• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Good show from Dragon Gate today, check out the 3-way tag elimination match and the Hulk vs Susumu main event which was probably one of Hulk's best title matches in this run, but goddamn does Hulk's forgetful selling piss me off.

I fucking love Lucha Underground, I haven't been this excited for wrestling in so many years.

What does Gaf think about it?

It's a fun show, but it hasn't really hooked me with the storylines and vignette stuff, even if the in-ring action is often exciting. Lots of people round here enjoy it though, I definitely need to catch up.

Alucard

Banned
Lucha Underground is the easiest-to-watch weekly televised wrestling show. It's short, it's flashy, it leaves an impact, and it's full of energy. I think the energy of the show is its biggest strength. Things feel like they're always moving forward.

So I read that Bryan actually requested to work with Ziggler?

I still don't like it. I think they would be good together but I don't like the idea of turning Ziggler heal now. I guess they could do a Face vs. Face thing but I would have liked some sort of belt on the line for that.

Alucard

Banned
So I read that Bryan actually requested to work with Ziggler?

I still don't like it. I think they would be good together but I don't like the idea of turning Ziggler heal now. I guess they could do a Face vs. Face thing but I would have liked some sort of belt on the line for that.

According to F4Wonline, that match is now "off the table."

Alucard

Banned
LOL

i3gzMbsVzDOPZ.gif

iOXNMK9gyJOUI.gif

Arrow is still a lot of fun.

Ithil

According to the Observer, Orton has been taken off of advertising for all TV going forward. So who knows if he is even coming back for Rollins at Mania at this point.

Direct quote:

Maybe this means Bryan vs. Rollins?

Bryan vs Rollins would be a fine match for both guys.

Ithil

If Emma is going to be down in NXT for a while again, she needs an overhaul. Her whole shtick is really stagnant. It's like she got to a certain development of the "clumsy dancer" deal then just stopped.
Bayley or Sasha keeps evolving their gimmicks, like Bayley getting a mean streak to freshen it up, etc, but Emma's been the same for like two years now.

If Emma is going to be down in NXT for a while again, she needs an overhaul. Her whole shtick is really stagnant. It's like she got to a certain development of the "clumsy dancer" deal then just stopped.
Bayley or Sasha keeps evolving their gimmicks, like Bayley getting a mean streak to freshen it up, etc, but Emma's been the same for like two years now.

The clumsy dancer thing works if she looks stellar in the ring but they never bothered to get that across on Raw when they first introduced her. She was just clumsy at everything and managed to fluke a win once in a while.

At this point it's best to retool her.

It's a really dead end gimmick. You don't saddle yourself with the "clumsy one" bit unless you plan to do jobs for the rest of your life. Hopefully she finds something else to latch onto.

Ithil

They're probably turning Becky back face after the Takeover show, so I don't know, turn Emma heel. She's not really that over in the NXT arena anymore so it would work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I met up with an online date and it turns out she's very famous. I'm trying not to be like WHAT but I can't help it on some level. Keep me grounded, friends.

Ithil

Some serious revisionist history going on in that wrestling themes thread. Suddenly all "themes from when I watched back then" are unique and special.
I've rewatched some Attitude Era RAWs recently enough, and while you have your Austin and your HHH themes, most of the roster just has generic rock themes. Same goes for the 2000s. You remember Mankind's theme but how about DOA's, or Luther Reigns'?

Friends, I met up with an online date and it turns out she's very famous. I'm trying not to be like WHAT but I can't help it on some level. Keep me grounded, friends.

You mean "I was a jobber on Superstars, pay me 2000 a match, indie promoters" famous or "Wrestlamania main event" famous?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some serious revisionist history going on in that wrestling themes thread. Suddenly all "themes from when I watched back then" are unique and special.
I've rewatched some Attitude Era RAWs recently enough, and while you have your Austin and your HHH themes, most of the roster just has generic rock themes. Same goes for the 2000s. You remember Mankind's theme but how about DOA's, or Luther Reigns'?

People just have an attachment to the old shit. I do too. I can't deny.

Isolate the Rock's theme and listen to it - it's kinda sorta dogshit. Not his more recent one - like the Mania 28, etc one - but the simple old crinkly guitar one.

You mean "I was a jobber on Superstars, pay me 2000 a match, indie promoters" famous or actually famous?

I definitely don't want to say who it is but she's sold at least a hundred thousand albums.

Browny

Banned

image.php

You post on a gaming forum, using the screen name of a multi-millionaire entrepreneur, and follow wrestling.

You'll be fine.

We also need a name please.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was listening to Seth Rollins' theme and remembered when I first heard it, I thought it was dogshit - and realized my interpretation and enjoyment I get out of it is knowing what he currently does with it - when he cue is to come out from behind the divider, when he brings his dudes, so I watched his debut with that theme when he first went solo, and yeah, there's so much that goes into an entrance that we don't think about.

Ithil

People just have an attachment to the old shit. I do too. I can't deny.

Isolate the Rock's theme and listen to it - it's kinda sorta dogshit. Not his more recent one - like the Mania 28, etc one - but the simple old crinkly guitar one.

I definitely don't want to say who it is but she's sold at least a hundred thousand albums.

Ah, Jillian Hall.

I was honestly looking forward to Bryan and Ziggler. If Bryan's further up the card now it's a fair trade. Hopefully they find something good for Ziggles as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

THAT I WISH. I've always had a thing for Lillian.

But no. If you've watched American TV skewed towards music (I don't, so I didn't pick up on this at ALL) you'd recognize her.

Promote her album on WWE TV!
...unless she's already there are you dating Lillian goddamnit Sunny you homewrecker

Edit: Not Lillian? Ok, then we'll bring this full GAF circle and say you're dating Leona Lewis

scabro

the funny thing about LU and piracy is that if anything, they NEED people to do it.

They're at a stage where they just need eyes on the product, regardless of how the eyes get there. That's how they will grow the fanbase.

Anyone else see MetsBloke be a fucking turd by backtracking on gay Kalisto?

Shit's hilarious.

Metsfan is a fraud. Everything hes ever said can be traced back to something someone else said earlier.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the funny thing about LU and piracy is that if anything, they NEED people to do it.

They're at a stage where they just need eyes on the product, regardless of how the eyes get there. That's how they will grow the fanbase.

Which is why they have no problem at all mentioning that it just doesn't matter HOW you watch it, just watch it. Mindshare is valuable.

Aiii

So not worth it

So how did this go when you first met? Did you pretend you didn't realize who it was? Did you mark out? Did you immediately say, "oh my, you're...!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So how did this go when you first met? Did you pretend you didn't realize who it was? Did you mark out? Did you immediately say, "oh my, you're...!"

I didn't even realize it until she said she works in music.

Top Bottom