• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Alucard

Banned
Okay, unpopular opinion time, but this game is actually pretty fun.

Castlevania_-_Lament_of_Innocense_(Gamecover).jpg

Playing it for the first time in a few years, and if you get into the secrets and become a bit obsessed with getting 100% on the map, it can hook you. The action is also pretty good despite a lot of it being totally avoidable and unnecessary, and the soundtrack is great.

House of Sacred Remains theme

For the record, I will buy and play through Phantom Pain. I just don't know how I feel about it yet.

All my gaming times goes towards my 3DS and Wii U now. I can't be playing these M rated games with my daughter sitting there watching me. Hell, I think Smash Brothers is teaching her to hit us. >_>

Sephzilla

It's easy to make something when you don't have to give it a story or make it make sense.

I was more talking in terms of atmosphere regarding PT. There is a bit of story/lore to PT, though. Honestly it was more interesting lore than the last few previous Silent Hill games.

Heroman

Banned
For the record, I will buy and play through Phantom Pain. I just don't know how I feel about it yet.

All my gaming times goes towards my 3DS and Wii U now. I can't be playing these M rated games with my daughter sitting there watching me. Hell, I think Smash Brothers is teaching her to hit us. >_>
Play late at night

Sephzilla

Trying to shift back to the thread's topic : I'd like to see Kojima make a wrestling game, just to see what crazy shit he'd put into it.

jmdajr

Okay, unpopular opinion time, but this game is actually pretty fun.

Castlevania_-_Lament_of_Innocense_(Gamecover).jpg

Playing it for the first time in a few years, and if you get into the secrets and become a bit obsessed with getting 100% on the map, it can hook you. The action is also pretty good despite a lot of it being totally avoidable and unnecessary, and the soundtrack is great.

House of Sacred Remains theme

It's a great game. I am pretty sure I found 100% of everything in that or close.

Fantastic music.

Verendus

Banned
The way I see it (layman's, of course - this isn't anything close to my job and I'm not going to pretend to have a clue) is that mobile is far easier to penetrate into those emerging markets due to the necessity of having a phone as compared to a console's struggle. Naturally there's other factors at play as well, but I'm not going to pretend to understand. It's interesting and in another life, I would really like to dig in to that business and see where the real players are moving towards and why.
Yes, you'd be mostly right. Mobile is growing significantly in emerging markets, so there's potential there to monetise software and target a larger audience due to the prevalence of devices. It's also less risk, so it's quite the perfect platform for developers. Not to mention, it's strong presence in the major markets as it is. From a manufacturer's standpoint however, it's not worthwhile abandoning an industry where the revenue potential is still significantly high, especially since you sit on top of the core platform. You can still drive revenue through services like Xbox Live or Playstation Plus, but it's also about adapting to the needs of the market today, and being able to gain people's investment in your platform, which then allows you to drive more spend through other means (recurrent consumer spend, digital etc.). This doesn't exclude future services plans which would only help revenue.

Anyway, I really want someone to make a good wrestling game. I'm still feeling salty about the match customisation thing, and it's been three months. This feels unnatural.

Just beat Sunset Overdrive and it singlehandedly justified my owning an Xbox One. Fantastic game with incredibly original characters and a warped sense of humor.

Alucard

Banned
So, when is the Wii U expected to drop in price? Christmas? Think I'm just going to wait until it hits $199.99 and when there's either a sale at a specific store, or I get a gift card from someone before picking it up. I want it for the Zelda and Mario games, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X. And Luigi U, which looks really fun. And to download Child of Light, which is multi-platform, but nothing appeals to me on the XBox or PS4.

Honestly, modern gaming on the two big systems feels way too samey when I watch trailers...dark, bloody, shootie, and macho games. It's not everything, but a good chunk of the stuff I've watched trailers for fits into this description. There's a time and a place for those types of games, but gimme something fun and optimistic once in a while, dammit.

Trying to shift back to the thread's topic : I'd like to see Kojima make a wrestling game, just to see what crazy shit he'd put into it.
If Suda51 can launch his career with a wrestling game that has the main character kill himself at the end, I don't see why Kojima can't make a wrestling game.

Alucard

Banned
It's a great game. I am pretty sure I found 100% of everything in that or close.

I definitely did, but I'm going back to it again now to get 100% again and maybe try some of the other extra modes like playing with a secondary character. There's a lot of stuff packed into the game despite its deceptively "short" length. Figure I'll put over 30 hours into it by the time I'm done with everything.

Sephzilla

That Dark Souls 2 remaster is going to sell like absolute ass on PS4 simply because Bloodborne releases like a week or 2 ahead of it. That and because Dark Souls 2 is the least good Souls game.

Lot of Wii U talk in here and I am ok with that. I got one on launch and have more games on it then I do on my Xbox One, though my ps4 library is the same size. I actually really like the giant Wii U gamepad and it's my preferred controller for Mario Kart 8. Been on vacation all week and have put a lot of game time in finishing Dragon Age Inquisition and Sunset Overdrive. Now onto finishing Captain Toad on the Wii U.

One day Nintendo is going to work on their third party relations and have a system powerful enough to get all the games, I'll be first in line. Can't be paying 299 just for exclusives, as bad as I want them.

Sephzilla

As someone who owns all 3 systems I'd rank them in this order

#1- PS4
#2- Wii-U
#3- Xbox One

PS4 in general is a great sleek system, its the most powerful, the dualshock 4 is a great controller, it's got a lot of solid exclusives coming, PS+ is a nice service, third party games for it are generally great. It's the Brock Lesnar of systems.

Wii-U is the ultimately #2 system. The B+ player of gaming consoles. Nintendo's first party games are charming as absolute fuck. The virtual console library is decent enough. The tablet kind of sucks but the Wii-U Pro Controller is legit.

Xbox One isn't a bad system by any means but I think it has the shittiest OS of the three systems. Some of its multiplat games are inferior to PS4 versions. I like the Xbox One controller, though. It's the Wolfpac Sting of systems.

#1- PS4
#2- Wii-U
#3- Xbox One

PS4 in general is a great sleek system, its the most powerful, the dualshock 4 is a great controller, it's got a lot of solid exclusives coming, PS+ is a nice service, third party games for it are generally great. It's the Brock Lesnar of systems.

Wii-U is the ultimately #2 system. The B+ player of gaming consoles. Nintendo's first party games are charming as absolute fuck. The virtual console library is decent enough. The tablet kind of sucks but the Wii-U Pro Controller is legit.

Xbox One isn't a bad system by any means but I think it has the shittiest OS of the three systems. Some of its multiplat games are inferior to PS4 versions. I like the Xbox One controller, though. It's the Wolfpac Sting of systems.

I'd agree with this but you need to throw more love on the dual shock 4 as I think it's the best controller of this gaming generation.

Verendus

Banned
Lot of Wii U talk in here and I am ok with that. I got one on launch and have more games on it then I do on my Xbox One, though my ps4 library is the same size. I actually really like the giant Wii U gamepad and it's my preferred controller for Mario Kart 8. Been on vacation all week and have put a lot of game time in finishing Dragon Age Inquisition and Sunset Overdrive. Now onto finishing Captain Toad on the Wii U.
You should check out Super Mario 3D World in co-op. I played it with my nephews. Just a lot of fun.

Anyway, if you have WWE Network, check out the opening to WWF Over The Edge 1998. That promo. I had this on my Austin VHS a long time ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, you'd be mostly right. Mobile is growing significantly in emerging markets, so there's potential there to monetise software and target a larger audience due to the prevalence of devices. It's also less risk, so it's quite the perfect platform for developers. Not to mention, it's strong presence in the major markets as it is. From a manufacturer's standpoint however, it's not worthwhile abandoning an industry where the revenue potential is still significantly high, especially since you sit on top of the core platform. You can still drive revenue through services like Xbox Live or Playstation Plus, but it's also about adapting to the needs of the market today, and being able to gain people's investment in your platform, which then allows you to drive more spend through other means (recurrent consumer spend, digital etc.). This doesn't exclude future services plans which would only help revenue.

Just want to say I appreciate your legit-ass perspective.

MisterR

#1- PS4
#2- Wii-U
#3- Xbox One

I would agree with this. I love my PS4. I actually traded my Wii U to get an Xbox One and I kind of regret it. Sunset Overdrive was great, but now I'd rather have the PS4 and the Wii U.

I won't say I'm *really* worried about Silent Hills. As odd as it may sound to say, playing through Silent Hill 2 as a teenager was a defining experience for me. I doubt any other game could affect me as much ever again.

So I'm open minded about the fact that series can be something totally different but still be that thing to someone else.

But I think its going to just be a AAA watered down hollywood experience. I really hope I'm wrong~

#1- PS4
#2- Wii-U
#3- Xbox One

As someone who literally owns nearly every system released since the NES Microsoft is gonna have to do something absolutely amazing to get me to buy an Xbox One after the Xbox 360. Yuck.

jred2k

You're all debating the biggest carny and Bungie is just sitting right over there. Destiny content schedule is carny 101.

Zach

#1- PS4
#2- Wii-U
#3- Xbox One

I would agree with this. I love my PS4. I actually traded my Wii U to get an Xbox One and I kind of regret it. Sunset Overdrive was great, but now I'd rather have the PS4 and the Wii U.

I have a place in my heart for all three. And while I'd probably order them the same as you guys, I sure do love the Xbox One's resume feature or whatever it's called. I wouldn't play nearly as much Madden if I had to watch the stupid load-up intro logo crap. It keeps my football-loving bro who is stuck in Hawaii happy, so that's cool.

tm24

They're going to war over infertile land, while the mobile devs and platforms are enjoying the most wonderful farming land known to mankind.

Except mobile you're not really farming. Farming implies sustainability. Mobile is this weird area where every rule you once knew now doesn't matter. Whereas the big 3 would try to hit as many people as possible with multiple experiences, the majority of mobile studios seemingly try to hit the whale with one. If not hitting the whale, they're going to the race to the bottom. Think about Candy Crush Saga. They tried to use that to prop up their other games, but it doesn't work and then the original crop is not worth as much anymore.

If anything, mobile is the Wii craze on roids. Maybe some other company will figure it out unlike Nintendo. But the idea that mobile is a most wonderful farming land is misleading

Back to wrestling, just for you Sunny. Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi. This is gonna end up in a hopefully great mask match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIVD36fDWzw

BFIB

Just finished the Heyman doc. on the network. Goddamn, you could tell Stephanie McMahon hated to say anything positive about him.

"I wouldn't call him a genius."

Get the fuck outta here Steph.

Sephzilla

I'd agree with this but you need to throw more love on the dual shock 4 as I think it's the best controller of this gaming generation.

Honestly all three of the current generation systems seemed to get their controllers right. DualShock 4 is comfortable as fuck. Wii-U Pro is also comfortable as fuck and has a magical super battery in it. Xbox One's controller is pretty solid as well.

Sunset Overdrive is fun as hell, but I still regret my Xbox One purchase. I bought it entirely for Master Chief Collection and that ended up being the biggest botch in gaming. On top of that, Halo 5 has zero interest from me.

As someone who literally owns nearly every system released since the NES Microsoft is gonna have to do something absolutely amazing to get me to buy an Xbox One after the Xbox 360. Yuck.

Xbox 360 is the WCW Kevin Nash of consoles. It started off hot as fuck and everyone thought it was awesome, and then like midway through that generation Microsoft just stopped giving a fuck and let the PS3 catch up to them and pass them.

Zach

Any thoughts on these random games I bought on a whim yesterday?:

Bayonetta 2 (+1)
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Killer 7
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Afrika

Also, isn't Bayonetta hard? It's not God Hand hard, right? Right?

Alucard

Banned
I don't actually know how the Wii U works at all. I barely play games at all anymore and haven't bought a new system since the Wii...and the PS2 before that. I've missed the past two generations, basically.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any thoughts on these random games I bought on a whim yesterday?:

Bayonetta 2 (+1)
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Killer 7
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Afrika

Also, isn't Bayonetta hard? It's not God Hand hard, right? Right?

Almost all of them are fun.

Top Bottom