• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, looking at all his merch... I can't see any self respecting adult/teenager to wear this stuff.

I think I've even seen Cena himself remark that wearing that merch and wrestling in jorts is just a thing he has to do.

All the Arn Anderson love in here is awesome! Was my favorite member of the Horsemen and I loved his tv title reign. Plus he resembled my Dad so how coukd I not cheer the guy?

Aiii

So not worth it
Heavy Rain and Walking Dead. It's an adventure game, but what's interesting is you don't have to make any decisions in the heat of the moment - you can reverse any decision AFTER seeing the immediate outcome. However, it all depends on how far-reaching consequences are, and they are VERY far reaching, so you kind of figure out how you want shit to be and then proceed. I love the characters and how they get along and what you learn about them. Super hyped for the other episodes. Highly recommended.

Thanks for making me spend money, you dick :(

seriously though, I would have totally ignored this game otherwise, thanks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All the Arn Anderson love in here is awesome! Was my favorite member of the Horsemen and I loved his tv title reign. Plus he resembled my Dad so how coukd I not cheer the guy?

Mine too! Are we brothers?! MAYBE!

He's such a beast though. Arn Anderson is truly THE ENFORCER.

Reminds me - how do you all feel about "Retiring" certain titles for people, much like teams would a jersey? Titles as in that was what they called themselves - like retiring "The Enforcer" so nobody can use it? It's already frowned upon, but I think it would be dope to have a "gallery" of sorts with peoples' titles and being THE definitive one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FCGuvGI.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arn Anderson has the best spinebuster in wrestling, and I say this loving Batista.

AA spinebuster is God tier of all spinebusters. Ron Simmons spinebuster I would say is in the top 3 though. My favorite part of Flair's book was the stuff about Vader and how Vader would tell him to hit him like a man or he would kill him. WCW Vader was a unstoppable monster and my fav Big Man run of all time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WCW Vader vs Sting feud is one of my favorites. Just awesome on every level. You bought the babyface's motivations and that he had a SMALL chance. You bought Vader as an unstoppable monster. Nothing they did outside of the matches or even inside the matches made you question the matchup at any time. Perfect feud.

AA's spinebuster was unbelievably smooth but had that SNAP to it once he turned the corner. Fucking amazing.

imBask

Banned
I swear I'm like the only dude that cringes when Trips does a spine buster. It just feels off.

idk, I always liked his spine busters... his knees are also pretty good

then again i'm the only HHH mark here because none of you guys understand what's best for business

AA's spinebuster was unbelievably smooth but had that SNAP to it once he turned the corner. Fucking amazing.

This is what sets it apart from all the imitators,that snap made it seem like he was trying to kill a man. Plus you add to his incredible in ring work those badass promos and that guy is a Damn near perfect pro wrestler.

Sting/Vader and Cactus Jack/Vader were both incredible feuds in dub ya cee dub ya.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hansen vs Kobashi 93 starts with a DDT on the outside.

I fucking hate King's Road wrestling style sometime. Jesus, no pacing whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know it also sounds weird but AA's body shape also helped the spinebuster look. You could have a huge dude like GARY STRYDOM pull off the same spinebuster and it wouldn't look right. AA was somewhat round and somehow that shit enhanced it.

Hah! No Kennedy and Carlito. I am surprised not many people want Kaitlyn to come back based on the amount of photos this board posts of her.
K2 doubles for both Kelly Kelly and Ken Kennedy, too!

As for Kaitlyn, it'd probably mean less ass biz updates so they'd just prefer that

RP912

Banned
WCW always had dope feuds. I'm talking about feuds that stick to your bones. When you saw Vader and Catcus Jack beating the shit out of each other...it felt real. When Dusty was getting beat down by the Horsemen...it made you want to drive to Charlotte and drop kick Flair in the mouth.

I miss that in wrestling and I seriously don't remember a feud in a while that had the same storytelling and animosity Close contender was Cena/Edge.

Zach

Arn may be the greatest of all time. I said it!

Seriously, such a great wrassler and suuuch an amazing -- and dare I say "underrated"?! -- talker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WCW always had dope feuds. I'm talking about feuds that stick to your bones. When you saw Vader and Catcus Jack beating the shit out of each other...it felt real. When Dusty was getting beat down by the Horsemen...it made you want to drive to Charolette and drop kick Flair in the mouth.

I miss that in wrestling and I seriously don't remember a feud in a while that had the same storytelling and animosity Close contender was Cena/Edge.

What about WWE's booking vs Daniel Bryan of last year?

No teeth at all. Ridiculous.

But yes. Anger and frustration was such a big part of how you're supposed to feel at different points in those feuds. I can't say they don't exist anymore, because I feel a lot of that is rose-tinted glasses and being young, but there's definitely some great feuds recently that can evoke the same feeling.

Just don't ask me what they are.

RP912

Banned
What about WWE's booking vs Daniel Bryan of last year?

No teeth at all. Ridiculous.

But yes. Anger and frustration was such a big part of how you're supposed to feel at different points in those feuds. I can't say they don't exist anymore, because I feel a lot of that is rose-tinted glasses and being young, but there's definitely some great feuds recently that can evoke the same feeling.

Just don't ask me what they are.

Bryne feud was good for an underdog story but as far as feuds are concern...I got nothing. Bryne/Kane could have been more than just a waste of time if the WWE allow some emotion into that rivalry. That's what I'm saying. The feuds over the years are ok to good but lacking soul. The only feud that had a buildup, emotion, and a storyline was Shield/Wyatts. It felt surreal all the way to the damn PPV. The staredown, the slow buildup in the match, and the chaos afterwards...it was like holy shit this promotion finally got it.

I'm going to be fair and even say the Survivor Series match had some emotion in it despite the random stipulations. Based Trips was the fucking star throughout the entire match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Survivor Series 2014 main event was a MOTY contender for sure, and it's been a long time since an SS match even meant anything. GREAT goddamn match.

The only feud that had a buildup, emotion, and a storyline was Shield/Wyatts. It felt surreal all the way to the damn PPV. The staredown, the slow buildup in the match, and the chaos afterwards...it was like holy shit this promotion finally got it.

What? There was none of that at all. It was literally "here's two super over factions with 3 people each - fight" and it lasted for one PPV.

Verendus

Banned
Bryne feud was good for an underdog story but as far as feuds are concern...I got nothing. Bryne/Kane could have been more than just a waste of time if the WWE allow some emotion into that rivalry. That's what I'm saying. The feuds over the years are ok to good but lacking soul. The only feud that had a buildup, emotion, and a storyline was Shield/Wyatts. It felt surreal all the way to the damn PPV. The staredown, the slow buildup in the match, and the chaos afterwards...it was like holy shit this promotion finally got it.

I'm going to be fair and even say the Survivor Series match had some emotion in it despite the random stipulations. Based Trips was the fucking star throughout the entire match.
Pretty much made Wrestlemania 30, then sold the hell out of a great elimination match, the first in seven years or something. Putting in all the work.

King of Kings, The Game, The Cerebral Assassin, McMahon Son-in-Law, Heir Apparent, Jimmy hit me with that Triple H.

RP912

Banned
I just wish that it was Orton instead of Sting that help Ziggles win the match. I just imagining a dude running in the ring with a mask on and giving out RKO's like candy. He takes off the mask and the arena goes apeshit. Orton stares down Trips and then proceeds to give him a RKO. Ziggler wins and we have Orton/Rollins at WM31.

RP912

Banned
What? There was none of that at all. It was literally "here's two super over factions with 3 people each - fight" and it lasted for one PPV.

they kept teasing it throughout the months leading into the ppv. It was good for to get the crowd hype for that potential match. They also had matches after the ppv. It wasn't as long as Evolution/Shield but it still was effective.

Top Bottom