Sunday : Wrestlemania
Monday : Raw After Mania
Tuesday : Smackdown After Mania
Wednesday : NXT After Takeover

Fuckin' A.
jól+van.gif

Zach

you won it in an unsanctioned dark match. title was revoked and given back to vacant. the record books show nothing

I knew this kind of bulltrash would happen with you in charge.

Gotta admit, though, that heel authority gimmick is fresh.

Sephzilla

I'm tentatively planning on having the first GWF stream next week. Got some stuff to iron out yet, some CAWs still need to be made, and I want to make sure I have everything looking good from a presentation standpoint

Mahonay

Banned
I'm tentatively planning on having the first GWF stream next week. Got some stuff to iron out yet, some CAWs still need to be made, and I want to make sure I have everything looking good from a presentation standpoint
Thanks for the update Commissioner Seph.

Hasney

I would offer to help CAWs, but I can only make grotesque ones

OKGONT8.jpg

Zach

I'm still asking you for an update every day!

P.S. What championships will we have and stuff? When is the preview embargo up?

Sephzilla

I'm still asking you for an update every day!

P.S. What championships will we have and stuff? When is the preview embargo up?

For now it will be just a singles championship. A tag championship is likely going to happen but I'm waiting for the tag scene to more organically develop

Zach

Yeah, I imagine having one singles titles and one tag title will be the way to go. I'd love to have some crumb bum undercard championship that is defended at every event or whatever, but the roster's not big enough.

Sephzilla

Yeah, I imagine having one singles titles and one tag title will be the way to go. I'd love to have some crumb bum undercard championship that is defended at every event or whatever, but the roster's not big enough.

the roster is sitting at roughly 30 so there's potential for an undercard title.

Here I was thinking "boy I miss THE BIG GUY" and wrasslegaf blesses me with his guide to life.

I'd comment on Raw but my mind seems to have blanked the whole thing after it ended with another Reigns match ending in outside interference which I am beyond tired of.

Kaladin

the roster is sitting at roughly 30 so there's potential for an undercard title.

Do it, 30 is big enough that people on the low end will feel like they're left out without one and you have enough roster space to justify it two belts.

Plus, you can use the mid card belt as a way to shoot someone up to the big belt.

Recall

Watched Jushin Liger vs Ultimo Dragon from Fantastic Story in Tokyo Dome 93 with my Son today.

The match itself was quite good though Ultimo slipped off the top rope far too many times looking a bit of a prize fool but what stood out to my Son were the costumes.

To him these were ninja fighting it out and Liger won because he had more "armour" than Dragon. I.e. Liger's costume covered his whole body. To my Son these were awesome looking power rangers battling over who is better. The moves didn't matter, the pace didn't matter it was all enough that Liger won like he wanted. Simple enough.

Sephzilla

Do it, 30 is big enough that people on the low end will feel like they're left out without one and you have enough roster space to justify it two belts.

Plus, you can use the mid card belt as a way to shoot someone up to the big belt.

Probably going to happen. I want the first show to be about the big title though. Tag and undercard belts might get introduced at the second show.

Main Title = GWF World Championship
Tag Title = GWF Tag Team Championship
Undercard title = ______________

I'm open to suggestions for undercard title names. I'm leaning towards Community Forum Championship or Internet Championship

Anyone else noticed how when roman wants to he can sell really well. In that aspect he sold alot on raw for joe n braun they both looked awesome

Zach

I dunno. Seems like it'll water down your product, brother. It'll make the GWF RANDY ANDERSON MEMORIAL SUPER CHAMPIONSHIP seem less important, dude.

But if you one day go through with it, to set it apart, I suggest that it not only be defended at every event like it's a delicious TV title, but it's also only defended in gimmick matches. It'll be the GWF VINCE RUSSO MEMORIAL BABBY CHAMPIONSHIP.

Kaladin

Anyone else noticed how when roman wants to he can sell really well. In that aspect he sold alot on raw for joe n braun they both looked awesome

Joe and Strowman are going to be your most protected wrestlers on the roster right now. Even The Big Dog has to make them look strong.

That being said, I don't know if it's smart to have two monster heels like Joe and Strowman on the roster at the same time. In order for this to work, you have to keep them separate. They came close last night, but neither got in each other's way and it should continue to be that way.

Jesus Christ is Raw bad. Just watched. Joe is KO without Jericho and less skill. What an awful look. What part of that match made Joe look legit or strong? That was horrible, and I'm an avid Samoa Joe hater. But that was bad.

It's like every time someone isn't sure what to do with someone on Raw, someone in creative just screams out, "DA BIG DAWG" and that's what they go with.
Joe is less skillful than KO?

Great, this is the smelliest bs I've heard today so far.

Top Bottom