• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Kaladin

Got the PS4 set up. I only got one match in on 2k15 after hooking it all up.

I dig the slower pace and I like what they're starting to do with the engine.

I honestly had low hopes going into any first game on a next gen system, but I like the building blocks they've started with.

I know I will have fun with the career mode and I haven't even got to that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gears of War is one of my favorite games, along with the Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.

RP912

Banned
The thing that drew me away from current gen hype of WWE 2k15 is the fact that the CAW mode is half assed. I like the ability of having 100 wrestlers at my disposal compared to 25 :/.

The slow build is a good addition though. I like the fact that wrestlers are selling than getting up after two seconds of going through a fucking table.

Sephzilla

The stamina system in 2K15 made the game more fun for me than 2K14. It has a few tweaks to be made, but i got some pretty awesome matches as a result of it.

I think people are too hard on the Full Sail crowd - at their worst, they're still excitable and into the product they're following in a big way, which is all any promoter could want from their audience. You're never going to find a perfect crowd.
The Full Sail crowd is the vocal equivalent of holding up a sign at a wrestling show.

I know wanting remasters is kind of looked down upon, but there are a few PS4/XB1 remasters/remakes I legit want.

-Demon's Souls/Dark Souls 1
-Gears
-An actual FF7 remake
-Resident Evil REMake 2
-Mass Effect Trilogy
Souls, Gears, and ME most likely have good chances of being made. The other two are obviously not happening since they would actually have to put some work into it.
IX has its own share of problems but is also a magical game.
Only started first playing 9 last year and looks wise, I like it already better than 7 and 8.

Sephzilla

I was soured on Gears multiplayer during the beta for Gears 3 when it was made clearly obvious that it was never going to evolve beyond shotgun-roll-shotgun-of-war

RP912

Banned
The Full Sail crowd is like the marks that imitate the smarks because the smarks are being smark marks instead of marks that have smark tendencies.

Sephzilla

If you hate on the Full Sail crowd you're endorsing silent boring Raw crowds that pop for Roman Reigns and participate in Uso chants.

#FACT

Kaladin

The stamina system in 2K15 made the game more fun for me than 2K14. It has a few tweaks to be made, but i got some pretty awesome matches as a result of it.

Exactly my thoughts on it.

Anyone know of any site where I can get some realistic sliders for the 2k15 stuff?

Hah, Roman debuts a new move on Smackdown tonight;
fireman's carry into a flapjack
. Exciting.

The Full Sail crowd is the vocal equivalent of holding up a sign at a wrestling show.

And just like when WWE crowds were absolutely full of signs, it gives the appearance of a product that's actually appealing to its paying audience.

gogosox82

Any thoughts on these random games I bought on a whim yesterday?:

Bayonetta 2 (+1)
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Killer 7
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Afrika

Also, isn't Bayonetta hard? It's not God Hand hard, right? Right?

Bayonetta 1 is probably the best character action game I've ever played. It's seriously amazing. I've heard Bayonetta 2 is better (I don't have a WiiU so I haven't played it) so it may be the GOAT. And don't worry about the diffuculty. I'm terrible at these kinds of games and I got through Bayonetta fine. You can always just play on the easier difficulties since the game adapts to whatever difficultly your on (more enemies, different enemies placement on higher difficulties). Just remember to dodge (witch time) and you should be fine.

DR3- haven't played it but loved DR 1 & 2. Heard there were some performance issues on the pc so I didn't put it up yet. Its dead rising, I'm sure its fun.

Ryse- very pretty game. shallow mechanically but kind of fun. Its one of those games you finish in a day or two and say " well that was kind of fun" and never think about again.

Never played any of the rest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gears is a weird franchise. I still love it, but I went from playing hundreds and hundreds of hours of the first to not even touching Judgement.

I spent soooo much time the first. Execution on Mausoleum...such tension.

Gears 3 is the most content-rich of all of them, any map, any mode, amazing. Just amazing. Love Gears 3.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
The Full Sail crowd is like the marks that imitate the smarks because the smarks are being smark marks instead of marks that have smark tendencies.
P3XEQpO.jpg

jred2k

I was soured on Gears multiplayer during the beta for Gears 3 when it was made clearly obvious that it was never going to evolve beyond shotgun-roll-shotgun-of-war

You never used the Retro Lancer I guess. When they actually made stopping power what it was supposed to be that thing was nothing to fuck with.

Striker

Speaking of games, 2k's Evolve sounds like a clusterfuck of a mess.

Originally Posted by Bru

The marketing and business decisions made by 2K are bad enough but the misinformation surrounding Evolve is nearly as bad. I do agree this whole confusing mess has to be sorted out though and 2K need to step up.
Gee, that sounds awfully familiar. Too bad they took over the only decent budgeted wrestling game. I wouldn't expect WWE 2K to get much better.

Oh yeah be careful out on these Tinder streets brehs, I worked myself into a shoot there over the past few days and I have some major heat on me at the moment, may have to leave the territory until things cool down a bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah be careful out on these Tinder streets brehs, I worked myself into a shoot there over the past few days and I have some major heat on me at the moment, may have to leave the territory until things cool down a bit.

Tinder streets are I, Robot

You'll be fleeing from robits.

Thorakai

FFXI is the game that pretty much ruined gaming for me... not from being bad but being too engrossing. I mess around with new games every once in a while but generally get bored quickly. The gear swap system in XI combined with macros and scripting makes for so much depth in the game play... not to mention how much stuff there is to collect, some great mission lines, and truly challenging content. With a wife, a full time job, and studying for tech certifications I just don't have the time to invest anymore. It sucks.

I had to stop playing because I couldn't justify the time sink anymore, either. It was great for the time in my life I got to play it. I don't think I could ever go back no matter how much of an itch I have to see how much the game has changed since I last played.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had to stop playing because I couldn't justify the time sink anymore, either. It was great for the time in my life I got to play it. I don't think I could ever go back no matter how much of an itch I have to see how much the game has changed since I last played.

When the question is "How Much FF XI has changed since I last played?" the answer is invariably, "A Lot."

I feel like Roman's promos need to be filled with terrible Reigns puns. When it Reigns it pours, make everything as right as Reigns, sorry to Reigns on your parade, high risk of Reigns, take a Reigns check, etc.

Whoever said Afrika was a bad game is gonna get tackled by me

C'mon, you know Aquanaut's Holiday is vastly superior.

¡HarlequinPanic!;150746243 said:
Tonight, on "The Product"

I know it is totally correct but I actually don't like it when wrestling is referred to as "The Product" makes me feel weird for some illogical reason.
Hate it and I never do it. On the plus side, it makes it very easy to sift through mediocre posters to get to and spot potential main event players. It's the dividing line.

Zach

Bayonetta 1 is probably the best character action game I've ever played. It's seriously amazing. I've heard Bayonetta 2 is better (I don't have a WiiU so I haven't played it) so it may be the GOAT. And don't worry about the diffuculty. I'm terrible at these kinds of games and I got through Bayonetta fine. You can always just play on the easier difficulties since the game adapts to whatever difficultly your on (more enemies, different enemies placement on higher difficulties). Just remember to dodge (witch time) and you should be fine.

DR3- haven't played it but loved DR 1 & 2. Heard there were some performance issues on the pc so I didn't put it up yet. Its dead rising, I'm sure its fun.

Ryse- very pretty game. shallow mechanically but kind of fun. Its one of those games you finish in a day or two and say " well that was kind of fun" and never think about again.

Never played any of the rest.

Gettin' me hyped for Bayo. And I appreciate the insight into difficulty. I'll probably just play on Normal and hope for the best.

As someone who respects the business, I'm going to go by the Raven rule of meeting a wrestler. When you meet them, USE THEIR CURRENT RING NAME! CM Punk says he fucking hates when people call him Phil, he says only his closest friends and family can. Some people, like Colt Cabana and Chris Hero, have said they only call him by his ring name as a show of respect.

When you call Hideo Itami "KENTA", it disrespects what he's doing now. WWE forced him to change his name, yes, but he changed it to something he liked. Hell, Leva Bates is forever going to be known as Blue Pants if she ever comes to the WWE, and yet, I'm going to still call her Blue Pants.
Hmmm

Should I stop calling Vince McMahon, "Sunflower"?

Top Bottom