• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Alucard

Banned
Not feeling the ROH show at all, and it's ROH, so I doubt they'll actually have a good-looking setup. Hopefully they do, but they seem to be cursed by having low-end venues that can't actually use the lighting rig they bought.

You're not feeling The Young Bucks vs. reDRagon and Alberto El Patrón vs. Jay Lethal? Weird. Think this is their best card since All-Star Extravaganza 6 where Elgin lost the belt.

Hasney

Don't we usually shit on WCW or WWE for booking something that
basically resets everything we just did? Isn't that the origin of 'fuck you, we got your money
?

I'm fine with that when done well. Hell, I was fine with it when
Russo and Bischoff did it to start off the New Blood story.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm only bothered by one of the spoilers, but I'm REALLY bothered by it. The other two, I kind of understand or at least can disagree but see where they're going with it. I'm going to assume
Shibata punched Tanahashi or Gedo backstage prior

Reports say Honma/Ibushi is very good.

I'm only bothered by one of the spoilers, but I'm REALLY bothered by it. The other two, I kind of understand or at least can disagree but see where they're going with it. I'm going to assume
Shibata punched Tanahashi or Gedo backstage prior

That's the one I'm most annoyed about, mainly because
Goto & Shibata winning the belts was such a cool moment. I like the idea of Bullet Club getting everything back in one night, but wish Meiyu Tag got at least one awesome defence of the tag belts. Styles getting the IWGP back makes sense if they're going down the route of Okada winning the NJC and challenging Styles at Invasion Attack

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Akitoshi Saito & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Tatsuhito Takaiwa

AKA Hosses hoss a hoss into a hoss match, brother.

Also, NOAH is fairly enjoyable now, but they have GOT to get the title off of Marufuji. He is so boring as a champion. Suzuki could obviously work, he's the only guy currently there who I think would work as an invader champion. It's hard to get into who I would like to see with it without going into the juniors territory. Like Harada is small, but I absolutely could see him winning it. He's just so talented. Maybe Nakajima though he's very old school and lacks 'star power'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The state of Saito's fucking garbage bag pants. The state of Saito in general.

Previously in this thread I've nominated him for worst look in wrestling. You don't look like a bancho punk, you don't look like an old man, you don't look like a pretty boy, you don't look like a 'i do a lot of martial arts' guy. You don't fit any modern Japanese wrestler look.

Saito and Yoshie should be in a stable called The Badly Dressed Dudes With Tudes.

What subscription services (WWE Network, Marvel Unlimited, Crunchyroll) are you guys signed up for and what's your total monthly bill?

I'm not sign up for squat.

Netflix 9
Hulu plus 8
Amazon Prime 49-79 Yearly
Right now I also have trials for Sling tv (20) and WWE network (9.99).

It seems like a lot but it's still less than paying for cable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember yesterday how I talked about the fact that only Takayama and Sasaki have won all 3 prmotions major heavyweight championships? How great would it be if Suzuki beat Marufuji, won G1, and won the IWGP title at the same time. Outside of the ghost of Shinya Hashimoto, that's the only person I could totally believe being able to do that.

I have turned around on
AJ ____________________________
but the fact of the matter is he never should have
never lost the title in the first place.

RP912

Banned
What subscription services (WWE Network, Marvel Unlimited, Crunchyroll) are you guys signed up for and what's your total monthly bill?

I'm not sign up for squat.

Netflix with HD- 8.99
NJPWorld- 8.40 to 50 ish

Thats it...I was going to resign to UFCpass for some Pride but meh.

I have turned around on
AJ ____________________________
but the fact of the matter is he never should have
never lost the title in the first place.

I think they
pussied out of having AJ in the WK9 main event and have now reset to do the NJPW vs Bullet Club storyline they originally wanted to
. Probably not the best way of going about it, all things considered.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's on me for not watching NJPW yet, but those spoilers kinda bum me out. But I will take the Aiii route and I'll wait and see how it all plays out. What's the consensus on the show itself? Positive, great wrestles? Match of the evening?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's on me for not watching NJPW yet, but those spoilers kinda bum me out. But I will take the Aiii route and I'll wait and see how it all plays out. What's the consensus on the show itself? Positive, great wrestles? Match of the evening?

Honma/Ibushi is supposedly the best match of the show.

Call me old fashioned, but I'm gonna watch the show first before writing it off and condemning the direction they're taking.

People forget how sour people were with the first half of last year. Remember Bad Luck Fale's push? Remember the Gracie family bullshit wasting our time and Nakamura's talents?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honma/Ibushi is supposedly the best match of the show.

Can't wait, then
flwgy5M.gif

People forget how sour people were with the first half of last year. Remember Bad Luck Fale's push? Remember the Gracie family bullshit wasting our time and Nakamura's talents?

Gracie shit was absolute shit, but Fale needed it and it did help him out a bunch. I enjoy Fale.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not sure if Akebono is growing on me or if it's just that I'm so desperate for people to like in AJPW other than Suwama.

See cause when I see Akebono in Zero-1 it's like 'uggghhh' but when I see him in AJPW it's like 'hey, it's Akebono!'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if Akebono is growing on me or if it's just that I'm so desperate for people to like in AJPW other than Suwama.

See cause when I see Akebono in Zero-1 it's like 'uggghhh' but when I see him in AJPW it's like 'hey, it's Akebono!'

It's that Ribera sponsorship. Every time you see him you think of delicious steak. Eventually it whittles you down.

I haven't watched AJPW in a while, how's Atsushi Aoki doing? Always thought he was pretty impressive as a technical sort-of wrestler in NOAH, but he didn't get many opportunities.

Tonight is the night

The only WWE title that matters is going to be defended this evening

I was going to make a joke about the NXT tag titles and then realised that I'm finding myself most intrigued by the women's title situation myself so I guess there's something for everyone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to make a joke about the NXT tag titles and then realised that I'm finding myself most intrigued by the women's title situation myself so I guess there's something for everyone.

Yes sir, my fine feathered friend. I'm actually gonna miss the show tonight, which is a shame, and will try my best to avoid getting it spoiled - but I think that's an impossibility.

Lots of good wrestles to view this week.

Sephzilla

I should update my comment then - tonight the only two titles in WWE that matter are being defended tonight. It's a shame the NXT tag division is so thin, because if they could make the tag division big then NXT would 100% overshadow WWE at this point. Granted, I think NXTs tag division is still more interesting than WWE's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't watched AJPW in a while, how's Atsushi Aoki doing? Always thought he was pretty impressive as a technical sort-of wrestler in NOAH, but he didn't get many opportunities.

The few times I've seen him, he's just kind of there. Keeps himself to himself. AJPW has that problem a lot. Not many standout talents. Not bad, just nothing about them is very noticeable. I mean when Kotaro Suzuki is one of your more 'stand out' guys in terms of just being unique and captivating, that says a lot. Not a knock against Kotaro, just that he's never been that much of a charisma/flashy guy himself.

Suwama vs Akebono is super good.

imBask

Banned
why the hell are you guys talking about the divas when we have 2 killer main event

I like Sasha and Charlotte but Bailey and Becky ruin the whole division for me

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
why the hell are you guys talking about the divas when we have 2 killer main event

I like Sasha and Charlotte but Bailey and Becky ruin the whole division for me

Becky has "it" - just needs to fit right, and she'll find what works right.

Hoping for a run-in from Blue Pants tonight but I don't reckon it will happen.

Yes sir, my fine feathered friend. I'm actually gonna miss the show tonight, which is a shame, and will try my best to avoid getting it spoiled - but I think that's an impossibility.

Lots of good wrestles to view this week.
You'd have to abandon this thread entirely to avoid the spoilers, the last Takeover aired 3 or 4 days later in the UK and I don't think I successfully avoided anything for 3 or 4 minutes after the show actually happened.

I should update my comment then - tonight the only two titles in WWE that matter are being defended tonight. It's a shame the NXT tag division is so thin, because if they could make the tag division big then NXT would 100% overshadow WWE at this point. Granted, I think NXTs tag division is still more interesting than WWE's.
It's been hard for me to get into their tag division as it has the same sparse team problem as the main roster so more than any of the titles on NXT it feels like the one that's just getting passed on to the next team that turns up.

But yeah, still more interesting that WWE's.

Sephzilla

Becky has "it" - just needs to fit right, and she'll find what works right.

Hoping for a run-in from Blue Pants tonight but I don't reckon it will happen.

Becky is down near Carmella territory for me right now. Her character is lifeless, I know nothing about her besides she's a heel because she's with Sasha, and I can't remember a single thing from any match of hers ever. I remember her more for her one-off horrible Irish jig gimmick.

If Wrasslegaf sponsored a wrestler who would it be?

Steal WWE poll idea

BULL

BULL

BULL

If they ever let Becky do any of her fancy Euro chain wrestling stuff, I guarantee WrassleGAF will fall in love with her. Y'know, unless you're one of those weirdos who hates fancy Euro chain wrestling.

Aiii

So not worth it
Becky has been improving. Now that she dropped all the hyper-active stuff she's been a lot more fun to watch. If she keeps on this track, she'll be just fine.

That said, it's still Bayley's time tonight. She's been passed by way too long.

Either way, I don't see Charlotte retaining another time. It's probably close to her being called up anyways.

Top Bottom