• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Physical is the only way to go. You actually own the game and can resell it if you want to. Going digital is idiotic. Get banned on PSN or Xbox Live for some arbitrary reason? Kiss your money goodbye.

Physical is the only way to go. You actually own the game and can resell it if you want to. Going digital is idiotic. Get banned on PSN or Xbox Live for some arbitrary reason? Kiss your money goodbye.

Why would you get banned? It's not like anyone here would go around calling women sluts or anything like that.

swapping games fast and free on xbone with digital games is pretty sweet, though.

I have hit critical nerd and bounced between KI and Titanfall on more than a few saturday afternoons :$

Scottify

I'm a fan of the announce team on the AXS shows. They make it very enjoyable to watch. Looking forward to this week's matches.

Bp47qaD.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNslrWkkbDQ
ir6gClL.gif

Somehow I knew it would be you that'd come through for me Boots.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps in the US, but UK customers are rather well protected when it comes to physical goods. Digital goods are behind the times, ironically, when it comes to consumer laws, but that's slowly changing.

Example - FIFA 15. I bought it digitally from PSN Store, Sony say I can only contact them via phone, which has/had a 60 minute wait to get through to someone. They then said I had to contact them via email, 2 weeks later they replied I couldn't get a refund as I had played the game.
Naturally, I had played the game and upon playing the game discovered the faults/flaws with the game. If I had bought it from the store I would have been able to return it for a refund regardless if I had a played it or not, since one of the key features of the game wasn't working as intended and advertised.

All EULA are null and void under EU Law, however that seems to be ignored by many of the US Based Digital Services even though they deal internationally and should adhere to the laws of the countries they trade in, regardless.

Customer's always wrong. Why should you get your money back if you played it?

Zach

¡HarlequinPanic!;150953417 said:
swapping games fast and free on xbone with digital games is pretty sweet, though.

I have hit critical nerd and bounced between KI and Titanfall on more than a few saturday afternoons :$
Wait. What's free?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;150956792 said:
I meant more like...uh...fancy-free.

Captain Philips, get a load of me, fancy-free on the seven seas

Alucard

Banned
So, this "Cults and Daggers" game banner I'm getting on GAF sounds kind of cool. "Build your own ancient religion." Turn-based strategy. Gonna read up some reviews...

After working for myself in outside sales, I've realized the rat race is silly. You should make thousands of dollars a week like me.

Carnby

I kid you not, at a house show I attended in early 1997, Farooq cut a promo on the audience where he said "I'm not racist, I just hate white people". The crowd was like "wtf, Crush is white!" Crush made a face like "lol what?"

I've shopped in retail
I've worked in retail
I've managed in retail

Glad most of that is all behind me, though. It wasn't for me, as the place I worked was far too numbers based and not customer based. In the end that approach drove the customers away, as they were sick of all the upselling and 'forced' customer service that was expected from HQ. The business almost went out of business a few years after I left, they seem to have realised their mistake somewhat now and returned back to their 'gamer' roots.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've shopped in retail
I've worked in retail
I've managed in retail

Glad most of that is all behind me, though. It wasn't for me, as the place I worked was far too numbers based and not customer based. In the end that approach drove the customers away, as they were sick of all the upselling and 'forced' customer service that was expected from HQ. The business almost went out of business a few years after I left, they seem to have realised their mistake somewhat now and returned back to their 'gamer' roots.

If upselling and being numbers focused didn't work, then that style of selling product will die.

I did em all. ToysRUs, Best Buy, even Radio Scrap.

Best shitty college job was the movie theatre though. Man that was good times. Fucking sucked when Goblet of Fire and Pirates 2 opened up, but good times.

Actually...I wish I got to do some carny shit while in college, hah. Might do a haunted house one october still.

Sephzilla

I remember when I worked at a grocery store. At least three times a week I'd be filling a shelf in my work uniform, and possibly wearing a work jacket if I was in the frozen foods section, and still being asked if I worked there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember when I worked at a grocery store. At least three times a week I'd be filling a shelf in my work uniform, and possibly wearing a work jacket if I was in the frozen foods section, and still being asked if I worked there.

I used to manage a grocery store. I know what you mean. And the motherfuckers that would approach you and just say the name of a fuckin' item - not "Can you help me find the beans?" you get "BEANS" like a fuckin' caveman. Fuck customers.

UberTag

My favorite retail gig was managing a Blockbuster Video. All the free game rentals I could want and I was in the best shape of my life due to being on my feet constantly. Customers only upset me when they would harass my employees.

Sephzilla

I used to manage a grocery store. I know what you mean. And the motherfuckers that would approach you and just say the name of a fuckin' item - not "Can you help me find the beans?" you get "BEANS" like a fuckin' caveman. Fuck customers.

Yeah that bugged the shit out of me too. Normally if someone asked me where something was, I'd walk with them to where it was to show them. If the person looked like he or she was clearly in a hurry I could excuse it, but when it was just some jerk who didn't give a shit then I'd just point them in the general direction and then let them waste 10 minutes in the aisle looking around while I promptly vanish to the back room so they cant find me again.

Top Bottom