• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

DMczaf

Time to get this thread back on track

tumblr_ni3d6ktqzl1tx8dnyo6_250.gif

tumblr_nh009pZjJk1tihmddo2_400.gif

tumblr_nfnivl6tjo1rkf4k0o1_1280.png

Team TMF Forever

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, but seriously...

Life Is Strange is fucking DOPE.
CRILpArl.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bonus scoop that isn't a scoop:

Darkest Dungeon has at least 6 more months to go to be great, maybe even a year. The balance is all sorts of fucked and unfun, but the art is dope as shit. It needs some serious work. Don't play it yet.

Well, shit. I wish I'd read that a few hours ago, bought it on Steam. Ah well, I guess I'll chuck it in a category with all the other early access games I bought that aren't ready. Really got to stop buying those.

MK sucks, fuck combo mashers. 3s or nothing.

Xater

Darkest Dungeon has at least 6 more months to go to be great, maybe even a year. The balance is all sorts of fucked and unfun, but the art is dope as shit. It needs some serious work. Don't play it yet.

I bought it yesterday though...

Life is Strange I do want to play but I'll wait until the whole thing is out. Waiting for episodes sucks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard a bit about it, what games are closest to it in terms of gameplay and genre?

Heavy Rain and Walking Dead. It's an adventure game, but what's interesting is you don't have to make any decisions in the heat of the moment - you can reverse any decision AFTER seeing the immediate outcome. However, it all depends on how far-reaching consequences are, and they are VERY far reaching, so you kind of figure out how you want shit to be and then proceed. I love the characters and how they get along and what you learn about them. Super hyped for the other episodes. Highly recommended.

XenoRaven

I feel like 3S is one of those things that people hate on because of how many people like it.

That said, Capcom vs. SNK 2 is better. :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like 3S is one of those things that people hate on because of how many people like it.

That said, Capcom vs. SNK 2 is better. :D

Well, better roster.

CvS1 had an amazing soundtrack that wasn't present in CvS2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know any CvS1 tracks but CvS2 had a great soundtrack too. And not just True Love Makin'.

That's honestly the only stage track I liked from CvS2 except maybe Akuma's rooftop stage. Oh, wait, the sumo festival one was good too, wasn't it...

CvS2 had such a great roster.

1368455215_tumblr_ml07lgn3bo1qlmdtco1_400.gif

Catherine is hot garbage

H1UHT0e.gif

Went to the Observer site and had a good laugh because of this:

bildschirmfoto2015-02j3li1.png

Assassin's Creed, huh?

UexpZDJ.png

I got my copy on Friday because I was a backer and the game is the real deal. It takes a few restarts before you get the hang of it, but I'm sitting pretty at week 51 with a stacked roster that I've built from the ground up. Like you said, the game is unbalanced as fuck. But there are a few ways where you can just fuck the game right back.

Those boss fights are ridiculous. It took me like 3 teams of built up units to finally take down the Hag in one of the least fun boss fights ever. I'm enjoying it, but that's because I'm a masochist and I enjoy hard games like this. I can't wait till it gets it's full release and all the balancing in the world.

It's the top seller on Steam and that's just fucking bonkers. Really happy for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got my copy on Friday because I was a backer and the game is the real deal. It takes a few restarts before you get the hang of it, but I'm sitting pretty at week 51 with a stacked roster that I've built from the ground up. Like you said, the game is unbalanced as fuck. But there are a few ways where you can just fuck the game right back.

Those boss fights are ridiculous. It took me like 3 teams of built up units to finally take down the Hag in one of the least fun boss fights ever. I'm enjoying it, but that's because I'm a masochist and enjoy hard games like this. I can't wait till it gets it's full release and all the balancing in the world.

The balance is the biggest issue for me and why I'm gonna wait to play it again. The fact that you need (some would argue NEED) to exploit the system is a good sign to me that it's not right, not yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CE? What? better than HF? ST?

bootaaay plz

you and sunny can share terrible video game opinions together

At least we all agree Virtua Fighter 5 FS is the pinnacle of 3d fighters. Because it is.

Top Bottom