• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

I love watching Ikeda vs Ishikawa. These mother fuckers hate each other so much.

Both guys were so good, it makes me sad that they couldn't make a success of BattlARTS and Futen. And that Munenori Sawa retired.

Speaking of Gary Hart, I see Court Bauer confirmed that the reprint of his book most likely isn't going to happen - seeing as an original copy will cost you anything from $200 to $1000 and that a PDF version is now out there in the wild, I'd say it's fair game. Can't wait to read it, so many people have talked it up.

Vince has a history of fucking over fan favorites, of pushing 'the wrong guy', of his guy getting booed. And he has that while still being number 1. Everyone booed Hogan eliminating Sid. Guess which wrestling company was still number 1? Everyone booed John Cena beating Kurt. Guess which wrestling company was still number 1? Some people say it's lack of competition for Vince that makes him not come up with anything creative. I think that's giving Vince and Creative a little too much credit. But the reality of it is, why should he? Why should he try when suckers keep watching? Ratings go up and down, but ratings ALWAYS go up and down. There's never going to be another Attitude Era spike so until Vince starts doing under a million, there's no worries about if WWE will still be here. It always will be.

Because people will still watch. They'll tweet memes, they'll tweet hashtags, they'll do whatever it is. But they will still watch. Why? Look at this very forum. There will be that ONE Raw, that ONE superstar you like and that will somehow make you justify the weeks and weeks of garbage before and after. If you don't like indie wrestling, if you don't like lucha libre, if you don't like puroresu, and if you don't like the modern WWE product, I don't know why you follow to be honest. For the 'chance' of something great to happen? I don't watch WWE but I read this thread enough to know that it will be pretty god damn obvious if something great happens.

I just don't see the point in watching WWE when the product is constantly antagonistic to you and when you know your opinion doesn't matter. It never will at the end of the day when it comes to the WWE. It's not 'fun to pick apart' because it's bland. Old CZW is fun to pick apart because it's so awful in such varying ways. Usually WWE's awfulness is just 'oh they did the predictable thing. oh this feud doesn't mean anything. oh.' that's not a fun thing to rip on. Kinda like Stro said, like Bootaaay has said and othersi n here have said in the past, I don't really get the point of watching something if you hate it and it proves that you hate it time and time again. And that's not to say that people should stop watching WWE if they enjoy it. I'm happy people enjoy it. I really do try my best not to shit on it if they like it. I only do that for stuff like The Young Bucks. but really, I've been trying to be better about it.

but yeah, I don't get it.
QFT

somedevil

Well Zayn just posted on twitter that
he is off to the middle east. So he won't be at the taping tonight. So he is going to be gone 3 or 4 weeks.

Slizeezyc

kuUOt3O.gif

You do NOT touch the Boss' title right after she wins it.

That GTFO shove away may be my favorite singular moment of the night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Both guys were so good, it makes me sad that they couldn't make a success of BattlARTS and Futen. And that Munenori Sawa retired.

Speaking of Gary Hart, I see Court Bauer confirmed that the reprint of his book most likely isn't going to happen - seeing as an original copy will cost you anything from $200 to $1000 and that a PDF version is now out there in the wild, I'd say it's fair game. Can't wait to read it, so many people have talked it up.
I can't get into BattlARTS even though I've been watching a bunch of it. I just don't have time for it. I'm currently sitting on
NJPW(current)
NOAH(current and some of 2014 to catch up on stuff like the Harada/Kotoge feud)
Zero-1(current)
FREEDOMS(current) and maybe some BJW here and there
Pro Wrestling WAVE(current) hard to keep up with. Can't wait to see Hamada vs Shida and Hamada vs Meiko.
AJPW(current) which I just recently started trying to watch again due to Tenryu's retirement.
NOAH(2004-2006) mostly matches I missed during the time.
WCCW 'greatest' discs of which there are hundreds and hundreds
AJW 80s(mostly Dump's stuff)

That's a lot of wrestling.

I've been looking for it as well though I wish they had some sort of way to donate to the estate or something. Gary Hart never got what he deserved as a manager. He could have easily been considered one of the best of all time if he worked for Vince. He even made the Brody/Abdullah feud bearable. Which, to this day, I hold is Brody's only bad feud. Ironically, it is Brody's most famous feud.

jmdajr

I don't hate the product. There is nothing for me to literally hate. I can't get worked up about stuff like this, it's just silly. Sure every once in awhile they will do something that is just insanely baffling like the RR, but I am not gonna start a movement or write WWE an angry letter.

Sometimes a movie or tv show will simply be not good, Or a sporting event won't be good. But shit..I'm still gonna watch NFL. (maybe my team will win next week)

But yes if I literally hated the product I would not watch it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

God damn I love Gary Hart. His speaking voice and cadence is so excellent. He's so menacing when he needs to be, but still talks to people like they're idiots.

And that's awesome news that there's a PDF out there. Hearing Court say it's basically dead was the final confirmation for me that it'll never happen. Nobody out there wanted it more than Court, and if he can't make it happen, nobody can. I'm dying to read it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gary Hart sounds like Arn Anderson looks like.

You just carry on like normal then he gets serious, and you're like 'fuck, he's going to kill me'

Sephzilla

I'm honestly close to cutting off WWE. The last few months I watch Raw a lot less and even when I do I usually do something else while it's on and only actually watch when something I give a shit about is on. I'll stick around till Mania to see the Sting and Taker stuff and see what they do with Bryan this year, but I'm pretty close to NXT only at this point.

Google 'Gary Hart PDF', it's available at the second link down.

I've been looking for it as well though I wish they had some sort of way to donate to the estate or something. Gary Hart never got what he deserved as a manager. He could have easily been considered one of the best of all time if he worked for Vince. He even made the Brody/Abdullah feud bearable. Which, to this day, I hold is Brody's only bad feud. Ironically, it is Brody's most famous feud.

Yeah, Abby stabbing Brody in the eye was pretty gnarly looking, though. Apparently Hart's family want to see the book republished, the roadblock is with the co-author who doesn't believe there's enough interest in a reprint or even an ebook, in spite of the fact that second hand copies are selling for silly money.

jmdajr

That's why DVRs are great. Fast Foward whatever you don't want to see.

Like I used to fast forward every single Matt Hardy match on Smackdown.

XenoRaven

I don't hate the product. There is nothing for me to literally hate. I can't get worked up about stuff like this, it's just silly. Sure every once in awhile they will do something that is just insanely baffling like the RR, but I am not gonna start a movement or write WWE an angry letter.

Sometimes a movie or tv show will simply be not good, Or a sporting event won't be good. But shit..I'm still gonna watch NFL. (maybe my team will win next week)

But yes if I literally hated the product I would not watch it.
You don't complain every week though. You genuinely find joy in the show, and that's a good thing.

Dragonzord's post was about people who consistently complain and still watch. It's a weird thing to see, but I understand it because I fell in that trap for a couple years.

Also sorry Dragonzord but you'll always be Dragonzord to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You don't complain every week though. You genuinely find joy in the show, and that's a good thing.

Dragonzord's post was about people who consistently complain and still watch. It's a weird thing to see, but I understand it because I fell in that trap for a couple years.

You're the gaf version of people who chant husky harris.
Yeah, Abby stabbing Brody in the eye was pretty gnarly looking, though. Apparently Hart's family want to see the book republished, the roadblock is with the co-author who doesn't believe there's enough interest in a reprint or even an ebook, in spite of the fact that second hand copies are selling for silly money.

It would make its money back in Texas in the first week it would go up for sale.

Sephzilla

After thinking about it for a few more minutes I actually think a big reason I still stick to WWE is because of WrassleGAF. Last time WWE got to unwatchable levels in the mid/late 00's I didn't have you guys for enhancement talent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Google 'Gary Hart PDF', it's available at the second link down.

Thank you. I'm ready, goddammit, so ready to read this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After thinking about it for a few more minutes I actually think a big reason I still stick to WWE is because of WrassleGAF. Last time WWE got to unwatchable levels in the mid/late 00's I didn't have you guys for enhancement talent.

Why is it you don't try any of the alternatives? What are they lacking in your eyes?

jmdajr

I googled some old Wrestlemania threads on GAF and man, it was a ghost town. This place has grown so much.

Sephzilla

Why is it you don't try any of the alternatives? What are they lacking in your eyes?

Honestly? I think part of the problem is that WWF/WWE is something I've always watched since I was a kid, so there's a bit of a nostalgic attachment. I do seriously need to start watching Lucha Underground though, I hear nothing but positive things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly? I think part of the problem is that WWF/WWE is something I've always watched since I was a kid, so there's a bit of a nostalgic attachment. I do seriously need to start watching Lucha Underground though, I hear nothing but positive things.

So it's because you pretty much already know and are familiar with the cast - gotcha.

jmdajr

The woman who hopped the guard rail during NXT Takeover: Rival last night and jumped on Tyler Breeze was Gionna Daddio. Daddio is a former Hooters model and has been signed with WWE for a few months.

Shiv47

Guys, just saw a news story speculating that Undertaker is set to return on the first Raw after Fastlane, which is probably pretty likely, based on the last couple years.

Question is, how would y'all book him against Bray considering where he's at right now?

It's going to be bad either way, unless Bray crushes him the way he should. Why bother having washed up Taker go over Bray, and what does beating washed up Taker do for Bray? It's pointless.

Ithil

UgZILT0.gif

Kaladin

The woman who hopped the guard rail during NXT Takeover: Rival last night and jumped on Tyler Breeze was Gionna Daddio. Daddio is a former Hooters model and has been signed with WWE for a few months.

That was a cool spot, especially with how Breeze worked it.

jmdajr

Miz
Sgt. Slaughter
Any Hogan reign after Warrior

I didn't take Warrior losing to Slaughter well as a kid, :(

That Yokuzuna shit was pretty bad too. I was young, but still I was like... "really? REALLY?"

As for Miz, that's when my wife stopped watching with me. She was just..NOPE. "I know it's not real but I CAN'T."

i haven't been following wwe that closely lately but i thought i'd check out the nxt special

i want to like balor, but he isn't as exciting either in entrance or style as i'd like.

the 4 way women's match was great. we've all said it before but it's really a disgrace what they do to the women in WWE especially in comparison to their own sub-promotion. this match wasn't good 'for a women's match' - it's just entertaining fun, they aren't sexualised, they aren't given embarrassing romantic or catfight storylines, they just put on a good show which the only difference i see from a men's match is that the women are thinner and smaller so they have a different, faster style which can actually be more exciting than a lot of the male styles.

haven't watched the KO match yet.

Sephzilla

Fave Five Most Undeserving Champs
1- David Arquette as WCW Champ
This move pretty much killed WCW, or at least put them into a vegetable coma state that they couldn't be saved from.

2- Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 9
Not only did he completely shit on the main event, but he also pretty much ruined Bret Hart's status for nearly a year, took the sails out of Yokozuna a bit, and then fucking left the company not long after.

3- Rey Mysterio
I don't hate Rey or anything like that but he got the title as a glorified gift to Eddie

4- The Rock (2013)
Comes back after 7 years off, has one match that he wins, and then gets the belt almost a year after that to act as a glorified transitional champ in order to make Cena look stronger.

5- Sgt Slaughter
Pretty much entirely because I remember absolutely nothing about this run.

Top Bottom