• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

JavyOO7

If it was known for some time now that Roman was going to be the man then he should have been thrown in singles matches much earlier then. Bad planning on WWE's creative part.

That being said, Roman was allowed to show an interesting character last night. At least if that keeps getting built upon then you may have something once Roman ascends as the king of the mountain at Wrestlemania. =p

OMG chair shots are dead. First they came for the DDT, and I did nothing. Then they came for the superkick, and I did nothing. Now they have taken the chair shot and made it meaningless. No longer does a chair shot mean implied damage to a wrestler, now it's like a slap on the back, if that.

RIP chair shots, I loved the supposed damage they did.

:(

The crazy thing about Flair Hogan is that they tried it on the house shows and it BOMBED. Flair/Macho which they did try on the PPVs did much better.

This is the story WWE keeps selling but in reality neither guy wanted to lose AND WWE was beginning to have a desire to phase out the older talent.

Not having Flair vs Hogan headline Wrestlemania 8 is still one of the worst booking decisions of all time!! When they faced off at Bash at the Beach they had over 1 million PPV buys!! If the match would have happened at WM8 they may have done over 2 million!

I can't believe I didn't recognize Marcus Stroman was the one wearing the Raptors hat from last night's Raw. Aaron Sanchez from the Blue Jays was in the photo as well.

Alucard

Banned
That Natalya/Naomi exchange was pretty good on Raw last night. And Kidd was a perfect a-hole at the end. I loved how he called off Cesaro as if he was trying to protect his wife and make Cesaro understand that it wasn't her fault, and then just turned around and laid into Natalya. The sharpshooter explanation was really damn entertaining too. What a horrible human being. And I love it. Damn you, pro wrestling.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Someone has to gif Seth pointing at the briefcase and talking to J&J

"This is where I keep all my dick pics from now on!. They where everywhere, man, everywhere."

Alucard

Banned
Wow, the six-man tag on ROH TV this week was really damn good. Super entertaining car crash match. Ridiculous ending sequence.

AJ and The Young Bucks are a lot of fun to watch. So are Cedric, ACH, and Sydal.

That being said, Roman was allowed to show an interesting character last night. At least if that keeps getting built upon then you may have something once Roman ascends as the king of the mountain at Wrestlemania. =p

Yeah, I really liked this new turn of events from Roman Reigns. It suits him!

Hasney

only worth it if Bryan beats him at Mania in 18 seconds

Then we're cheated out of one of the only guys that can put on a long, entertaining match. I'd rather Sheamus win in 30 minutes than Bryan win in seconds.

He'll most likely be involved in a feud with Kevin Nash regarding the trademark of injury jokes.

Ends in a draw when they both collapse injured so Vince McMahon power waddles to the ring and slides in...

I'm surprised the Ascension never did something like this.

jblattacked.gif

jblclotheslined.gif

Harper/Ambrose was a lot of fun, loved Dean with the Tenryu-style strike combos. The Bryan/Reigns stuff was pretty great as well, looking forward to their match. Also, ROH TV was awesome this week, crazy main event;

PgVuWfv.gif
r5RxtDu.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only watched two matches from Raw last night, but I'm glad I watched Ambrose/Harper. They work great together.

Xater

Comic recommendation for WrassleGAF:

Here is also a review from IGN. They gave it a 9.8.

Quote:

Brown's art is great, as well. He's thick-lined cartooning works perfectly for the story of Andre the Giant. This isn't a showy, splash page filled comic. Instead, it's about people, conversations, and emotion. You only have to look at the cover to see the kind of weight and emotion Brown conveys throughout this whole story. Andre's life is beautifully rendered. It's clear that Brown cared about this story. By the time you reach the end, you'll care to. It grabs you and won't let go. Without a doubt, this is a powerful comic and required reading for wrestling fans.
Do yourself a favor and buy this graphic novel. It's a brilliant work of art that demands to be read. It's worth every penny and easily a contender for book of the year. It's hard to imagine something better than this coming along; it's that freaking good. Read it now, then sleep well and dream of large women.

Sephzilla

I think during my work breaks today I'm going to start some preliminary work on the WrestleMania OT since I can safely predict 3 or 4 matches on the card already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think during my work breaks today I'm going to start some preliminary work on the WrestleMania OT since I can safely predict 3 or 4 matches on the card already.

The what? I thought someone else was gonna do it.

kiguel182

I gotta say, this Reigns vs Bryan program has been really enjoyable. Sure, Reigns will ultimately win agains both Bryan and Lesnar but at least we have a cool PPV build and match instead of a ton of crap until Mania.

The rest of Raw was cool too. Nothing ground breaking but most segments were okay at worst. Ambrose is over as fuck and Tyson is doing great are probably my main take-ways from it. HHH vs Sting is something I have zero interest at so I mostly tune out when he starts rambling. Also, Paige in that dress.

Last but not least: Fuck Kane and Big Show.

Alucard

Banned
Harper/Ambrose was a lot of fun, loved Dean with the Tenryu-style strike combos. The Bryan/Reigns stuff was pretty great as well, looking forward to their match. Also, ROH TV was awesome this week, crazy main event;

http://WAT.gif[img]Hnnnng.gif[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Very cool 15-minute spotfest. The finishing sequence was incredibly creative, as you've shown here. Match of the week for me.

[quote="Xater, post: 152427029"]Comic recommendation for WrassleGAF:

Here is also a [URL="http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/22/andre-the-giant-life-and-legend-graphic-novel-review"]review from IGN[/URL]. They gave it a 9.8.

Quote:[/QUOTE]

I'll pick this up. I actually don't know much about Andre outside of 1 or 2 interviews of people discussing his life story, and the legends of his drinking tolerance.

A part of me really wishes Paul 'The Big Show' Wight wasn't such a goof, for some reason I miss a real Giant no-selling stuff and plodding around being invincible.

imBask

Banned
so people are saying Bray got sick and puked everywhere during the dark match after Raw yesterday

I think it's safe to say he has a concussion 100000% confirmed and we should panic right now

Sephzilla

so people are saying Bray got sick and puked everywhere during the dark match after Raw yesterday

I think it's safe to say he has a concussion 100000% confirmed and we should panic right now

So if Bray couldn't go for Mania who would be the fallback plan for Taker?
AKA is it too late to call an audible and get Sting/Taker?

Xater

I'll pick this up. I actually don't know much about Andre outside of 1 or 2 interviews of people discussing his life story, and the legends of his drinking tolerance.

Let me know what you thought of it once you are done with it.

But puking is a thing that can happen from all kinds of things. Or is this post sarcasm? I can't tell anymore.

Alucard

Banned

As in, throwing up in the ring or back stage?

When did he suffer a concussion?

Kacho

Gold Member

Oh man, that's horrible. I'm sure he'll be fine for Wrestlemania. Just keep him on promos for a few weeks.

Xater

My Observer subscription just ran out. Can't renew right now, so I hope the guys in here that subscribe will keep me up to date.

Top Bottom