• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Also rumors that
AJ is taking the IWGP belt
on Wednesday's NJPW show.

I've always maintained that the end of Okada's redemption story has to be him defeating Styles for the belt, but I didn't see Styles getting it back so soon.

So CHIKARA's first show of 2015 is out on VOD; the first show they did in-house production on.

DON'T FUCKING BUY IT IT LOOKS TERRIBLE, I WARNED YOU

I saw some screenshots, what was up with the tiny cameraman? Looked like he was resting his camera on the ring apron.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Suzuki's going to smack the shit out of that young lion Harada. And Harada is going to infuriate him with wrasslin.

It's going to be so good.

Gonzalez

Banned
What about Eva?

tumblr_njexe9FYzS1sxmf6fo3_250.gif

tumblr_njexe9FYzS1sxmf6fo1_250.gif
#AllRedEverything

Although everything shouldn't be that red. Maybe she should have a doctor check that out.

ghostmind

It makes sense though.

Have AJ be unbeatable all the way to Wrestle Kingdom 10, while The Fall of Okada continues until G1, where he begins his road to redemption.

Bryan didn't tank his chances of main eventing WrestleMania with awful promos that made the crowd indifferent towards him and made management have second thoughts about his push.

It makes sense though.

Have AJ be unbeatable all the way to Wrestle Kingdom 10, while The Fall of Okada continues until G1, where he begins his road to redemption.

I'd like to see the story go on for a while, but I think they're going to rush it and
Okada will get his groove back by beating Fale in the NJ Cup finals, then challenging AJ for the belt

I must have missed the part where the crowd turned on Bryan and certain towns were booing the shit out of him.

No one's going to disagree that Naito's run-in to the Dome was poorly handled, but he shouldn't have been so insistent about going for the NEVER belt the moment he won a fucking shot at the IWGP title (which really pissed Tanahashi off). That Tanaka feud did nothing for him and, coupled with his promos, directly led to the audience at large not giving a shit.

Naito also didn't cripple anyone

Regardless what you think of Styles, you know the pay-off to this story is Okada finally beating AJ for the belt. Can't do that if AJ doesn't have the belt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I must have missed the part where the crowd turned on Bryan and certain towns were booing the shit out of him.

No one's going to disagree that Naito's run-in to the Dome was poorly handled, but he shouldn't have been so insistent about going for the NEVER belt the moment he won a fucking shot at the IWGP title (which really pissed Tanahashi off). That Tanaka feud did nothing for him and, coupled with his promos, directly led to the audience at large not giving a shit.

I don't know, I feel like I miss the parts where 'people booed the shit out of Naito' aside from some rumors from some random Japanese smark fans that 'that's totally what happened'

And does anyone really care about a 'Okada redmeption' storyline? Why is this so important? It's like Darth Vader in Star Wars prequels, does anyone REALLY want this? Why Okada? Why not someone else? Okada's already over, but since he's Gedo's pet project, he needs to be MORE over. Got to make Okada look stronk.

Okada's 'redemption' reminds me of Cena's 'worst year ever' in the sense that no one's going to buy it because it's clear as day to everyone that you're just doing it to book him even stronger. Not to make him more endearing. This is the storyline Goto should have, not fucking Okada Okada Okada Okada Okada.

Kornflayx

I don't know, I feel like I miss the parts where 'people booed the shit out of Naito' aside from some rumors from some random Japanese smark fans that 'that's totally what happened'

And does anyone really care about a 'Okada redmeption' storyline? Why is this so important? It's like Darth Vader in Star Wars prequels, does anyone REALLY want this? Why Okada? Why not someone else? Okada's already over, but since he's Gedo's pet project, he needs to be MORE over. Got to make Okada look stronk.

Okada's 'redemption' reminds me of Cena's 'worst year ever' in the sense that no one's going to buy it because it's clear as day to everyone that you're just doing it to book him even stronger. Not to make him more endearing. This is the storyline Goto should have, not fucking Okada Okada Okada Okada Okada.

Cena's "worst year ever" was shitty because Cena still won most of his matches. He lost like maybe 2 mildly important matches. I for one want to see Okadas redemption because, if handled properly, could make for some fun matches with Okada in the underdog role

I'd guess people care about an Okada's redemption storyline because he and Tanahashi did such a great job of telling their story Tokyo Dome.

Unless you literally watched multiple PPVs with your fingers in your ears, I'm really not sure how you missed it. Especially in Osaka.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd guess people care about an Okada's redemption storyline because he and Tanahashi did such a great job of telling their story Tokyo Dome.

I know plenty of people who consider that match underwhelming and dragged on for way too long. People on this very forum. I'm not buying the 'redemption' of the gimmicked character who was handed everything. Just seems like the entire promotion centers around Okada. And we all hate it when the WWE does that.

Other than a match involving Doc Gallows and a clusterfuck jrs tag match, it was the most forgettable match on the card. More forgettable than a match involving Togi Makabe.

I know plenty of people who consider that match underwhelming and dragged on for way too long. People on this very forum.

Other than a match involving Doc Gallows and a clusterfuck jrs tag match, it was the most forgettable match on the card. More forgettable than a match involving Togi Makabe.

Hah, well it was my match of the night and my current match of the year. Many people who go in for that star rating stuff gave it the full *****. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, mate.

I'm not buying the 'redemption' of the gimmicked character who was handed everything.

The character wasn't handed anything, the character earned it. Also, perhaps you should have paid closer attention to the main event of WK9, as the storyline of Okada being shown up as a pretender to Tanahashi's throne was pretty much perfect.

Just seems like the entire promotion centers around Okada. And we all hate it when the WWE does that.

It works when the majority of your audience wants to see the guy you're pushing in that position, rather than half the audience (or at least a vocal minority) flat-out despising him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And another thing, it's getting harder to watch modern joshi. A lot of the more unique wrestlers have retired and now the roster is 'wrestlers'(ie no personality and nothing unique about them like io shirai or arisa nakajima(who might as well be the same person), past their prime joshis who seemed to only be booked as goofy comedy spots ie aja and ozaki, rookies who are constantly booked like shit because they're rookies and hiroyo and tsubasa. Syuri has lost some of her appeal just because once she started working other promotions, they kept booking her in too many throwaway 6 man tag matches and i'd much rather see her in 1 vs 1 matches. It sounds like Naenae Takahashi might be planning to retire before the end of the year as she's been looking more and more at managing.

So that pretty much just leaves Tsubasa, AKINO, and Hiroyo unless some of those rookies are able to stand out this year. I'm getting pretty bored of Kimura just because the 'cheating joshi heels' always seem to act so generic. Yep, I liked it 20 years ago when Dump did it. Maybe you should do something different instead.

On the one hand, I don't think I've seen anyone do this before, but on the other hand, why wouldn't you just do a regular front flip senton from the other side?

eRpjpzF.gif

Good rotation, though.

Here's how I would do Mania: Have Bryan beat Reigns at Fastlane due to interference from Rollins. This leads to Lesnar/Bryan for the title and Reigns/Rollins for the briefcase. Reigns wins the briefcase after a bullshit finish while Bryan takes Leanar to the limit and narrowly wins the title. Mania ends with a refreshed Reigns cashing in on a severely injured Bryan, reinforcing the narrative that Reigns basically had everything handed to him while Bryan had to work his as off to get where he is. Book Reigns as an arrogant heel for the rest of the year until the fans start cheer him. Bryan and Rollins would both remain in the title picture after Mania.

Aiii

So not worth it
Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella don't use condoms, or birth control (because that's "putting chemicals in your body"), so they use the old-fashioned pull-out method, Brie says.

Nikki is now upset, because they're jeopardizing her career.

Total Divas is great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Don't tuck your head."

Does AJ need this tattooed onto the other side of his body so his co-workers can get the picture already?

'Don't do the thing you've been mentally trained your entire career over the span of years and years for this one shitty looking move.' Especially when he's working with a bunch of new people he's never worked with before.

also wasn't there even reports that AJ himself wanted to change it but Gedo said 'no' because he wants it to be Ganso Bomb 2.0 or something?

Chopper

Here's how I would do Mania: Have Bryan beat Reigns at Fastlane due to interference from Rollins. This leads to Lesnar/Bryan for the title and Reigns/Rollins for the briefcase. Reigns wins the briefcase after a bullshit finish while Bryan takes Leanar to the limit and narrowly wins the title. Mania ends with a refreshed Reigns cashing in on a severely injured Bryan, reinforcing the narrative that Reigns basically had everything handed to him while Bryan had to work his as off to get where he is. Book Reigns as an arrogant heel for the rest of the year until the fans start cheer him. Bryan and Rollins would both remain in the title picture after Mania.
Sounds good to me!

Total Divas is great.

I watched a bit of it where Eva was umming and ahing about whether to get surgery or risk her implants exploding and thought "man, how fucking dense do you have to be for the Bellas to be the voices of reason in your life?". Had to turn it off, reality TV does my head in.

also wasn't there even reports that AJ himself wanted to change it but Gedo said 'no' because he wants it to be Ganso Bomb 2.0 or something?

In one of the newsletters Meltzer said something about the Styles Clash being more over with the audience because of how dangerous it potentially is, but that's more to do with the mentality of the Japanese and how they perceive wrestling. Styles said no one's ever mentioned changing the move to him, but he'd have been happy to use the Calf Killer as his main finisher if they had asked him to.

Gonzalez

Banned
'Don't do the thing you've been mentally trained your entire career over the span of years and years for this one shitty looking move.' Especially when he's working with a bunch of new people he's never worked with before.
Where were the critics when Tana was regularly using the move?

Really it's not shocking at this point that the only guy to be severely injured by the Clash was a guy who spent a good portion of his career in the WWE developmental system.

That makes it sound like don't blame AJ, blame Gedo then.

In any case AJ could come up with another move just as impactful for the crowd, dude is flying at the moment.

Aiii

So not worth it
I watched a bit of it where Eva was umming and ahing about whether to get surgery or risk her implants exploding and thought "man, how fucking dense do you have to be for the Bellas to be the voices of reason in your life?". Had to turn it off, reality TV does my head in.

Oh, you definitely have to treat it as a parody comedy set in an alternate reality. It's great.

Cameron just got really upset when Alicia Fox said she thought it was really good that she went back to NXT to train for a while, because she was really bad and kind of a liability in the ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Better finisher. Safer finisher.
V0xWqoM.gif

I don't blame AJ, or I don't intend to, for the move and what's happened to it. I do think it's smart to 'book' around a move being dangerous as it's obviously worked many times before in Japan and in the US. But I think that move has always looks stupid, and it's not a move worth that risk. Because even the most trained wrestler can have that momentary lapse of judgement and think 'tuck my head' because they've not worked with AJ often so being in that kind of position, the natural thought is 'tuck my head.' Though I think he should give them a couple more seconds when he hooks their arms with his legs to make them think about it and get over him 'stalling' to deliver this 'DANGERRROUSSS' move

I'd be more on board with it though if Nogami brought back DANGEROUSSS for AJ. Who knew AJ Styles would be the second coming of Kawada.

Fox318

#AllRedEverything

Although everything shouldn't be that red. Maybe she should have a doctor check that out.
Apperently in the WWE women can't have the same hair color because our monkey brains would confuse them.

She looks so much better with brown hair.

Also it's women making that decision with people like steph leading the way.

rrc1594

Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella don't use condoms, or birth control (because that's "putting chemicals in your body"), so they use the old-fashioned pull-out method, Brie says.

Total Divas is great.

That's not PG

MC Safety

I watched Total Divas on Hulu.

Someone should forcibly stop Nikki and Brie from saying "The Bella brand."

The true stars of the show are Nattie, Nattie's cat, Jay Uso, and John Cena.

Gonzalez

Banned

Total Divas is great.
Ewwww... They probably go through a ton of stain sticks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The modern WWE 'big guy'/power wrestler types are so fucking boring except for Brock. Baron Corbin is just 'I am tall and that is it here is my dumb finisher', Dempsey is just like a bland fatty brawler, Steen's power offense has never looked that great and i can't imagine how it'll look compared to bigger WWE guys as opposed to indie dudes though he has more potential than guys like Corbin, Rusev just wrestles like a Samoan but without some of the sweet samoan drops, Roman's not strong at all, Ryback's not strong at all, Swagger is just a tall technical/mat wrestler, Big E is just... I don't even know. For such a strong guy I rarely ever see him doing anything amazing. This one hurts the most because Big E should be the second coming of Scott Norton.

Harper's like the only standout I can think of. Rowan has potential but the both of them looked better in tag teams. Shit, Bray has more intimidating powerful offense than guys that are twice his size in the WWE.

Watching Sekimoto, watching old Steiners matches, watching Scott Norton matches, watching Vader matches and SST matches and none of what the WWE is currently offering is as awe inspiring. I can't believe I'm saying this but even Lashley is more exciting than any of those guys.

You watch Lashley in TNA and he's likely to hit more power moves per-match than any one 'big guy' wrestler in WWE. They're too fucking afraid of powerbombs and suplexes.

Top Bottom