• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

And almost every post questioning the fact that metsfans posts are mostly bullshit is downvoted, squaredcircle is really desperate to have an 'insider'.
NXT had a marking out chant.

Why?

Its super cringe worthy.

It's fine, I like a crowd that's excited and into every level of the product.

Alucard

Banned
the funny thing about LU and piracy is that if anything, they NEED people to do it.

They're at a stage where they just need eyes on the product, regardless of how the eyes get there. That's how they will grow the fanbase.

Metsfan is a fraud. Everything hes ever said can be traced back to something someone else said earlier.

The only question is whether or not these pirates eventually contribute to LU financially. I know I haven't yet, but I love the product. I'd pay 5 bucks a month if they put the show up on the El Rey website each week. I also wanna buy one of their t-shirts, though I'm not sure how much that helps them directly.

imBask

Banned
guys i'm from the future and I work for WWE

Word backstage is that talents were impressed by the last NXT Special and really want to step up tonight at Fast Lane

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only question is whether or not these pirates eventually contribute to LU financially. I know I haven't yet, but I love the product. I'd pay 5 bucks a month if they put the show up on the El Rey website each week. I also wanna buy one of their t-shirts, though I'm not sure how much that helps them directly.

Wait, your blog posts were of a pirated version?

jmdajr

Dat
pregnant
Kelly...

I think all this fooling around with my pregnant wife is making me have pregnancy fetish thoughts...

url_zpsmjrt8vyk.gif

scabro

marking out chants are horrible.

i jokingly said "marking out" during WK9 on the wrassle nerdchat with frens freck and heel, only for Matt Fucking Stricker to actually yell out "MARKING OUT BRO" live on the broadcast. Almost ruined the ending.

if given opportunity to access with ease, im sure many would.

Hell if only 1 guy actually ever contributed to them financially directly, thats 1 more than they would have had otherwise. The El Rey ratings at this point are like what in the 30k range? They just need people talking about them and the stuff theyre doing. Then you'll get people who already have El Rey but didn know what LU is tuning in, and so on and so forth.

JavyOO7

A wrestling crowd just wants to suspend their belief a bit and enjoy the show. And it isn't even that hard to get a crowd like that all riled up. Though sometimes the Full Sail can be doofuses, they're pretty good. I argue they had a hand in giving Tyson Kidd a resurgence of his career last year when he was ranting with Neville just before they were going to fight in Takeover 1 on 1 for the belt. The crowd couldn't help themselves and started chanting "FACT!"... months later, that single word helped Tyson in his promos and even he came out with those absurd tights during Takeover Fatal Four way. He's awesome and part of the reason is that crowd.

darkbanjo

Anyone else see MetsBloke be a fucking turd by backtracking on gay Kalisto?

Shit's hilarious.

Really sums him up. He'll 'report' anything that gets fed to him, then claim that only the ones he gets right count. 'People took to Twitter right away and put words in my mouth.' Yeah right dude, don't know why people are acting like you know anything — other than the fact you purport to be an insider at every opportunity.

Raw64life

Metsdude seemed pretty reliable early on. They're probably onto whoever his sources were or are just telling fewer people about shit now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Macmahon is your musical blind date one of the Disney castoffs? Not Miley tier but one of the lesser ones?

I really won't say. That isn't a confirmation or denial, I just seriously won't get into it. Sorry :(

Here, enjoy some Zeb
tumblr_niwc33dmqm1rkf4k0o1_540.jpg

Kaladin

It's that Dolphins1925 guy they need to shut up.....spoiling PPVs before they air. We know shit is planned before hand, the fun is in watching it and not knowing what happens.

imBask

Banned
It's that Dolphins1925 guy they need to shut up.....spoiling PPVs before they air. We know shit is planned before hand, the fun is in watching it and not knowing what happens.

IIRC his original goal was to force WWE to surprise us by changing plans on the fly

Sephzilla

I don't even remotely get why people hate on the Full Sail crowd. Active crowd > inactive crowd in every single way. The only time Raw's crowds get good at all are usually when they get into a smarkier area, otherwise the crowds on main shows just sit on their hands and occasionally throw the Lets Go Cena / Cena Sucks chant around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
PM me who it is, I'll keep a secret and tell people if it's worth them wondering over.

Nah, I seriously can't. No offense.

Like R. Kelly, I'm going to keep it on the down low. nobody has to know.

It's Ronald Isley aka Mr. Biggs

Cagey

Banned

People wouldn't be reading these threads or other websites or actively scanning The Rock's Instagram and Twitter feed to know he's in Philly the night before the Rumble if that was the case. Among countless other instances of self-spoiling.

Internet wrestling fans want both at the same time.

Kaladin

I don't even remotely get why people hate on the Full Sail crowd. Active crowd > inactive crowd in every single way. The only time Raw's crowds get good at all are usually when they get into a smarkier area, otherwise the crowds on main shows just sit on their hands and occasionally throw the Lets Go Cena / Cena Sucks chant around.

While I usually agree with you, there comes a point when the crowd is trying to get itself over instead of the wrestling....and Full Sail regulars cross that line every now and then.

I give you exhibit A, the Family Guy knee chant:

http://youtu.be/zhYHHxP8sqM?t=1m30s

imBask

Banned

Because the internet hates everything

you'll find people who hate cute golden retreiver puppies

Heroman

Banned

There just to much smark at full sail,

People are critical of like 90% of crowds, if they're too into it, if they cheer the faces, if they're quiet, etc.

Ithil

Because people seem to think way too hard about the "character" of a crowd like it's a single person, personally out to annoy them. They act like there's some kind of agenda in the crowd.

This fucking "they're trying to get themselves over!!!" obsession is stupid, too. What does that even mean?

People wouldn't be reading these threads or other websites or actively scanning The Rock's Instagram and Twitter feed to know he's in Philly the night before the Rumble if that was the case. Among countless other instances of self-spoiling.

Internet wrestling fans want both at the same time.

I personally don't like to know, and don't actively seek out spoilers/instagram/twitter posts. Sadly, others do - even the WWE. I realise it's a lost cause, but I try my best to allow myself to be surprised. The best instance of this was several years ago when TNA had a huge superstar announcement. A friend and I went 'dark' for a week and watched the reveal together to find out it was Kurt Angle, it was pretty exciting (if now sad in hindsight).

Kaladin

Because people seem to think way too hard about the "character" of a crowd like it's a single person, personally out to annoy them. They act like there's some kind of agenda in the crowd.

This fucking "they're trying to get themselves over!!!" obsession is stupid, too. What does that even mean?

Actually, in a case like Full Sail where you have the same people that attend every taping, there is a character to those crowds.

Also....they do that at Full Sail, see the Family Guy knee chant I linked to above. It got to the point that even the wrestlers (Seth Rollins I think) called them out on it in an off the air segment.

Sephzilla

While I usually agree with you, there comes a point when the crowd is trying to get itself over instead of the wrestling....and Full Sail regulars cross that line every now and then.

I give you exhibit A, the Family Guy knee chant:

http://youtu.be/zhYHHxP8sqM?t=1m30s

You can barely make out this chant, it's glorified ambient crowd noise to me. The Full Sail crowd also booed the fuck out of people who tried to start "WE WANT KENTA" and "CM PUNK" chants at recent shows too. So they aren't that bad.

If this was the Attitude Era I wonder if people would claim that the "crowd was trying to get themselves over" when chanting YOU SUCK during Angle's theme or ASSHOLE for every heel promo ever. Or for "WHAT"-ing wrestlers during promos.

Ithil

Actually, in a case like Full Sail where you have the same people that attend every taping, there is a character to those crowds.

Also....they do that at Full Sail, see the Family Guy knee chant I linked to above. It got to the point that even the wrestlers (Seth Rollins I think) called them out on it in an off the air segment.

The Family Guy chant is not them "trying to get themselves over" (whatever the fuck that means), it's them having fun amongst themselves by joining in on a chant that was probably funny to do in the building, even if it comes off as dumb on TV. Like the "JBL" announcer chants on main roster crowds, that's a bored crowd looking for something to do, and yeah, they're lame chants, but it's probably different when you're in the crowd.

Ascribing these weird ulterior motives to crowds makes little sense to me.

I think people are too hard on the Full Sail crowd - at their worst, they're still excitable and into the product they're following in a big way, which is all any promoter could want from their audience. You're never going to find a perfect crowd.

dream

It's the desperate need to feel like they're a part of the product that gets me. Like when they booed a Kenta chant and drowned it out with Hideo. Because they have to protect the character. Because they're part of NXT. No, fools, you're essentially at weekly screenings of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Top Bottom