• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Are you going to tell me that Bryan didn't get a real push last year? Are you confident enough to say he isn't getting one right now (which I think we have to wait and see what happens at SPEED PASS or whatever before we claim he isn't being pushed).

Dolph... sure. Bryan, yeah, they put Reigns over at the Rumble, but aside from that, he's been getting a lot of TV time, a lot of wins, and he's quite likely going to be main-eventing WrestleMania two years in a row.

Yeah, sure. Bryan got a "real push". Just like Rey got a "real push" when he won the world title. Just like Benoit got a "real push" when he won the world title. They gave Bryan one amazing night, and then booked him like absolute dog shit and made him look terrible. That wasn't an accident. His whole reign was a setup to get fed to Lesnar. Bryan got a push last year, but he did not get the "this is our top guy" push.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No joke, thing I'm looking forward to most in the NOAH invasion storyline. All the NOAH faces beat down by Suzuki-gun. and then heel Morshima hits the ring.

Backdrop drivers for Taka, Taichi, Archer and Suzuki just barely gets out of the ring. Morishima vs Suzuki.

The 'heel comes out to stop the heel' aka 'nobody bullies my promotion but me' is like my favorite wrestling trope ever.

jmdajr

Yeah, sure. Bryan got a "real push". Just like Rey got a "real push" when he won the world title. Just like Benoit got a "real push" when he won the world title. They gave Bryan one amazing night, and then booked him like absolute dog shit and made him look terrible. That wasn't an accident. His whole reign was a setup to get fed to Lesnar. Bryan got a push last year, but he did not get the "this is our top guy" push.

What's a real push? And how many get one?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a third of the way through this Gary Hart book and I'm totally hooked. Some dope stories in here.

What's a real push? And how many get one?

Orton, Batista, Sheamus, Cena, Reigns at the moment, Triple H. There are others, but you get the idea. There is "we are pushing this guy but we don't believe in him" and "we want this guy to be the biggest thing ever". Few guys get the big push, but that's kind of the point. That's what makes it special.

Heel

yo i want to watch the new nxt special but i have like 4 more nxt episodes to catch up on.

how good was it?

They'll try to convince you that Triple H deserves a whole smoked ham sent to him, but I'd say a half ham at best. He can make his own glaze, too.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Any reason they can't market Finn Balor like Jeff Hardy? I mean, he's not a meth head and a far better wrestler. The other stuff I think Jeff set as a precedent, no reason it wouldn't work on the main roster. How liberal will they let him be with the face paint and costume. You know if came out with a joker inspired get up like he did before the crowd would mark out big time. I know there are licenses to consider.

scabro

Undercard was a step down from Revolution, and the last three were the best matches they've put on so far.
It was good. The only stinker was the tag match with Lucha Dragons and Wub Dub Club, but other than that it was a good event.
fuck

maybe i can skim through the remaining episodes in an hour or so to get to rival then

They'll try to convince you that Triple H deserves a whole smoked ham sent to him, but I'd say a half ham at best. He can make his own glaze, too.

lmao

so good it got the ham juices flowin?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That shit about the ham cracks me up. Like Triple H gives a fuck about a fuckin' ham. He can go eat anything he wants. Fuckin' clown town over there.

Sephzilla

Reigns strikes me as a guy who Vince is going to lose interest in once he finds a new shiny toy. He's just not "the guy".

Right now Roman seems like the type of guy who will end up handing the title to Cena again once Vince panics because Roman doesn't instantly bring in buys.

XenoRaven

No joke, thing I'm looking forward to most in the NOAH invasion storyline. All the NOAH faces beat down by Suzuki-gun. and then heel Morshima hits the ring.

Backdrop drivers for Taka, Taichi, Archer and Suzuki just barely gets out of the ring. Morishima vs Suzuki.

The 'heel comes out to stop the heel' aka 'nobody bullies my promotion but me' is like my favorite wrestling trope ever.
Every day I pray this happens between Suzuki-gun and Bullet Club and it ends with Suzuki winning the IWGP title from AJ.

Ithil

yo i want to watch the new nxt special but i have like 4 more nxt episodes to catch up on.

how good was it?

Very good. Undercard matches were weak, but the top three matches were all great and the opener was good. R Evolution was better but this was still good.

jmdajr

WWE Champions of last 10 years.

Who get the real push brotha?

who the real?

John Cena
Edge
RVD
Randy Orton
HHH
Jeff Hardy
Batista
Sheamus
The Miz
Cm Punk
Alberto Del Rio
The Rock
D. Bry
Broooooooooooock Lesnar

Toki767

Any reason they can't market Finn Balor like Jeff Hardy? I mean, he's not a meth head and a far better wrestler. The other stuff I think Jeff set as a precedent, no reason it wouldn't work on the main roster. How liberal will they let him be with the face paint and costume. You know if came out with a joker inspired get up like he did before the crowd would mark out big time. I know there are licenses to consider.

Mysterio dressed up as comic book characters at Mania every year. No reason Balor couldn't if he wanted to.

Sephzilla

The Demon Balor you see on NXT is what's going to be marketed and pitched as his "final form". I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing Balor come out more as Venom or Carnage or Joker at some point down the line as a one-off thing to get a pop. He can do that stuff so long as WWE doesn't try to market/profit off of it - it would be no different than Rey Mysterio going to Wrestlemania dressed as Joker/Captain America/Na'vi

Rey has come out with Captain America, Joker and probably more costumes I'm forgetting.

Balor vs. Owens at WM, and Balor comes out as the Joker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every day I pray this happens between Suzuki-gun and Bullet Club and it ends with Suzuki winning the IWGP title from AJ.

I discussed this earlier, but I'd like to see Suzuki win the IWGP and GHC title in the same year.

Doubt it though because he's not Okada.

What do you mean "like Jeff Hardy?" Willing to kill himself stunt wise?

who the real?

John Cena
Edge
RVD
Randy Orton
HHH
Jeff Hardy
Batista
Sheamus
The Miz
Cm Punk
Alberto Del Rio
The Rock
D. Bry
Broooooooooooock Lesnar
1. yes
2. no
3. no
4. yes
5. uh..yeah no shit
6. no
7. yes
8. tried but failed
9. no
10. yes (despite what he says)
11. tried but failed
12. yes
13. we'll see
14. yes

who the real?

John Cena
Edge
RVD
Randy Orton
HHH
Jeff Hardy
Batista
Sheamus
The Miz
Cm Punk
Alberto Del Rio
The Rock
D. Bry
Broooooooooooock Lesnar

Edge never really did. They gave him the title off MITB, then immediately took it off of him. They only went back to him later in the year because they needed someone to cost Cena the belt to RVD at ONS because they didn't want RVD winning clean. Then they gave Smackdown to Edge for a long while. But he was never "the" guy.

RVD? No. lol

Hardy is arguable. Every time they thought about it, they got cold feet because of his drug issues. No one can really blame them on that one though. I'd love to see him get another shot now that he is clean.

Bryan? No, for all the reasons I stated earlier.

The rest you can argue did, or be certain they did.

Sephzilla

I noticed something about this list

John Cena - THEN. NOW. FOREVER.
Edge - Retired
RVD - No longer with WWE
Randy Orton - Still active
HHH - Part time
Jeff Hardy - No longer with WWE
Batista - No longer with WWE
Sheamus - Midcard hell
The Miz - Midcard hell
Cm Punk - No longer with WWE
Alberto Del Rio - No longer with WWE
The Rock - Part time
D. Bry - Still active
Broooooooooooock Lesnar - Part time

Active & still in main event picture - 3
Active & out of main event picture - 2
Part time - 2 (including the current champ)
No longer with WWE - 5 (6 if you count Rock, Brock is about to rejoin this list to make 7)
Retired - 1

Man, being WWE champ these days seems more like a kiss of death. You either leave the company or if you stay active you end up getting a prolonged injury.

jmdajr

I'm gonna say Punk, Edge, and Del Rio all did way fucking better than Sheamus.

Sheamus still has potential though. Just needs to be freshened up.

Kaladin

Do we really know Brock is leaving after Mania or Extreme Rules?

I know there have been UFC rumors, but it's kind of up to him as the WWE lets him work however he wants.

jmdajr

No longer with WWE - 5 (6 if you count Rock, Brock is about to rejoin this list to make 7)
Retired - 1

Man, being WWE champ these days seems more like a kiss of death. You either leave the company or if you stay active you end up getting a prolonged injury.

That's why John Cena is the man. Dude can take the mountain of shit.

jred2k

Corbin needs a finisher that doesn't just look like he's practicing taking a back bump.

pd0aIKd.gif

I could get tickets but I don't know if I want to go. I feel like I should because it'll probably be the last time I get to see Brock, Undertaker, and Sting live, but the card really isn't doing it for me.
The card is questionable, but we still have a little more than a month away til the event. Knowing the WWE, there will probably be a few last minute changes.

Retired - 1

Makes you thankful for John Cena.

Sheamus should shave his head.

After the video they played 300 times on RAW, I'm guessing he's gonna come back more Ginger and Irish than ever. He'll probably have a forest of ginger pubes sprouting out of his pants and a Mr. T Haircut.

Talking of Mr. T, Roddy Piper sure gets away with a lot of racist cheap shots during his feud with Mr. T.

Top Bottom