• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

He'll try his best to make Reigns look good.

But only get himself more over in the process.

tumblr_mrf0wnYg0C1qhi74ko8_250.gif

That's how he built his entire career ffs

fRLiMOq.gif

Bryan's job right now is to do the job and make Roman READY.

UberTag

Reigns will win, one way or another. I'm just hoping that Rollins cashes in afterward at Mania.
This is pretty much the best case scenario as Reigns clearly isn't ready and they're not prepared to go back to Bryan.

Really the only variable that should be giving anyone pause right now is the fact that they have yet to bring Orton back to give Rollins a program.
That should have happened by now and they're dragging their feet on it for some reason.

Kaladin

Heh, I just thought of something.

Triple H basically explained why guys like the American Wolves were one and done in NXT. They didn't want to adapt to the WWE style, and I can see that in Richards and Edwards especially.

Also that story he told about Devitt (Balor) tells me that Balor will go places.

Could possibly also explain why Sami Callihan (Solomon Crowe) is taking so long to get to TV.

Verendus

Banned
I think it's time for WWE to do a big redemption storyline with Daniel Bryan, starting with his loss to Roman Reigns at Fast Lane. Break him down, destroy him, make him lose confidence by coming up short at the last minute several times over the coming months with different opponents, then have him come back after a short hiatus near the end of the year with a more aggressive face character which leads to him winning the Royal Rumble (similar to what he was in the lead up to the Cena match).

Reigns vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania 32.

I'm sure Sting vs. Undertaker, and the inevitable return of Brotista, Rock, as well as the inclusions of Triple H, and the rest of the roster, wold be enough to support that main event.

I'd just really like a slow build storyline. I'd watch if it felt like there was a long-term plan, because the payoff would be worth it. Bryan really works well in the sympathy role. What better place to start than at Fast Lane, so we can bring it back full circle next year.

I think it's time for WWE to do a big redemption storyline with Daniel Bryan, starting with his loss to Roman Reigns at Fast Lane. Break him down, destroy him, make him lose confidence by coming up short at the last minute several times over the coming months with different opponents, then have him come back after a short hiatus near the end of the year with a more aggressive face character which leads to him winning the Royal Rumble (similar to what he was in the lead up to the Cena match).

Reigns vs. Bryan at Wrestlemania 32.

I'm sure Sting vs. Undertaker, and the inevitable return of Brotista, Rock, as well as the inclusions of Triple H, and the rest of the roster, would be enough to support that main event.

I'd just really like a slow build storyline. I'd watch if it felt like there was a long-term plan, because the payoff would be worth it. Bryan really works well in the sympathy role. What better place to start than at Fast Lane, so we can bring it back full circle next year.

The Mania's in Texas and is the most packed stadium they've ever done. No chance in hell are they gonna give that to Reigns and Bryan. Factor in Austin's possible return (wishful thinking) and Taker's last match, and it's just something I can't see happening at all. No matter how much it makes sense and how good of a story it can be.

Verendus

Banned
The Mania's in Texas and is the most packed stadium they've ever done. No chance in hell are they gonna give that to Reigns and Bryan. Factor in Austin's possible return (wishful thinking) and Taker's last match, and it's just something I can't see happening at all. No matter how much it makes sense and how good of a story it can be.
They should really. It's more of a symbolic thing to close for them, and it would be the right time since they'll likely have a strong undercard to support them. Unless Austin is coming back, I don't see why anyone from the old generation should main event.

I can see the logic of that. The audience apathy made the weak Orton/HHH match a really pathetic affair. But unless things change drastically in the next year, I don't think that would happen to Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Sunny I just finished Life is Weird ep 1 on your recommendation. I liked it and will be sticking with it. Surprised you enjoyed it however. It was basically "squeenix presents: FILTHY MILLENNIAL simulator 2015"

I was a little disgusted to see teenagers with blue hair and tattoos. I don't know who these asshole children think they are. The real world doesn't work like that.

Kaladin

- It was reported last night via Reddit’s MetsFan4Ever that WWE NXT officials recently tested out Kalisto with a gay hair stylist gimmick and that it may be his new character going forward.

A WWE source reached out today and said that the report is not true and there will be no character change with Kalisto.

Kalisto was trending worldwide on Twitter around midnight after the report came out and fan reaction was not positive.

Dirt sheetz gonna dirt sheet.

Striker

I wouldn't be surprised to see HHH Vs. The Rock at WM32

With their long history it can make for a great match.
If they do it just shows how desperate they are for past stars to make them money instead of using their own talents now. The Rock-Cena made sense (second one did not, but that was obvious from the get go) but none of this Triple H-Taker, Lesnar-Triple H, Lesnar-Taker stuff makes sense other than a quick cash grab. Let Rock do his movies and not be used to poach more popularity on guys like Cener and Reigns. Let Taker retire gracefully now that his Streak is history. Triple H needs to stop sticking his big nose into the spotlight and just stick to behind the scenes or Network related stuff.

XenoRaven

Given that it's tumblr, I'm going to say those quotes aren't real.
I don't know if the quotes are real, but the sentiment is definitely there. He only wanted to make MGS1 and 2 and then pass the series on to his team. That's partly why one of the major themes of MGS2 is finding things to pass on to the future. This ultimately failed and he had to step in for MGS3 and 4 even though he didn't want to make them. Part of the reason why MGS4 is such a mess is he wanted to wrap up all the storyline threads and basically get the whole thing over with. He was depressed making MGS4 and I wouldn't be surprised if he hates it. He also felt people didn't fully understand MGS2, which disappointed him.

He's expressed a lot of excitement over MGSV, so I really hope it's a return to form. Plus he's finally getting to branch out and make the new Silent Hill game.

They should really. It's more of a symbolic thing to close for them, and it would be the right time since they'll likely have a strong undercard to support them. Unless Austin is coming back, I don't see why anyone from the old generation should main event.

I really hope so too, but they're record of being dependent of part-timers for money matches just doesn't sit well with me but I hope I'm wrong. If Bryan/Reigns tear the fucking house down with Reigns going over cleanly is a venture where everyone wins. I know the chant makes certain people cringe but if a "This is awesome" chant happens, that's when you know Roman is ready. That and if he doesn't get booed to oblivion obviously. It's a tough and touchy task for those guys but I hope the best for the both of them.

On the other hand, The Rock sucks.

Focus group, publicist ridden Rock is the worst. Commentators laughing at his shitty crackhead jokes are the worst. The Rock sucked hard.

But let's never deny the man's contributions and talent to the industry.

rrc1594

If they do it just shows how desperate they are for past stars to make them money instead of using their own talents now. The Rock-Cena made sense (second one did not, but that was obvious from the get go) but none of this Triple H-Taker, Lesnar-Triple H, Lesnar-Taker stuff makes sense other than a quick cash grab. Let Rock do his movies and not be used to poach more popularity on guys like Cener and Reigns. Let Taker retire gracefully now that his Streak is history. Triple H needs to stop sticking his big nose into the spotlight and just stick to behind the scenes or Network related stuff.

True. But screw you I would love to see Austin in the ring again. I like the Taker-HHH matches

Verendus

Banned
I can see the logic of that. The audience apathy made the weak Orton/HHH match a really pathetic affair. But unless things change drastically in the next year, I don't think that would happen to Bryan.
This is why I think they need to do it. It took them five years to finally do Batista vs. Cena last time, and that was with Batista on his way out as a heel. They didn't face each other as faces except once at Summerlam. They could have Reigns lose the title to Rollins at Wrestlemania, take it back at Summerslam, and then dominate into Wrestlemania. At the same time, they can do the Bryan angle, and have a big face vs. face match. Bryan will stay over, especially with this kind of angle. Reigns is the one who needs to be booked more carefully, but that's why I'd have Rollins screw him over to gain sympathy and have him take the title back in the Summer.

You pretty much have two guys who can be your top two, so put them in there with the spotlight. This is, of course, as long as they show some chemistry at Fast Lane. The Triple H vs. Orton match is a bit different. Cena and Batista were the top stars then, and even though Orton was really over back then, he was a jobber to the stars for years. Reigns and Bryan should pretty much be your top two, with Cena filling in the Triple H kind of role moving forward.

It feels like a good time for two new stars getting that spot, since they'll have a really strong undercard.

rrc1594

None of this matters because Dolph Ziggler is winning the RR next year. You can Bookmark this post, so you can bow at my feet year.

We should all be honest right now, though. If WWE is serious about selling 100k tickets next year, they're pushing for Rock vs. Austin "ONE MORE TIME IN A LIFETIME" with all they've got.

Heroman

Banned
Cm punk vs Bryan main event

Seeing the heels take on the concept of girl-hate was certainly interesting, especially since the Bellas do it a lot on WWE tv. They had great points about how shitting on women who like traditionally girly things is bad and more than a little hypocritical. But it won't go anywhere.

Which is a shame. I understand it's a little high concept for a lot of wrestling fans, but it's definitely an interesting angle for them to take and define what _is_ a Diva? And how that relates to femininity. We'll never experience it though.
This story will be told-

In the ring, at Fast Lane.

Top Bottom