• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

joelseph

If Wrasslegaf sponsored a wrestler who would it be?

Steal WWE poll idea

B2r4bg5CIAA2fi4.jpg

Fact

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If they ever let Becky do any of her fancy Euro chain wrestling stuff, I guarantee WrassleGAF will fall in love with her. Y'know, unless you're one of those weirdos who hates fancy Euro chain wrestling.

You mean "sports entertainment fans"? It'll never get over pal!

I still think inside she'll find a gimmick that works just right. Not that I'm any sort of authority, but I think she's 50% there. Not sure what's next...

From a rustlin' perspective she's ready, absolutely and of course. But it's all about character and seeing how she works in different storylines, which is also why a ton of the NXT talent are held back for a while - timing + people trying to see how the character will feel when turned, when forced into different situations, etc. It's fun.

Ithil

Becky needs to be a face, for starters. Rebecca Knox was a great heel and all, but Becky doesn't feel right as a heel in NXT.

Aiii

So not worth it
Becky utterly sucked when she was a face. Her heel turn is what made her better, how can you want her to turn back?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've made a decision like 10 years in the making also. Marufuji gets to join KENTA in the 'nah, you kinda suck' bracket. I have let him coast for too long. I kept him in the 'He's had some good matches, so it's just that he doesn't try.' But time after time he has disappointed me. And now with the main title of the promotion, he continues to unimpress me. The point where he absolutely HAS to impress me, he doesn't. It's like him and KENTA stopped training after 2005. Roman Reigns and Ryback have 'had some good matches' but they still get in the 'you kinda suck' category for me because the quality was diluted after they kept having all these dull matches afterwards. And no matter how many times you book yourself to tag with Nakamura, it's not going to make you cooler. You're not more over because of this, Marufuji. You're just in the ring who's really over and happen to be tagging with. So Marufuji is actively on my dislike list now that I'm more into NOAH again.

Unrelated old man striations.
B7Js0mCCUAAeUhI.jpg

That's a funny way of showing two highly trained catch wrestlers engaging in friendly wrestling competition, following rules laid down by Lord-Admiral Mountevens in 1947.

My current MOTY got good after the chain wrestling bullshit stopped. Just sayin. Gonna hit Sabre with a newspaper every time he tries to start with that.

didn't watch raw *despite lurkin' in wrasslechat* but listening to review-a-raw it sounds like the miz segment might be must watch. As long as you aren't trying to jump onto him on the outside, Miz seems on fire right now.

I'm ok with chain wrestling if it's a 30 second sequence at the beginning of the match and then never done again

That's the side of it I don't like - wrestlers doing chain stuff when they aren't really trained in it just because it's the 'done thing' at the beginning of matches. Also, guys like Colt & Quack doing chain spots 50% slower than they're intended.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'm sure he has plenty to showcase. But given that it's the WWE, Creative continues to have nothing for him.

He shouldn't feel too bad. They clearly have nothing for anyone, either. And they both could be sullying their names in The New Day. So it could always be worse.
Best case scenario is they get the JTG treatment and collect paychecks for the next 5 years for doing nothing.

The best thing about RAW this week is listening to Bryan, Vinny and Craig take a collective shit on the show in audio form. Meltzer was a good little apologist like always in his podcast with Mike.

Fixed that for you.

Full Smackdown spoilers. A 5-segment show with the last long one being the only one worth watching. And Daniel Bryan looks strong.

Kane and Big Show got the tag teams together to hype tonight's Tag Team Turmoil including Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns.

1. Bray Wyatt defeated R-Truth via pinfall after Sister Abigail.

2. Paige beat Summer Rae via submission. The Bella Twins were out on commentary. Paige won via submission with the PTO. Paige yelled at the Bellas after the match. Paige got a solid pop as she came out, but the crowd was dead for the match.

3. Fandango defeated Adam Rose via pinfall after a top rope leg drop. After the match, Rose beat up some Rosebuds.

A Rusev and John Cena recap from Raw was shown.

4. Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns in a Tag Team Turmoil match. It started with Bryan and Reigns vs. Miz and Mizdow. The crowd LOVES Mizdow. Lots of unplanned tags with both teams, and Reigns/Bryan won as Bryan got a pinfall over Miz after a running high knee.
The Usos came out next. The crowd was unsure who to root for, but a Daniel Bryan chant broke out midway. A long, slow, and boring match with lots of tag drama. Great ending sequence with chaos and suicide dives that ended with Bryan and Reigns winning via submission with the Yes Lock. Afterward, Reigns broke the hold and was angry with Bryan for not releasing the hold fast enough.
Los Matadores were out next. A very quick match that saw Bryan and Reigns win via submission with the Yes Lock.

Slater Gator lasted about 45 seconds and fell by pinfall after a spear by Reigns.
Konnor and Viktor come out after a short break. The Ascension dominated the match and hit the Fall of Man on Bryan before pulling Reigns into the ring. They were prevented from attacking him by a phalanx of referees. A DQ maybe?

Big Show and Kane came out while Reigns and Bryan still down and out. It was back and forth for a bit with Bryan playing babyface in peril until the tag team issues infected Show and Kane. Bryan reversed a chokeslam into a Yes Lock, which led to Kane making the save and getting KO punched. Reigns hit a spear, which was followed by Bryan with a running knee and a pin. They celebrated in the ring and looked meaningfully at the WrestleMania sign. Daniel Bryan led a Yes! chant to end the show.

Loving the attention to detail with Reigns being upset at Bryan for not releasing the hold on the USOs fast enough; Reigns grew up as more or less the third Uso (the WWE network special on the Usos is really good, IMO) - grew up and played with them since he was a little kid.

I'm digging the Reigns tweener thing. He has one epic promo in him against Bryan I think - but it would probably melt down the internet if he cut it (could rightfully point out that Bryan helped out the Authority by guilting Reigns into giving his title shot up for grabs at Fast Lane rather than demanding his own title shot elsewhere down the line). Stick Reigns back with Ambrose; have Reigns beat Rusev for the US Title (Rusev beats Cena clean at Fast Lane) and Ambrose beat Barrett for the IC title. Have an easy story reason for why Ambrose / Reigns don't go after the tag title belts (Reigns and Usos are like brothers, and Dean respects that).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a part in Takayama vs Kobashi where Takayama just starts kneeing Kobashi's arm. It might be my favorite part of the whole match.

Also, I don't know if I've said it, but I'm really not a fan of TMDK.

Sephzilla

Becky has been improving. Now that she dropped all the hyper-active stuff she's been a lot more fun to watch. If she keeps on this track, she'll be just fine.

That said, it's still Bayley's time tonight. She's been passed by way too long.

Either way, I don't see Charlotte retaining another time. It's probably close to her being called up anyways.

Yeah, 0% chance Charlotte retains tonight. This is probably her last hurrah in NXT before getting called up. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte gets fast tracked into the Diva's title picture for Mania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I was wrong about Assassin's Creed Unity. It's the best goddamned Assassin's Creed game ever.

scabro

CJ Parker is legit great.

His theme is awesome, the pose the fans do during his entrance is hilarious, his finisher looks fucking hilarious.

He might be the perfect mid card jobber.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_njlfwvxaO81qa6duho1_540.jpg

CJ Parker is legit great.

His theme is awesome, the pose the fans do during his entrance is hilarious, his finisher looks fucking hilarious.

He might be the perfect mid card jobber.

Yes sir. He's great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But it doesn't have the sailing, does it?

I wish they'd remove the assassin shit from AC4, add a detailed economy and trading system and just turn it into a pirate simulator.

You trying to say East India Trading Company isn't action-packed enough for you? For real though, Unity...is pretty goddamned amazing.

Also, look at this:
tumblr_njlfmk0zPv1qf7xjao1_540.png

Goddamn Ricochet looks 0 years old. Crazy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
isfOPnH.gif

The best part about SZKG in NOAH is that it's letting them shine instead of being pushed aside for Bullet Club like they were in NJPW(Suzuki aside). Archer, Taichi, Desperado, and Taka especially. But Suzuki has GOT to get away from Marufuji. He is dragging him down.

It's Sasha's night, friends. You can't do the "heel chases the face for the title" storyline, that doesn't work, especially against Bayley, an underdog face to begin with.

also FUCK that one particular NJPW spoiler,
Gallows and Anderson? Fuck outta here

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't you see Total Divas when they announced the Mania Battle Royale? Everyone had -A- Wrestlemania moment. It means a lot to the WWE Divas.

Sephzilla

Well, helping HHH take his robe off probably would be a more memorable appearance than being in a Diva battle royal.

This isn't wrong.

Charlotte, Alexa, and Sasha being part of HHH's boss entrance will be more memorable than the Diva Battle Royal from the same show.

Becky seems talented enough, but her gimmick is fucking awful. The whole "rocker chick" thing is at least a decade too late. When she does the headbanging and metal horns before that leg drop or whatever, all I can do is cringe.

But it gave Corey Graves a nice moment on commentary when he ripped her about how much of a poseur she appeared to be.

Haha, I missed that. I don't keep up with NXT as much as I should.

Becky seems talented enough, but her gimmick is fucking awful. The whole "rocker chick" thing is at least a decade too late. When she does the headbanging and metal horns before that leg drop or whatever, all I can do is cringe.

But it gave Corey Graves a nice moment on commentary when he ripped her about how much of a poseur she appeared to be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

If she wants to be metal she needs to be a little more serious.
iTASRkp.png

zRgLKsR.png

Bees7jr.png

Top Bottom