• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

creatchee

I can't wait until after Elimination Chamber. All of the Smackdown Wrestlemania matches are set, and AJ is in the ring all like "what's going to happen with me at The Show of Shows?" The crowd starts buzzing with excitement. Somewhere in the back, a barely discernible chant starts - four syllables followed by the ubiquitous clap clap clapclapclap. Relatively muted at first, the chant begins to become louder and louder with each stanza. AJ can make it out now and his mouth widens to a grin. Now the entire arena is chanting in a fervent unison - the name and the claps crashing through the air and slamming off of every surface like the hammer of the gods forging a mythical weapon for a hero of legend:

"NAKAMURA! (CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP) NAKAMURA! (CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP) NAKAMURA! (CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP)"

The drone is as powerful as it is undeniable. People are chanting as loud as their mouths and lungs will allow. The very foundations of the building are rumbling and threatening to collapse from the force of inevitability. The future had already been written a year ago in faraway Japan, foretold by two modern day warriors clashing for the ages in a momentous contest of skill and glory.

Somewhere behind the curtain, an old king sighs. Sweat drops ribbon his forehead and cheeks like pinhole waterfalls. His ears, which have been accused of having lost the ability to receive the wants and needs of his people, cannot ignore the message in the earthquake. His eyes, once closed against all that might fly in the face of his vision for his realm are wide open. His lip quivers slightly at first, but then violently, like the dam on the brink of breakage from an unstoppable current. But then it stops, and its edges curl up into the cruelest of smiles.

A darkness pervades the already muted Gorilla position - black on black that swallows everything except the mouth of the king. Still smiling, it whispers:

"This is for Batista."

And then The Drifter's guitar strums a chord that slices the hopeful air and the hearts of the thousands in attendance like wire through butter.

Heroman

Banned
I can't wait until after Elimination Chamber. All of the Smackdown Wrestlemania matches are set, and AJ is in the ring all like "what's going to happen with me at The Show of Shows?" The crowd starts buzzing with excitement. Somewhere in the back, a barely discernible chant starts - four syllables followed by the ubiquitous clap clap clapclapclap. Relatively muted at first, the chant begins to become louder and louder with each stanza. AJ can make it out now and his mouth widens to a grin. Now the entire arena is chanting in a fervent unison - the name and the claps crashing through the air and slamming off of every surface like the hammer of the gods forging a mythical weapon for a hero of legend:

"NAKAMURA! (CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP) NAKAMURA! (CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP) NAKAMURA! (CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP)"

The drone is as powerful as it is undeniable. People are chanting as loud as their mouths and lungs will allow. The very foundations of the building are rumbling and threatening to collapse from the force of inevitability. The future had already been written a year ago in faraway Japan, foretold by two modern day warriors clashing for the ages in a momentous contest of skill and glory.

Somewhere behind the curtain, an old king sighs. Sweat drops ribbon his forehead and cheeks like pinhole waterfalls. His ears, which have been accused of having lost the ability to receive the wants and needs of his people, cannot ignore the message in the earthquake. His eyes, once closed against all that might fly in the face of his vision for his realm are wide open. His lip quivers slightly at first, but then violently, like the dam on the brink of breakage from an unstoppable current. But then it stops, and its edges curl up into the cruelest of smiles.

A darkness pervades the already muted Gorilla position - black on black that swallows everything except the mouth of the king. Still smiling, it whispers:

"This is for Batista."

And then The Drifter's guitar strums a chord that slices the hopeful air and the hearts of the thousands in attendance like wire through butter.
1d75c91abc3a1086fbc2bc5f010f59d9a6b15710_hq.gif

korly

Now that I'm living in a post-cable household I'm going to watch the Hulu version of Raw if I watch it at all.

Tuned in this morning. No Tozawa. But they KEPT IN ALL OF THE "EARLIER TONIGHT" RECAPS!

An edited 90 minute version of Raw would actually be awesome if done right, but cutting entire matches and segments out of it is not the right way!

Mahonay

Banned
Now that I'm living in a post-cable household I'm going to watch the Hulu version of Raw if I watch it at all.

Tuned in this morning. No Tozawa. But they KEPT IN ALL OF THE "EARLIER TONIGHT" RECAPS!

An edited 90 minute version of Raw would actually be awesome if done right, but cutting entire matches and segments out of it is not the right way!
Check your PM.

korly

"This is for Batista."

Push this man.

imBask

Banned
it's fine, i'm sure Vince will compensate by sending No Way Jose to smackdown, and maybe even a slightly used Itami

I'll have to think about whether the dark match counts. Does Progress have a history of not airing a match it holds?

I don't think it's ever happened outside of entire events being lost footage. Joe vs Rampage was initially announced as a live crowd only match, but TNA let them put it out in the end.

Sephzilla

Roode goes to Raw = Cole: "Roman Reigns is the truly glorious one after defeating Bobby Roode!"

Roode goes to SD = Cena: "You call yourself glorious walkin around like a discount Ric Flair?"

I'm willing to place an avatar bet if you are.

My position: at least one of the four (Dunne, Bates, Seven, Mark Andrews) gets yanked by the WWE from the WrestleMania Progress show.

Sure, as long as we are talking about the Progress show and not the Progress v Evolve show, which I would expect Dunne/Bate/Seven to be pulled from.

Mahonay

Banned
Roode goes to Raw = Cole: "Roman Reigns is the truly glorious one after defeating Bobby Roode!"

Roode goes to SD = Cena: "You call yourself glorious walkin around like a discount Ric Flair?"
At least on SD Roode would get a solid pin or two on Cena.

Recall

So I just read that Triple H vs Seth will be indeed taking place at the Mains 33. Seth will be ready for his big match regardless of knee issues and hopefully over come the odds and gets his revenge.

Sephzilla

Gosh, I wish you would stop being so negative, Recall ;)

Kidding. I love you. I take it you don't enjoy his matches?

Don't know what to make of him. I watched his match against Nakamura. Seemed consistent. Sold decently. Didn't botch. Seems to have it altogether. One of the older fellas on the roster too

I think Roode is an all around solid worker. He generally puts on decent matches and can overachieve a bit and put on great matches when paired with the right opponent. He has a good entrance and look. Seems to have his character down.

GunBR

Asuka pretty much has to go to Raw because the Raw women's roster is barren AF
Asuka will be great at first but after 3 months of Asuka vs Charlotte every week everyone will be tired of her just like Sasha now

At the same time Smackdown will make people care about a feud between Tamina and Carmella

Top Bottom