• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

jmdajr

tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

A friend predicted I'd stop watching by whatever number episode that was and reason being the reveal, and man he was right.

Space Dandy is the MFing truth. Every episode had something other shows don't have.

Booty.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Netflix?

edit:HULU!

Last two series I watched because they were short and on netflix and had decent star ratings.

Baccano! and the Shameless High School of the Dead.

The former was cool and unique but left me hanging.
The 2nd was all um... guilty pleasure I guess.
With a name like Shameless High School, can't be surprised lol.

Alucard

Banned
Guys, which wrestlers or wrestling personalities have replied to you on Twitter? Wonder if there are some guys who are more likely to respond. Off the top of my head...

Lance Storm
Low-Ki
Cedric Alexander
Son of Havoc
Caprice Coleman
R.D. Evans (linked to a satirical article I wrote)
Manik (did an email interview and he mentioned it on his acct)
Steve Corino

jmdajr

Guys, which wrestlers or wrestling personalities have replied to you on Twitter? Wonder if there are some guys who are more likely to respond. Off the top of my head...

Lance Storm
Low-Ki
Cedric Alexander
Son of Havoc
Caprice Coleman
Steve Corino

none. I don't harass them.

imBask

Banned

Lance Storm
Low-Ki
Cedric Alexander
Son of Havoc
Caprice Coleman
Steve Corino

are you that guy who keeps having the first answering tweet and it's always or "HI I LOVE YOU FOLLOW ME"?

Sephzilla

New anime these days sucks.

The last anime i watched with a vested interest was Gurren Lagaan. And that series shits on itself in the 8th episode by burying the guy who was over in favor of pushing some newer talent who wasn't as interesting.

bean breath this is a community that only knows how to compare CFO$ tracks with Jim Johnston originals. You need a much more refined audio palette if you expect to be taken seriously in reviewing Sonic music

I've only seen 1 episode of Space Dandy, I will rectify this eventually.

Aye. I watched all the eps last year. The shonen power up thing is stupid, and I'm really creeped out at how it lingers on shots of dead bodies and grief way too goddamn long. At first it was really shocking, but it reached 'yo, we get it' level very quickly.

And the ending has absolutely zero fucking payoff, it's basically like Bryan winning the title and immediately losing it to Kane.

It sucks since the action and soundtrack are fucking ace

Hey that doesn't sound too bad...
Hang on you almost suckered me in with that one, replacing Kane with Show for the desired effect.
Reaching the shonen power up was like getting to Reigns singles matches and realising I'd been duped and that things weren't as awesome as it initially appeared.

Last two series I watched because they were short and on netflix and had decent star ratings.

Baccano! and the Shameless High School of the Dead.

The former was cool and unique but left me hanging.
The 2nd was all um... guilty pleasure I guess.
Baccano did have a pretty rad opening, that's really the main thing I remember it for.

Does anyone ever like those episodes where the main character is depressed and sad and doesn't know if they can go on? Are these just a necessary evil for the ultimate payoff at the end of the series?
Depends on how well its handled, if they've done a good job at presenting a situation where you can understand and emphasise with their current mopey nature then I'm fine with it.
But you also don't want to drag that stuff out, one can only take so much of it.

Lance Storm
Low-Ki
Cedric Alexander
Son of Havoc
Caprice Coleman
Steve Corino
If I had a twitter account, I wouldn't interact with any wrestler or wrestling personality... nothing against them, wouldn't interact with athletes/movie stars/musicians/etc either.

The last anime i watched with a vested interest was Gurren Lagaan. And that series shits on itself in the 8th episode by burying the guy who was over in favor of pushing some newer talent who wasn't as interesting.
Actually while I initially thought the same going back to XenoRaven's point this is a case where I felt there was a strong pay off to the depressed angle.
Ultimately worth it.

bean breath this is a community that only knows how to compare CFO$ tracks with Jim Johnston originals. You need a much more refined audio palette if you expect to be taken seriously in reviewing Sonic music
You guys need to get on my level, deciphering the art of Knuckle's raps is as refined as it gets.

XenoRaven

Kill la Kill is way better than Gurren Lagann and no one is ever telling me different.

From the video game podcasts that I listen to, the consensus seems to be that Sega Genesis game audio stinks.

Sephzilla

Kill la Kill is way better than Gurren Lagann and no one is ever telling me different.

Kill la Kill is decent but it feels like it tries a little too hard at times, if that makes any sense. I just want an alternate Gurren Lagann where
Kamina doesn't die and the show doesn't become a boring drag for the remainder of its run
. That show feels like it wasted so much potential.

I'm on the last two episodes of cowboy bebop.

Had to go outside, smoke and have a long think after having brain scratch and hard luck woman back to back (though really hard luck woman kind of sucks until the last 5 minutes).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Gurren Lagann was mediocre. First half was fine, second half was complete trash.

Enjoy anime more than ever these days. I'd say the best decade of anime was the 00s but its still better these days than the 80s/90s

From the video game podcasts that I listen to, the consensus seems to be that Sega Genesis game audio stinks.

The majority of podcasters, I would say, are people who have no clue what they’re talking about and have never been created a video game console. They’ve never worked with a blast processing system. They wouldn’t even know how to code a video game even if you allowed them to. If I gave them the opportunity to code and compose using chip data, they would have no clue what to do so for them to critique or ever say anything about any console's performance is asinine and just blows my mind.

The majority of podcasters, I would say, are people who have no clue what they’re talking about and have never been created a video game console. They’ve never worked with a blast processing system. They wouldn’t even know how to code a video game even if you allowed them to. If I gave them the opportunity to code and compose using chip data, they would have no clue what to do so for them to critique or ever say anything about any console's performance is asinine and just blows my mind.

0OsIhDc.gif

Alucard

Banned
none. I don't harass them.

Neither do I. Sometimes it's just a "Hey, I just watched this match of you versus X. Good stuff, etc." or I'd write an article about someone, post about it, and they'd respond with comments about the article.

are you that guy who keeps having the first answering tweet and it's always or "HI I LOVE YOU FOLLOW ME"?

HULK HOGAN IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. RETWEET ME, BROTHER?

Neither do I. Sometimes it's just a "Hey, I just watched this match of you versus X. Good stuff, etc." or I'd write an article about someone, post about it, and they'd respond with comments about the article.

HULK HOGAN IT'S MY BIRTHDAY. RETWEET ME, BROTHER?

Did Cena ever get back to you?

I agree about the Danganronpa part, but Dual Destinies was the best Ace Attorney game though

OF ALL TIME

Oh I liked Dual Destinies enough, I was just a bit tepid on Athena outside of her objection theme.
Still a man who loves the original (plus DS case 5) the most mind you.

They must've realised that even one of the lesser main eventers of Ace Attorney is a bigger draw than the Danganronpa midcarders.

You son of a bitch. Phoenix Wright was a hobo because he's an idiot, everybody in Danganronpa rides hard in the paint!

I agree about the Danganronpa part, but Dual Destinies was the best Ace Attorney game though

OF ALL TIME

I concur. Ace Attorney is my favorite series. Cykes and Apollo can bite me though

imBask

Banned
You son of a bitch. Phoenix Wright was a hobo because he's an idiot, everybody in Danganronpa rides hard in the paint!

I concur. Ace Attorney is my favorite series. Cykes and Apollo can bite me though

Apollo gets a lot of shit but he's alright, his game wasn't as bad as people say

Taz responded to me once.
Who could forget the origins (okay maybe not origins) of Heel Beef?
Also someone in here mentioned a wrasslin' related dream the other day which reminded me of yours about getting hounded by Nash and Hall, still makes me chuckle.

Hobo Wright was a slow burn friend, like 7 years of slow burn for the belated payoff.

At the end of the day, hopefully Sega is the one getting rich.

Toki767

Why was Hogan at TNA anyway, how did they afford him? Is Hogan that much of a whore
Spike TV paid for virtually his entire contract on the basis that he was supposed to get more people interested in TNA.

Funny enough, he barely mentioned TNA during his interviews when he started working for TNA.

He basically made a lot of money and made TNA spend a lot of money under the guise TNA going more mainstream, which never happened.

Top Bottom