• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

DMczaf

I hope Taker is doing DDP Yoga as we speak.

Austin sure as hell isn't. Too busy drinking his fancy beers.

10963839_328155717387807_1703435638_n.jpg

Since he's been in NXT, Finn Balor's been spending his time driving around with Dusty, knocking back pints with Sheamus, and playing dress-up. Compare that to the all-business Hideo Itami who only takes breaks from training and studying to refuel on good old fashioned American pancakes. I think it's obvious how their match is going to go down tonight.
So what? Loser.

Nekofrog

Banned
i would kill for a real stone cold steve austin promo cutting loose in the ring again. as much as i love his podcast... it's steve austin. it's not stone cold. i want to hear stone cold one more time.

somedevil

Some ROH news. Basically the story is ROH is in a crap situation because of Sinclair using them:

COO Joe Koff met with head officials at Sinclair back in December to try and get them to expand the budgets for 2015 and 2016, pushing the idea that ROH could become the #2 wrestling promotion in the country. Koff brought Adam Cole and The Briscoes to the meeting for them to do pro wrestling style promos on how TNA was losing steam moving to Destination America and that ROH could become #2 in the US. The pitch reportedly failed.

ROH's December pay-per-view, their second show on standard PPV, did just 8,000 buys and that didn't help things either. The 8,000 number is said to be under the company projections but not by a large number.

Sinclair officials told Koff to be more disciplined with spending this year. There's a feeling that Sinclair wants ROH for consistent programming on their network but are not interested in investing a lot or taking chances to build them.

These financial issues are the reason why talents like Roderick Strong, Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett aren't under contract. As noted before, TNA, Lucha Underground and New Japan Pro Wrestling all have interest in signing the duo of Kanellis and Bennett.

Sucks for them. They actually do have a chance to grow but are owned by a crap network. Though was bringing the Briscoes to deliver promos to sinclair higher ups a good idea? New Japan I bet have all these planned out camera angles if Kanellis comes back.

Ultratech

The Mania's in Texas and is the most packed stadium they've ever done. No chance in hell are they gonna give that to Reigns and Bryan. Factor in Austin's possible return (wishful thinking) and Taker's last match, and it's just something I can't see happening at all. No matter how much it makes sense and how good of a story it can be.

Which reminds me that I may actually have a valid reason to attend Mania since it'll be so close next year!

Man, it looks like Taker's got a thousand-yard stare going on there.

When they bring Undertaker back, they just need to fully embrace his old age. I'm talking bald head, gray goatee, all dem wrinkles, cataracts contacts. Cake him up in Emperor Palpatine makeup and give him a Merlin wizard staff.

rrc1594

Guys I remember why I stopped watching wrestling for 5 years. It's when Cena made HHH and Shawn tap back to back WMs. I knew this shit wasn't for me. Fuck John Cena I hated him before it was cool.

Ravager61

Some ROH news. Basically the story is ROH is in a crap situation because of Sinclair using them:

Sucks for them. They actually do have a chance to grow but are owned by a crap network. Though was bringing the Briscoes to deliver promos to sinclair higher ups a good idea? New Japan I bet have all these planned out camera angles if Kanellis comes back.

This does suck. ROH had a lot of momentum coming out of last year and they really could have gone to bigger places with a better time slot, a few more exclusive contracts, and more money behind their production.

We just need some billionaire to buy them and put Shane McMahon in charge.

kiguel182

Remember how Taker dominated Lesnar for the entire build to their match but then the video packages all portrayed Taker as this old, fragile man?

Good times.

Heel

"Koff brought Adam Cole and The Briscoes to the meeting for them to do pro wrestling style promos on how TNA was losing steam moving to Destination America and that ROH could become #2 in the US. The pitch reportedly failed."

You don't say.

So basically making him go full-warlock/necromancer then?
It's perfect. After losing to Lesnar, he had to go back to Death Valley and kill skeleton warriors until he leveled up. He's now the American Necromancer and will be accompanied to the ring by Teddy Roosevelt.

Guys I remember why I stopped watching wrestling for 5 years. It's when Cena made HHH and Shawn tap back to back WMs. I knew this shit wasn't for me. Fuck John Cena I hated him before it was cool.
Heh. I think you'd have to be hating Cena pre Kurt Angle feud in 05 to be ahead of the curve.

Yujiro's challenged the winner of Nakamura vs Nagata, not looking forward to that one. They're seemingly setting up Okada vs Fale as well, presumably for the NJ Cup. Post-WK season is always a bit of an odd one for New Japan.

Kaladin

The truth is that ROH will never be more than they are right now because Sinclair does not give a single shit about them.

Wasn't ROH sold to Sinclair so they could have stability and not go under? Well...they got that....but they're not going much farther than that.

Top Bottom