• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

sora87

RAW has booked heels with belts like shit for ages. But that's because Reigns has to be the big dog.

Mostly all of heel champs in recent memory have been booked exactly the same and it's just boring and stale. Have a heel champ who actually backs it up and is dominant.

Rimfya

Banned
If they truly want to tell the story of Goldberg having Brock's number they should have Owens destroy Berg only for Brock to destroy Owens the next night on Raw.

Jesus Christ is Raw bad. Just watched. Joe is KO without Jericho and less skill. What an awful look. What part of that match made Joe look legit or strong? That was horrible, and I'm an avid Samoa Joe hater. But that was bad.

It's like every time someone isn't sure what to do with someone on Raw, someone in creative just screams out, "DA BIG DAWG" and that's what they go with.

shanafan

Joe was totally fine.

He cut a good promo at the beginning of the show, and put on a decent match to close out Raw.

Sephzilla

Joe's feuding with Roman.... oh my

giphy.gif

shanafan

Joe put the whole locker room on notice. Roman came out to challenge.

In the main event, Braun came out to lay out Roman to build up their Fastlane match. Roman's feud is with Braun.

I don't think Joe is feuding exclusively with Roman.

Mahonay

Banned
Feels great to continue not watching RAW, so I don't have to do mental gymnastics every week to decipher their garbage fire booking.

With that said, I will be checking out that Tozawa match.

Brinbe

Perfect. And it's actually pretty true. Their constant need to involve/elevate Roman at all costs is a real detriment to the product. All roads lead to Reigns and even the only decent things they've managed to book on Raw, like Braun/JeriKO, are only ultimately being setup to fall to the guy. (Which I get is wrestling booking 101, but Reigns isn't nearly liked or talented enough to be that ace of Raw or the WWE)

Always astounds me when you have this huge publicly traded company with a board/actual stock holders and all that and it's being run (creatively) in such an old foolishly carny way where instead of listening to the fans/giving them what they want, it's all subject to the wants/whims of an out of touch 70-year-old man. And that lagging quality can safely be reflected in the falling rating numbers. It's pretty fucking insane when you think of it that way. Vince's desires to get Roman over have probably lost that company money over time.

You'd think that business is suspect as fuck if it operated similarly in another industry.

Mahonay

Banned
Roman at this point is going to be compared to Face Diesel for "faces of the company" that were a serious detriment to the overall product. Except this has been lasting way longer.
I will be at Raw on March 13, facing the hard cam 6 rows up lower bowl. I will mark when Roman's music hits.

Debating on a sign.. maybe.
THE BIG DAWG REIGNS OVER ME

OOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

shanafan

Roman at this point is going to be compared to Face Diesel for "faces of the company" that were a serious detriment to the overall product. Except this has been lasting way longer.

THE BIG DAWG REIGNS OVER ME

OOOOOOOOAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But Diesel held the belt for 358 days. Roman hasn't even come close to that.

I will be at Raw on March 13, facing the hard cam 6 rows up lower bowl. I will mark when Roman's music hits.

Debating on a sign.. maybe.

I'm glad that you're a fan of Roman but the constant need to have him involved in stuff has just killed the product for me. It's nigh on unwatchable.

Foggy

I would encourage everyone in the thread to check out Takehiro Yamamura vs Big R Shimizu and the VerserK vs Naruki Doi, Ben-K, Big R Shimizu, Takehiro Yamamura match from the latest Dragon Gate show (2/2 Truth Gate).Especially the Big R match, legitimate 4 + star match, no foolin.

BUT SERIOUSLY, PUNCH??? PUNCH AHAHAHAH

The Big R/Yamamura match was amazing and then coming out to replace Yoshino and Kotoka amped them up even higher. That was easily the highlight of the night.

Aside from BxB murdering YAMATO

klonere

Banned
The Big R/Yamamura match was amazing and then coming out to replace Yoshino and Kotoka amped them up even higher. That was easily the highlight of the night.

Aside from BxB murdering YAMATO

Yeah they made Yamamura in a night. He's a legitimate performer now, not just yet another of CIMA's kids.

klonere

Banned
....and the sun sets
‏@UhhHello

Last I heard Jun Izumida was sentenced to jail for fraudulent of NOAH's finances and now he's dead after they declared bankrupt.

...well that is very very dark.

STRIGGA ‏@STRIGGA
Jun Izumida (51) was found dead at home in Sagamihara on 1/31 He died from a myocardial infarction that he suffered around 1/25.

korly

Are You Settling for Less than Your Full Potential?

Ryback, also known as "The Big Guy", may seem like he has it all - success as a professional athlete, health, money, and a physique to envy. But in Wake Up, It's Feeding Time he reveals that he hasn't always been so successful; he had to earn it.

The key to his success - and yours too, if you heed his advice - is to "believe in yourself, even when nobody else does", set smart goals and work toward achieving them.

In this inspirational book, Ryback hands out gem after gem of useful life lessons, and shows you how you too can take charge and live the life of your dreams.

A Surprising and Unique Self Improvement Book

If you thought WWE wrestlers were all brawn and no brains, you'll be amazed as you turn each page of Wake Up, It's Feeding Time. Ryback shares with you an incredible number of practical things you can do to improve your life.

From nutrition and fitness tips, to financial advice and how to stay focused, he covers it all. He gives you some of his favorite motivational quotes that inspire him to do his best, work hard, and overcome his challenges. He even shares valuable insights for how to forgive, how to love, and how to be your best in every way.

There's something for everybody in this book. Teens to grandmas will find motivation and inspiration in the words Ryback shares.
About the Author
Ryback Reeves is best known for his wrestling persona, The Big Guy Ryback. Traveling the world screaming his war cry of Feed Me More, he captivated millions across the globe, allowing him to become one of wrestling’s most recognizable characters. Although he is thankful for his time wrestling (he still performs most weekends), he wanted to have a bigger opportunity to help people outside the ring. Since leaving his full-time TV job behind, he has successfully launched his podcast Conversation with The Big Guy, FeedMeMore.com, his personal website for everything Ryback, and his natural supplement line Feed Me More Nutrition. Ryback spent countless hours traveling over the years and listening to book after book in search for more in life.

Mahonay

Banned
Are You Settling for Less than Your Full Potential?

Ryback, also known as "The Big Guy", may seem like he has it all - success as a professional athlete, health, money, and a physique to envy. But in Wake Up, It's Feeding Time he reveals that he hasn't always been so successful; he had to earn it.

The key to his success - and yours too, if you heed his advice - is to "believe in yourself, even when nobody else does", set smart goals and work toward achieving them.

In this inspirational book, Ryback hands out gem after gem of useful life lessons, and shows you how you too can take charge and live the life of your dreams.

A Surprising and Unique Self Improvement Book

If you thought WWE wrestlers were all brawn and no brains, you'll be amazed as you turn each page of Wake Up, It's Feeding Time. Ryback shares with you an incredible number of practical things you can do to improve your life.

From nutrition and fitness tips, to financial advice and how to stay focused, he covers it all. He gives you some of his favorite motivational quotes that inspire him to do his best, work hard, and overcome his challenges. He even shares valuable insights for how to forgive, how to love, and how to be your best in every way.

There's something for everybody in this book. Teens to grandmas will find motivation and inspiration in the words Ryback shares.
About the Author
Ryback Reeves is best known for his wrestling persona, The Big Guy Ryback. Traveling the world screaming his war cry of Feed Me More, he captivated millions across the globe, allowing him to become one of wrestling’s most recognizable characters. Although he is thankful for his time wrestling (he still performs most weekends), he wanted to have a bigger opportunity to help people outside the ring. Since leaving his full-time TV job behind, he has successfully launched his podcast Conversation with The Big Guy, FeedMeMore.com, his personal website for everything Ryback, and his natural supplement line Feed Me More Nutrition. Ryback spent countless hours traveling over the years and listening to book after book in search for more in life.
rws.gif

korly

Man, just listened to Meltz's podcast, XFL was even crazier then I thought.

Bit about vince telling the commentator to ogle the cheerleaders was super creepy and such a vince mcmahon thing. And then Dick Ebersol's in the guy's other ear shouting DO NOT CALL ATTENTION TO THE PERVY CAMERA SHOTS.

incredible.

Is that a subscriber thing or can I download that?

Kaladin

One thing I love about 2k17, they get custom entrances right. They have a bigger name database for the announcer to use both in your wrestler's name and in custom title names. I can have my full first and last name this year as my career CAW.

My career in 2k17 may be repetitive, grindy and long as fuck, but it has kept me entertained.

Sephzilla

Man, just listened to Meltz's podcast, XFL was even crazier then I thought.

Bit about vince telling the commentator to ogle the cheerleaders was super creepy and such a vince mcmahon thing. And then Dick Ebersol's in the guy's other ear shouting DO NOT CALL ATTENTION TO THE PERVY CAMERA SHOTS.

incredible

The ESPN 30 for 30 mentioned that too. Matt Vasgersian said he had Ebersol in one year and Vince in the other

Kaladin

So WWE added an NXT taping at Full Sail University Wrestlemania week on Wed 4/5.

So if you're keeping track that's:

Friday : WWE Hall Of Fame
Saturday : NXT Takeover
Sunday : Wrestlemania
Monday : Raw After Mania
Tuesday : Smackdown After Mania
Wednesday : NXT After Takeover

Fuckin' A.

Top Bottom