• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;150569801 said:
ehhh I loved P4 but even that was a game that I wished would end by the time I got to the ending.

I'm sure atlas doesn't have the budget of say, square, but I hated that there was no real spectacle or anything to see in any of the dungeons outside of cutscenes. Essentially the opposite of the FnP eye candy that P4 arena is. So I'm not jazzed about P5 just yet.

Catherine is their masterwork, imo~~~

The dungeons are hands down the weakest part of the game, next to their boring monster fusion shit. The gameplay is functional but not much else. Its strengths are a strong visual novel (only worth playing once) and its music.

the amount of recycled assets they use is astounding.

I've never played Persona.

You'll be alright without it.

RP912

Banned
Do you own the DLC? Some of it is REALLY really good. I found NV's writing and characters you interact with as the best part. Really imaginative, clever stuff - and I really REALLY appreciated that all of your skills were viable in some way - you can get some serious advantages by being a super nerd, or a charismatic piece of shit, or even a really agile and perceptive person.

Goddammnnnnnnnn I love New Vegas

Yea I bought the goty edition when it was on sale. I just need to get in a RPG mood like I did with Skyrm which I lost my shit in. I became an Orc fucking with that game.

Cagey

Banned
The latter. I don't know this "Cagey" of which you speak.

You do now.

tumblr_nj7r4pzib71qe9mtoo5_400.gif

jmdajr

Catherine is hot garbage

Played the demo. I was not very good. At all.

I am thinking of actually buying a game next week since the wife and the kid will be away for a bit. Can't think of the last time I bought one.

EVOLVE. Loved left 4 dead..so maybe I will like this.

I need to finish Catherine off. Really enjoyed it.

Fallout 3/New Vegas can go fuck themselves though, I want to like them but it's just not fun.

Dying Light's currently scratching my open-world RPG itch, once you get powered up, a few of the upgrades and the grappling hook the free running stuff is just so much fun. Not sure any game has given me such a great feeling just from traversing the environment.

I'm really craving a more open-ended experience, though. I wish some developer would have the balls to make an intricate open world that you have to exist and survive in, but where the story emerges from the environment and your interactions with it, rather than via a traditional video game narrative structure. Practically every open-world game I play I end up thinking "this'd be so awesome if it was more of a sim" and that goes for Dying Light and games like Red Dead as well. Don't do a disservice to the detailed and rich world you create by then forcing players to slog along through your idea of an exciting story.

Off on a tangent slightly, but that's a big part of why Morrowind's my favourite open-world game ever. You're dumped in the middle of nowhere with no map, no money and few instructions and even if you do try and follow the story, you're explicitly told to just go off and do your own thing, for as long as you like. Skyrim & Oblivion sucked.

Lastly, to end this rambling post about nothing in particular, unpopular opinion time; Fallout 3 > New Vegas. Sure, the writing was shittier, but I far more enjoyed the world.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Vince is going to destroy Kalisto's career by giving him that new gimmick?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Vegas actually has a world. The Capital Wasteland doesn't exist as a world because nothing about it resembles a living or formerly living place.

it is tax return season. I want to pick up some new vidya...New Vegas PC version work wellish with some researched patches I take it?

I do still need to finally pick up Horizon 2 and KI season 2, can only bust heads as fulgore for so long

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It simply failed to grab me in the way that Fallout 3 did, a lot of that's probably to do with the tone of New Vegas and how easy the game was in comparison to 3.

Man, what? New Vegas wasn't as difficult as the game with the Lincoln Repeater in it?

Also to quote Plywood
>Not playing in Hardcore mode

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Metsfan should attach a pre-fix 'May or may not' to all his posts. Then he'll be a respected wrestling journalist.

Marvel

could never
Dat feel when you sell your item on eBay and you get a message from the buyer saying "hiya mate will pay tomorrow night when I get my wages"
qF4BslA.gif

I wanted to buy a PS4 immediately. Day ruined.

jmdajr

Dat feel when you sell your item on eBay and you get a message from the buyer saying "hiya mate will pay tomorrow night when I get my wages"
qF4BslA.gif

Just go to the store! How much were you gonna save?

Marvel

could never
Just go to the store! How much were you gonna save?

Eh, it's tricky I already have some money put by in my paypal account, this payment is also going through to it.

Couple nice PS4 bundles on eBay I can choose from stores here are a rip off sadly.

¡HarlequinPanic!;150574955 said:
waiting for paypal funds to clear feels bad, man.

Yeah man. I wanna curb stomp this kid.

Man, what? New Vegas wasn't as difficult as the game with the Lincoln Repeater in it?

Who says you have to use the Lincoln Repeater? I actually missed it on my first play-through, but I'm more of a one handed/melee sort of guy anyways. I generally found 3 to be more intimidating in the early going. Shit felt dangerous, it felt like a wasteland. In New Vegas it was no time at all before I was feeling too powerful for much of anything to cause me trouble.

Metsfan should attach a pre-fix 'May or may not' to all his posts. Then he'll be a respected wrestling journalist.

"Respected" wrestling journalists (if such a thing exists) probably don't throw their toys out of the pram and threaten to leave whenever people call them out on their shit, only to come right on back the following week looking for their next fix of attention.

qF4BslA.gif

Wait, aren't you supposed to get paid the second it gets sold? Is it different for auction, I usually just use buy it now.

Marvel

could never
Wait, aren't you supposed to get paid the second it gets sold? Is it different for auction, I usually just use buy it now.

I have no idea, friend. I've never sold anything on eBay before haha. It was a buy it now sale.

I'll check my paypal account direct on the site to see if the money has gone in, says it's "Awaiting Payment" on eBay though.

*Frantically looks for paypal pw

Browny

Banned
I don't get what Metsfan has even broken to get all of this attention, all I've seen is a badge.

He predicted (leaked) the results of about 2 years' of PPVs (up until just after last summer, IIRC). Think he got one result wrong towards the tail end of that run.

But yeah, now someone must be treating him like a dick. That Kallisto story has to be a joke.

Edit: no, I'm talking shite, that was Dolphins or someone similar. No idea who Mets is, but he's being taken for a ride IMO.

Double edit: Wesker was too quick!!!

He predicted (leaked) the results of about 2 years' of PPVs (up until just after last summer, IIRC). Think he got one result wrong towards the tail end of that run.

But yeah, now someone must be treating him like a dick. That Kallisto story has to be a joke.

Different guy. That was Dolphins1925 or whatever.

MetsFan... he uhhhh said AJ was pregnant 6 months ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dok trying to play a heel on color.
UC1IAAP.gif

He's not as bad as I thought he would be, but his voice is just so unpleasant.

Top Bottom