• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Kaladin

*Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan for the right to challenge Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31 for the WWE World Heavyweight championship.

*WWE United States champion Rusev vs. John Cena.

*WWE Divas champion Nikki Bella vs. Paige.

*Triple H and Sting to face off.

Fast Lane is going to suck be a good episode of Raw ain't it?

Verendus

Banned
I remember seeing an advertisement of Fast Lane with Lesnar in it during the Rumble. I was foolish enough to momentarily think he might have a match.

Seconds later.

Nah.

Still looking forward to Roman "Baby Girl Balees Dat I Make It Rain In This B*tch" Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, and the vigilante Stang.

Sephzilla

Outside of Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns, Fast Lane is absolutely just another Raw episode. The second biggest thing of the PPV is a promo segment for an upcoming PPV, FFS.

imBask

Banned
since there won't be any midcard matches at WM, why don't they focus the dumb PPV stuck inbetween the rumble and mania on the midcard instead of this garbage?

IC title match, US title match and a tournament for the #1 contender of any of those 2 belts

jmdajr

since there won't be any midcard matches at WM, why don't they focus the dumb PPV stuck inbetween the rumble and mania on the midcard instead of this garbage?

IC title match, US title match and a tournament for the #1 contender of any of those 2 belts

That's silly dude. Be more spontaneous!

wwe_black_7.png

wwe_black_5.png

wwe_black_4.png

wwe_black_1.png

Happy middle of Black History month, friends.

Strange to think that winning the IWGP Jr. title was probably more of a detriment to KUSHIDA than anything. If he hadn't concussed Ibushi and won the belt on an audible call, he likely would have won it later in the year after an extended program with Ibushi and been in a much better position. Instead, he did nothing with the belt for two months and then dropped it to Taguchi in his first defence.

Outside of Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns, Fast Lane is absolutely just another Raw episode. The second biggest thing of the PPV is a promo segment for an upcoming PPV, FFS.
We all knew this was a possibility with the launch of the Network. Surprised it took eleven months for it to come to fruition....

Strange to think that winning the IWGP Jr. title was probably more of a detriment to KUSHIDA than anything. If he hadn't concussed Ibushi and won the belt on an audible call, he likely would have won it later in the year after an extended program with Ibushi and been in a much better position. Instead, he did nothing with the belt for two months and then dropped it to Taguchi in his first defence.

Is that what happened? Oh KUSHIDA...

Sephzilla

I don't think it will ever happen, but WWE needs to cut down the number of PPVs they run. Having them monthly takes away any significance to them and makes them glorified TV shows.

TraBuch

Banned
This Chamber of Horrors thing might be the weirdest gimmick match I've ever seen. And that camera view from the ref's head is really disorientating. And there's a lot of blood. And the switch won't stay up, which is making me laugh because it's literally doing nothing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
KUSHIDA wasn't exactly going to revolutionize the juniors division, so I'm kind of like 'whatever' about it even though it sucks for him. I'm not gonna harp on NJPW's junior division much more because it's too easy, honestly. They'll never fix it as long as they keep this 'junior division is below the heavyweight division' mentality. ie what they did with Ibushi and Devitt.

Scottify

I don't think it will ever happen, but WWE needs to cut down the number of PPVs they run. Having them monthly takes away any significance to them and makes them glorified TV shows.

Totally agreed. I think they should start this by not having one between the Royal Rumble & WrestleMania. Just give them an extra month to build up programs and hype. Fast Lane will be largely forgotten shortly after it airs.

I'm not sure what they do with the Jr. belt in all honesty - it was always going to be well below the IWGP ever since they introduced the Intercontinental title and now there's the NEVER belt as well, which is getting placed fairly high up the card on occasion. It's not like the 90's where the was a clear division between the jr's and the heavyweights in terms of size and weight, but today those lines have become much more blurred as evidenced by how easy Devitt & Ibushi transitioned to the heavyweight division. If New Japan had more youngsters, I'd perhaps suggest that they put an under 30's age limit on the Jr. title, but they don't, so...fuck knows. Adding talent isn't going to help much either, as for them the goal will ultimately be transitioning to the heavyweights (as Omega's said he eventually wants to do).

I know there's a Taco Bell OT but I rarely venture outside the confines of WrassleGAF, so can anyone tell me how the Triple Steak Stack is?

Sephzilla

Totally agreed. I think they should start this by not having one between the Royal Rumble & WrestleMania. Just give them an extra month to build up programs and hype. Fast Lane will be largely forgotten shortly after it airs.

I completely agree that there should be no PPV between the Rumble and Mania. WrestleMania feuds should have bigger build ups to them and it's hard to make a truly compelling big time Mania match when you have barely a month to do it (Taker/Brock, anyone?). Elimination Chamber / Fast Lane pretty much exists as a "point of no return" event where they can call last minute audibles for WrestleMania. A better ran WWE wouldn't need that.

I kind of think that with the WWE Network and breaking the dependency on $50 PPV buys they could cut down the number of PPV events, but that might in turn kill some of the appeal of the WWE Network since there isn't that much new original content and their backlog content isn't even complete. I'd personally cut it down to 6 PPVs in a year.

-Royal Rumble
-WrestleMania
-King of the Ring
-SummerSlam
-Money in the Bank
-Survivor Series

The jr tag title feel so useless. Especially since it just hot potatoes between the same 3 teams. Same problem i have with the heavyweight. Tag titles .

Doesn't help that the NWA title are also a thing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's really weird that NJPW has an incredibly strong heavyweight division and a shitty junior heavyweight division, and the 90s AJPW off-shoot has a shitty heavyweight division and an incredibly strong junior heavyweight division.

I don't get why anything needs to be done about the Jrs division. Its a place where guys who aren't true heavyweight size can build a fan base and then start working with the main guys. New Japan also clearly likes having a multi-team match early on the card to heat the crowd up. Just because the division isn't as built up as it could be doesn't mean that there isn't a purpose to it.

Click a thread thinking its wrasslegaf and see pics of Prince Devitt but then read a few posts and something seems off... then I noticed I accidentally clicked the LGBT thread.

I guess I can see him having that Randy Orton appeal.

And ya know with 2 or 3 exceptions everyone in NXT is toned as hell. Its ab city down there. I wonder if those people can stay in that shape once they move up and are not in the performance centre every day.

Click a thread thinking its wrasslegaf and see pics of Prince Devitt but then read a few posts and something seems off... then I noticed I accidentally clicked the LGBT thread.

And ya know with 2 or 3 exceptions everyone in NXT is toned as hell. Its ab city down there. I wonder if those people can stay in that shape once they move up and are not in the performance centre every day.

Yeah, I don't think it's a coincidence that Bryan and Punk looked worse once they hit it big.

dream

Accidentally clicking the LGBT thread instead of wrestlinggaf. Right...

edit: then again, Fin IS a devastatingly good looking man. Like I said, he's the Mark Wahlberg of WWE. You can't help but be captivated every time he's on screen.

XenoRaven

Post pics of AJ Styles in there.

Scottify

Probably just showing my age here, but I don't get the fox here. Why a fox? Just a random animal or something? Very strange indeed.

Top Bottom