• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Verendus

Banned
I'm mostly physical; can't get early copies digitally. Wii U is a piece of crap that has 8gb memory so I've never even tried with that. I have D4 on the Xbox, and that's only available digitally. I'm a creature of habit I guess. I don't get the time to play many games, so I can't say it makes a difference to me. I see the convenience in it though, but I don't see an issue with sticking to physical considering some of the pitfalls.

Not having to swap discs is a real #GameChanger.

P3FKSAs.gif

XenoRaven

I think the benefits of going digital on PC outweigh the disadvantages.

Not sure what console manufacturers are doing. I've had to fight to get games I own back because I bought them digitally and then my Xbox 360 broke like everyone else's did. I've seen situations where pre-loaded digital games were not ready to play several hours or even close to a full day after the physical release could have been purchased at the store. Plus, the hard drives on these consoles are not enough to support a bunch of 40-50 GB games unless you want to manage installing and uninstalling and then whenever you want to play a game you uninstalled you're facing hours of downloading depending on your ISP. Not to mention the ISPs that have bandwidth caps. It's basically a mess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
On PC it's all digital anyways. DVD/Blu-Rays are just glorified keys and its been this way since the very late 90's.

rrc1594

So where do you people buy your games? Amazon? Because L-O-L they treat their warehouse employees so shitty that Wal-Mart and Gamestop look stellar by comparison.

I use to live in NYC, so there where places everywhere,use to get games early. Now I live in FL for college all digital baby.

Digital the Roam Reigns of Gaming. The future

So where do you people buy your games? Amazon? Because L-O-L they treat their warehouse employees so shitty that Wal-Mart and Gamestop look stellar by comparison.

I'm acquaintances with someone who works in an Amazon warehouse and it sounds like all their employees are at least slightly off balance.

To be honest, I wish I cared more about how the companies treat their employees but I'm not a fan of gamestop because some of them have a weird aroma.

XenoRaven

You're probably not a successful nationwide retail company if you aren't treating your workers like total subhuman shit.

But hey lazy millennials right?

Hey friend Mango, I'll put you ov---

ibbJoiZsK9EI6a.gif

IT'S MY TIME
Son of a...
tumblr_mwedzzdzJu1s6ns7wo1_250.gif

You're most welcome. And it's my first time being called friend so it's a wonderful Friday for me as well.
Yeah see what happened to me when I was just called friend. The friend bullshit needs to be put to rest. Most of you are straight up enemy status anyway.

Enemy Heel
Enemy Seph
Enemy Freckle
Enemy Bean
Enemy Plywood

There was only one true friend and now he is no longer with us.

Friend Stro

.....and Friend Sblargh

Kaladin

As first reported by @WWENetwork on Twitter, Paul Heyman will be cutting into WWE Network programming live tonight to give his take on the ongoing controversy surrounding Brian Williams' comments regarding a previous trip to Iraq. The Breaking News show will air following tonight's edition of "NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams." How will Heyman react to this scandal? Will the noted liar ... ahem ... embellisher of stories have any advice for the glib TV anchor? Tune in to WWE Network tonight to catch this can't-miss broadcast.

BREAKING: @HeymanHustle will weigh in on the Brian Williams controversy LIVE tonight on @WWENetwork. Stay tuned for updates.
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) February 6, 2015

I am intrigued.

Sephzilla

Son of a...

Yeah see what happened to me when I was just called friend. The friend bullshit needs to be put to rest. Most of you are straight up enemy status anyway.

Enemy Heel
Enemy Seph
Enemy Freckle
Enemy Bean
Enemy Plywood

Friend Stro

.....and Friend Sblargh

hhh-dx-chop-undertaker-o.gif

Holy shit the IRS already direct deposited my refund.

I FILED THREE DAYS AGO. It's party time.

Are you going to go to a store to buy your games or just download them? Also, direct deposit? Wouldn't you rather have a nice, tangible paper check that you get in the mail and you can take to the bank (or in your case, check cashing store)?

Are you going to go to a store to buy your games or just download them? Also, direct deposit? Wouldn't you rather have a nice, tangible paper check that you get in the mail and you can take to the bank (or in your case, check cashing store)?

An all digital future is for people with decent internet, which I don't fall under

Got my refunds last Friday, you're late bro.

I had to wait to file because I didn't get my old job's W2 until the day I filed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You lose a ton of consumer rights going digital. Until that's fixed I'll stick with mixing it up between physical and digital.

My rights are never in question with digital games - physical games are just a license

Son of a...

Enemy Heel
Enemy Seph
Enemy Freckle
Enemy Bean
Enemy Plywood

Friend Stro

.....and Friend Sblargh

Forgetting me, are we? I see how it is....Enemy Mango.

My rights are never in question with digital games - physical games are just a license

Perhaps in the US, but UK customers are rather well protected when it comes to physical goods. Digital goods are behind the times, ironically, when it comes to consumer laws, but that's slowly changing.

Example - FIFA 15. I bought it digitally from PSN Store, Sony say I can only contact them via phone, which has/had a 60 minute wait to get through to someone. They then said I had to contact them via email, 2 weeks later they replied I couldn't get a refund as I had played the game.
Naturally, I had played the game and upon playing the game discovered the faults/flaws with the game. If I had bought it from the store I would have been able to return it for a refund regardless if I had a played it or not, since one of the key features of the game wasn't working as intended and advertised.

All EULA are null and void under EU Law, however that seems to be ignored by many of the US Based Digital Services even though they deal internationally and should adhere to the laws of the countries they trade in, regardless.

iMax

Perhaps in the US, but UK customers are rather well protected when it comes to physical goods. Digital goods are behind the times, ironically, when it comes to consumer laws, but that's slowly changing.

Example - FIFA 15. I bought it digitally from PSN Store, Sony say I can only contact them via phone, which has/had a 60 minute wait to get through to someone. They then said I had to contact them via email, 2 weeks later they replied I couldn't get a refund as I had played the game.

Naturally, I had played the game and upon playing the game discovered the faults/flaws with the game.

If I had bought it from the store I would have been able to return it for a refund regardless if I had a played it or not, since one of the key features of the game wasn't working as intended and advertised.

Law trumps Customer Service. Just threaten them with 2011/83/EU and they'll shit their pants and do whatever you want.

Sephzilla

Naturally, I had played the game and upon playing the game discovered the faults/flaws with the game. If I had bought it from the store I would have been able to return it for a refund regardless if I had a played it or not, since one of the key features of the game wasn't working as intended and advertised.

All EULA are null and void under EU Law, however that seems to be ignored by many of the US Based Digital Services even though they deal internationally and should adhere to the laws of the countries they trade in, regardless.

In the US with digital game purchases you are pretty much taking it up the tailpipe regarding consumer rights. UK is still ahead of the US even in the digital rights realm.

Top Bottom