• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Kaladin

Damn Skippy!

tumblr_nj368bn9J61sx191ko1_500.png

That guy is one of the biggest disappointments in the past five years of wrestling IMO. You get into WWE and you fucking waste it.

Good job.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Meiko vs Hamada is apparnetly going to happen in WAVE
f.gif

tumblr_mjoppiqKGt1qjyr3go1_400.gif

Meiko is beast and Hamada is probably the best womens wrestler in the world, so that's awesome.

Kaladin

Perhaps their WWE "KO" monikers have linked them, all the weight Owens loses, Hero gains.

Thing about Owens though, his weight adds to his character. It makes him look like a schoolyard bully you wouldn't want to fuck with.

Hero on the other hand, his weight makes him look like a pudgy waste.

joelseph

I wouldn't give them a full 2 hour, but 1h30 sounds pretty damn good! They tend to rush some matches and try to stack a whole lot of things in a 1 hour show

You bring up a good point. Half the matches are 30 second squash fests. I would be okay with 30 more minutes as long as they didn't front load the show with story like Vince loves to do on RAW.

Ithil

Thing about Owens though, his weight adds to his character. It makes him look like a schoolyard bully you wouldn't want to fuck with.

Sure, but at some points Owens has just looked like a fat guy, especially in the last couple of years in ROH. Better to have a Vader type build than just "fatass" build, which is what he's probably working towards.
No need to have him with a Bálor type look.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vader had big buff arms though. Vader had a large build but it was solid. Didn't jiggle much. Owens is closer to a Gordy type.

Hero looks like Buddy Rose before Buddy Rose started to look real bad.

imBask

Banned
Sure, but at some points Owens has just looked like a fat guy, especially in the last couple of years in ROH. Better to have a Vader type build than just "fatass" build, which is what he's probably working towards.
No need to have him with a Bálor type look.

Bray is straight up fat and Vince is in love with him, i'm not worried about weight

XenoRaven

Hero probably should have made more of an effort but the new star of the company has to wear a vest to hide where his flab spills over his pants.

Also I think "Samoan genes" has become a meme at this point.

Cagey

Banned
Bray is straight up fat and Vince is in love with him, i'm not worried about weight

Bray's a fatty but he's also a significantly bigger dude, in terms of overall size (6'3 300 to 6' 260) and build (Bray is a former offensive lineman, Owens is a former fat kid and current fat adult) and he has a better look.

I'm not concerned either, but I don't know what the comparison for Owens is in recent WWE.

With Owens, it's the complete look. The scowl, the five o'clock shadow, the body mannerisms: it all screams asshole bully who needs to be taken down a peg. At least when he was younger, he was able to back it up with stuff you don't expect from a guy his size (senton, 450 splash, moonsault, somersault leg drop) and impactful moves (cannonball, package piledriver).

Ithil

Bray's football fat, though. He looks (and is ) strong.
As I said, Owens should keep the husky look, just drop the excess and put on more muscle mass. He already seems to be training for that.

Top Bottom