• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Ithil

Here's one thing about NXT that I didn't really think of. We've never really seen how HHH/NXT long term books a talent who's now a former champion. Most of the time when a champion loses its because they're off to Raw, so they never show up on NXT again or only get one or two more matches before saying farewell. I'd really like to see an NXT champ stick around for like 6 months after losing a title just to see how Hunter books them.

Big E went to the main roster in December and stayed as NXT champ until the following summer. But I don't think any NXT champ has stuck around for long after losing it. Neville is the longest so far, and he seems nearly done.

Because reasons for the ROH 13th Anniversary Show.
moosebriscoefull.jpg

While not that appealing on paper, I think Mark Briscoe is super underrated as a singles competitor and that he always goes hard. Expecting a Cactus Jack elbow off the apron, some red neck kung-fu, and a hard bump or two. This should be pretty good despite the paper thin reason these two are fighting. (Moose interrupted a tag match with The Briscoes and randomly attacked Mark)
That guy looks just like Daniel Bryan.

Are you going to tell me that Bryan wasn't "universally liked" at this time last year? And even if no one is as over as Austin was, that's not really my point. My point is that there are guys that a vast majority of the crowd likes who never get a real push. And there are guys who are getting pushes who the crowd is split on. If you tried pushing guys who the crowd was more unanimous on, it would probably lead to better business. They don't need to be at Austin's level.

Are you going to tell me that Bryan didn't get a real push last year? Are you confident enough to say he isn't getting one right now (which I think we have to wait and see what happens at SPEED PASS or whatever before we claim he isn't being pushed).

Dolph... sure. Bryan, yeah, they put Reigns over at the Rumble, but aside from that, he's been getting a lot of TV time, a lot of wins, and he's quite likely going to be main-eventing WrestleMania two years in a row.

somedevil

new metsfan post

Triple H's New Clique

Why does this guy get any credibility? I'm still waiting for my Brie vs Nikki cage match. Has Meltzer or any insider say this guy is legit?

Plus looking at that Roh card, it just seems right now if NXT was holding a show in the same area as them they would out draw them. Plus sucks with that whole thing about AJ can't lose his matches clause getting out because everyone now knows the results of his matches.

Alucard

Banned
Is Roderick Strong called Mr ROH because he can't get booked anywhere else?

That's not fair, man. He's been in TNA, PWG, and a bunch of other indies. Dude is a free agent working wherever makes sense for him. His in-ring game is solid, but his mic game is lacking. That's always been the case as long as I've been watching him. He's the definition of a real-life CAW, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a place in wrestling. Dude can go and be used to put over younger talent just due to his veteran status and time with ROH.

I do find it funny that "Mr. ROH" doesn't have an ROH contract, though.

Ithil

Why does this guy get any credibility? I'm still waiting for my Brie vs Nikki cage match. Has Meltzer or any insider say this guy is legit?

Plus looking at that Roh card, it just seems right now if NXT was holding a show in the same area as them they would out draw them. Plus sucks with that whole thing about AJ can't lose his matches clause getting out because everyone now knows the results of his matches.

He got like, one thing right six months ago and has been coasting on it ever since. I think he has his followers because those reddit users really want to believe they have their very own insider in their community. I believe his "connection" to WWE was found out as being a PA to lower management for a couple of months in 2014.

Kaiterra

Banned
That's some boring shit, I bet Snowqueen's Icedragon could write way better dirt sheets. Let's get her to start covering the Rollins thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This guy, why even post his shit here anymore? Every single one of these people has a reputation for being a hard worker and doing anything to get better.

And I thought some of the posters here were bad, my god

Judging from reddit, they still take it at face value because wredditors are fuckin' morons.

Fox318

NXT Rival proved that they bought into their own hype. What an underwhelming show....

It was still a good show overall.

They treat the women on the show as strong competitors instead of reality show cast members.

I'm not going to fault a show for a botch here or there like in the tag match.

itWebDqtCv9rm.gif

This guy, why even post his shit here anymore? Every single one of these people has a reputation for being a hard worker and doing anything to get better.

And I thought some of the posters here were bad, my god

Was Hogan just born old?

Judging from reddit, they still take it at face value because wredditors are fuckin' morons.

Really? Most of the comments I've read are pretty much saying he's full of shit.

Sephzilla

The tag team match was the only match on Rival that I would say was a bad match, and it was mostly from the Lucha Dragons - who honestly are not that sloppy usually.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Most of the comments I've read are pretty much saying he's full of shit.

I must have read it too early - I saw a bunch of "Gosh those guys are gonna have a lot of trouble on the main roster like this!!" and "Triple H just can't resist making a new kliq!"

Aiii

So not worth it
You mean the decade long veterans of pro-wrestling don't have to do the Bill DeMott newbie training?

What a scoop metsfan4ever, what a scoop.

Toki767

You mean the decade long veterans of pro-wrestling don't have to do the Bill DeMott newbie training?

What a scoop metsfan4ever, what a scoop.

It almost makes me wish Austin Aries was on Tough Enough. Bet he would have run circles around everyone there including the trainers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least Tharpe-des makes it somewhat bearable. He's like the Grand Wizard for 2015.

We just finally got people to STOP calling you Nazaaaaay and here you go throwing out KKK references. God dammit Boots.

(yes I know who you are ACTUALLY referring to)

jred2k

How is Michael Elgin back in main events already? Given that the other people they're throwing in that spot are Moose and Tommaso Ciampa, I guess being in a main event doesn't really mean much.

Top Bottom