• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

More things I'm currently liking:

1985/1986 - Surprise pinfalls, countouts, DQs, Submisssions. There are so many matches that finishing without a wrestler using their trademark setups and finishers. Instead random pinfalls happen, or wrestlers will simply walk away or a manager will 'save' their client. It keeps you guessing.

RP912

Banned
Reigns is bland as all hell. My wife used to lick her lips at him when he came out...but nowadays it's like 4/10.

Dude not on blue dot's level of strapping looks
Christian-WWE-Return.png

Controversy time: In their respective primes, Hart was sexier than Michaels.

Probably because I find it difficult to be attracted to insufferable pricks.
Michaels actually got more handsome as he got older, IMO.

OK, read the whole thing now. That's actually a good choice for No.1. Surprised.

You people forget that they need to cut at the point of impact in case Rowan's head exploded. This isn't HBO folks (no offence to Stro, RIP)

Will Pruett of ProWrestling.net saying it best on Twitter today when he says "What adversity has Roman faced?"

Babyfaces get over when they face a big challenge, fight very hard, even come close to failing, get knocked down, but get back up and beat that challenge overcoming odds. Roman's never had that. He's been so much their choice (so they don't like having him get beatdown) that they forgot to book him in a way that gets him over.

I understand he's not an underdog babyface like Daniel Bryan or Sami Zayn. But without reason to believe Roman is in any trouble, who could care whether or not he wins his matches?

I mean, things might be different when he's facing Lesnar because he's the only strong heel they have. Who's after that, though? Rollins? Did that already. Nobody takes Kane or Show seriously. Rusev is not beating Cena on the other side of Mania. Uphill battle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, could we talk about the Bellas on commentary Monday and how right they were, that they hear a lot about people (Paige specifically referenced, which is interesting) about how many women claim to be Anti-Divas now, yet they all wear the same amount or more makeup, and are just as "bad" as the thing that they hate - and that the Bellas are outcasts because they are true Divas, and not trying to follow the herd pretending they aren't Divas yet being, in their own way, everything they hate about it?

I agree with the Bellas.

Sunny, cure, I just downloaded ep 1 of life is strange. Let's see what the hubbub is about.

I think you'll enjoy it.

DMczaf

Will Pruett of ProWrestling.net saying it best on Twitter today when he says "What adversity has Roman faced?"

Babyfaces get over when they face a big challenge, fight very hard, even come close to failing, get knocked down, but get back up and beat that challenge overcoming odds. Roman's never had that. He's been so much their choice (so they don't like having him get beatdown) that they forgot to book him in a way that gets him over.

I understand he's not an underdog babyface like Daniel Bryan or Sami Zayn. But without reason to believe Roman is in any trouble, who could care whether or not he wins his matches?

I mean, things might be different when he's facing Lesnar because he's the only strong heel they have. Who's after that, though? Rollins? Did that already. Nobody takes Kane or Show seriously. Rusev is not beating Cena on the other side of Mania. Uphill battle.

He's had to face Big Show one on one multiple times!!! Life is skressful for the Roman Empire, breh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So is Life is Strange actually good? Didn't get an answer last time.

I really enjoyed the 3ish? hours I spent on the first episode. And I missed a LOT of stuff, take it at your own pace.

Ithil

Friends, could we talk about the Bellas on commentary Monday and how right they were, that they hear a lot about people (Paige specifically referenced, which is interesting) about how many women claim to be Anti-Divas now, yet they all wear the same amount or more makeup, and are just as "bad" as the thing that they hate - and that the Bellas are outcasts because they are true Divas, and not trying to follow the herd pretending they aren't Divas yet being, in their own way, everything they hate about it?

I agree with the Bellas.

I think you'll enjoy it.
Paige hasn't gone by the "anti-Diva" moniker in like two and a half years.

witness

Well thanks to the free month of the network, I have been watching the monday night wars series......I ordered 4 N64 Aki wrestling games today.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Paige hasn't gone by the "anti-Diva" moniker in like two and a half years.

I know, you always get weird about that - which is why I found it interesting the Bellas were directly naming Paige saying she is that.

Pizoxuat

Seeing the heels take on the concept of girl-hate was certainly interesting, especially since the Bellas do it a lot on WWE tv. They had great points about how shitting on women who like traditionally girly things is bad and more than a little hypocritical. But it won't go anywhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing the heels take on the concept of girl-hate was certainly interesting, especially since the Bellas do it a lot on WWE tv. They had great points about how shitting on women who like traditionally girly things is bad and more than a little hypocritical. But it won't go anywhere.

Which is a shame. I understand it's a little high concept for a lot of wrestling fans, but it's definitely an interesting angle for them to take and define what _is_ a Diva? And how that relates to femininity. We'll never experience it though.

Ithil

I know, you always get weird about that - which is why I found it interesting the Bellas were directly naming Paige saying she is that.

It annoys me because people are always like "She should be doing this or that, cos she's anti-Diva". Like recommending nu metal songs for Deadman Undertaker as though he's still Biker Taker.

Hasney

It annoys me because people are always like "She should be doing this or that, cos she's anti-Diva". Like recommending nu metal songs for Deadman Undertaker as though he's still Biker Taker.

I think Taker should come out to a dubstep remix of his classic theme if he has a match at Mania. Evolve with the times.

Top Bottom