• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

You forgot the other possibility: Work. They've been wanting to do something with Cesaro like that seemingly, not to this level, but even the aborted face turn to Heyman and trying to get a fake organic face turn with the Cesaro Section plants.

NCiJOoU.png

EDIT: Actually leaning more towards hack with the newer ones

1zCL8Uk.png

Fox318 finally cracked.

RBH

I feel like a right mug for pre-ordering The Order a few weeks ago - I knew the gameplay looked uninspired, but if the story and setting are compelling that should be enough to make up for it, but now it's come out that the game can be completed in five hours? Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires releases on the same day and I also have it pre-ordered, but I know that there's a guaranteed 60+ hours of gameplay there and it's also half the price. The Order seems like such a cynical release, coming at a time when the PS4's light on exclusives and people are looking for something to play. The graphics look amazing, but that's not going to cut it if your single player game with limited re-playability is over with in five fucking hours.

This is not meant as a knock against you, but I've never understood the point of pre-ordering games, especially when games drop in price so quickly these days and when pretty much all pre-order "bonuses" are worthless garbage.

And it's especially more baffling when it comes to pre-ordering digitally.

Aiii

So not worth it
This is not meant as a knock against you, but I've never understood the point of pre-ordering games, especially when games drop in price so quickly these days and when pretty much all pre-order "bonuses" are worthless garbage.

Pre-loading.

Hasney

Digital games do tend to take longer to drop. Then when you factor in region switching and buying the US version like I do, it's also cheaper than most games first price drops.

I bought so many games last year that I hardly played though. This year, I'm going ot be much better and the first full-price game I might buy is Bloodborn and the only other one that tickles my fancy at full price is Yakuza 5, because it's Yakuza and that track record speaks for itself. In fact, if you don't buy it, you're a terrible person.

Sephzilla

So The Order is probably going to be the Ryse: Son of Rome of the PS4? Except better looking and still more fun to play?

I'm okay with that.

I never do :(

Now watch as Bloodborne turns out to be shite, sigh.

Bloodborne turning out to be shit would leave the video game world legit shook considering how good Demons Souls and Dark Souls both ended up being.
Dark Souls 2 was made by FromSoftware's equivalent to the nWo B-Team so that doesn't count

Hasney

Dark Souls 2 was also fantastic. Maybe not compared to the previous 2, but still better than most stuff released. They didn't just have an awesome theme like the actual nWo B-Team.
HashtagDriveclub was really good though.
Driveclub is one of the reasons for me buying less games at full price. I really disliked it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure I follow the Ryse comparison. Ryse was a lot of fun to play and was pretty meaty. Also dope co-op multiplayer. Wasn't a "cinematic masterpiece" but was solid, pretty, and fun.

Sephzilla

Ryse sucked

Dark Souls 2 was also fantastic. Maybe not compared to the previous 2, but still better than most stuff released. They didn't just have an awesome theme like the actual nWo B-Team.

I'm harder on Dark Souls 2 than I really should be. It's a really good game but I just thought it felt hollow (haha) and lacked the spirit of the first Dark Souls. Too many bonfires everyone, honestly there were too many bosses, the areas didn't flow into each other nearly as well as Dark Souls areas did. Even the story was kind of meh.

Sephzilla

I'll say this about what I see from The Order - I think people would be a lot easier on the game if it came out a month or two after the PS4's launch.

I'll say this about what I see from The Order - I think people would be a lot easier on the game if it came out a month or two after the PS4's launch.

Definitely. Infamous Second Son got decent reviews and I beat it three times even though the world was pretty barren and the side stuff was junk. Shadow of Mordor got a pass for Nemesis System and combat even though that world was fucking nothing, too.

Order can't claim open world or brand new systems here. It lives and dies on the graphicsl

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ryse sucked. How people are playing that kind of shit when they have far superior choices in action gaming I don't know.

I feel like a right mug for pre-ordering The Order a few weeks ago - I knew the gameplay looked uninspired, but if the story and setting are compelling that should be enough to make up for it, but now it's come out that the game can be completed in five hours? Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires releases on the same day and I also have it pre-ordered, but I know that there's a guaranteed 60+ hours of gameplay there and it's also half the price. The Order seems like such a cynical release, coming at a time when the PS4's light on exclusives and people are looking for something to play. The graphics look amazing, but that's not going to cut it if your single player game with limited re-playability is over with in five fucking hours.

Wrestling related, the New Japan Cup looks OK. Out of all the first round matches I'm probably looking forward to Makabe/Honma the most, if only because it'd be cool to see Honma beat his GBH team-mate. Kojima/Shibata should be really good as well.

I'm debating if I want to get DW8E on PC or PS4. Same with the new DBZ game. And my new 3DS comes in tomorrow. Good times ahead.

And yes, Driveclub is a real fun game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating if I want to get DW8E on PC or PS4. Same with the new DBZ game. And my new 3DS comes in tomorrow. Good times ahead.

And yes, Driveclub is a real fun game.

I really recommend staying away from the Empires series.

Verendus

Banned
Does DW8E have local co-op? One of the best aspects of DW is that feature. More games need local co-op if it's something that can fit the type game. One of the best options to have available in games from a pure fun perspective.

Lorne Michaels - Vince McMahon
Chevy Chase - Ultimate Warrior
Jimmy Fallon - John Cena
Colin Jost - Roman Reigns
Bill Murray - Stone Cold
Seth Meyers - Triple H

who else you got?
Norm MacDonald - Mr. Perfect
Andy Kaufman(I know, not a cast member) - CM Punk
Al Franken - Jesse Ventura
Will Ferrell - Harley Race
John Belushi - Mick Foley
Phil Hartman - Randy Savage
Will Forte - Bob Backlund
Mike Myers - Sgt. Slaughter
Kevin Nealon - Andre the Giant

Does DW8E have local co-op? One of the best aspects of DW is that feature. More games need local co-op if it's something that can fit the type game. One of the best options to have available in games from a pure fun perspective.

No clue about Empires. XLCE has it though.

Also waiting for a release date on Way of the Samurai 4 on PC. Still says February 2015. I think it will get pushed out again like it did last month.

Top Bottom