• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

I think I'll catch up on some of this thread and then watch Raw. That tag team Turmoil on Smackdown told a good story so this might be good.

tumblr_ldqrcotG4c1qf5m9vo1_250.gif

... I can't

Big Show was in the last match of the night. I think that means he's the best... or something like that.

Best RAW of the year by a mile because they decided to put about a month's worth of story and character stuff into one episode. I'm not complaining. Last week someone must have realized they needed another 3-4 matches for WM so they had to rush the stories they've spent almost a year doing absolutely nothing with.

I'm scared because, over the past few weeks, it seems WWE has become self-aware of the Reigns matter. Unfortunately that self-awareness doesn't include the part about people caring at least as much about Bryan simply not getting shafted than they are about Reigns being pushed. So I really don't know what they're going to do. I just know that whatever it is, it'll be completely tonedeaf.

LOVED LOVED LOVED the Cena-Rusev opening. They made the US Title seem important and I'm totally fine with Cena winning it at Fast Lane. Does it mean as much for Rusev to have his first loss there compared to WM? No - but it means he can regain the title quickly at WM, and traditionally, they've had the guy who should win at WM lose there and then win on a B-show. They're doing it in reverse here, and that's good for building the future. Rusev not only stands to "beat Cena on WWE's grandest stage", but also do so for a title that can mean more throughout 2015 than it has throughout its WWE run.

I liked how Rusev improvised that line, how'd it go? "I will break... your weak will to live!"

Nice save, Rusev.

Ambrose's Weekend Update was not exactly good - the highlight was the bad suit. Ambrose-Harper was okay, but nothing too special. Loved Dusty's promo - it was subdued, but effective. It was too short though. Dusts vs. The Dead Push was a match. I liked the return of whatever Cody's finish was called to turn on him instead of Stardust's bad flatliner, even though that move is better out of the fake hug bit. Roman and Byron exchanged Generic WWE Words. Roman's a dick.

I missed the first part of this segment cause I went to get a cheeseburger. I don't appreciate you calling The New Day, The Dead Push. Roman had a solid promo, said he would've taken Bryan's Rumble loss like a man instead of b*tching and moaning. And he did. He lost last year to Batista and just dusted himself off and took the L like a man.

Roman-Kane was nothing, but Bryan made this whole thing work by being great on commentary. Setup for Paige's dress getup was stupid, but she was hilarious. She beat Summer and was just perfect in this girly dress playing the whole thing for laughs. Seth-Dolph was okay, but got exciting until the finish, which was a fuck finish done PERFECTLY. Hopefully, it leads to Seth-Dolph on PPV and not just a wacky six-man tag with Seth and the goons against the mid-card Survivors.
Bryan sucked on commentary, his character is just guy who b*tches and moans who has fans that b*tch and moan, until he gets what he wants. I feel like the power of the Bella Brand made that Paige segment. Seth, a rookie, burying Dolph, a seasoned vet, is sure to get him nuclear heat with the boys in the dressing room.

The HHH-Sting hype video made HHH out to be a hell of a babyface, and then HHH said HE'S FIGHTING FOR WWE against WCW, here in 2015 - 14 years after WCW died. This led to more of HHH being put over, Flair coming out and HHH putting him over while Flair put him over. Then HHH shoved Flair down for warning him and HHH said NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WWE BUT HIS KIDS AND HIS WIFE. He's the heel here, in theory. D-Young and Generic SmackDown CAW with black trunks and tattoos were beaten up by the Ascension until Titus came down for a PTP reunion - good, they're great together and largely mediocre apart.
This is about HHH stroking his massive ego, I mean this is a guy that gets fruit baskets sent to him by the IWC for a developmental exhibition show. If he didn't sleep his way to the top, he'd be shining Sting's boots right now.

I think the PTP reunion should've happened in a more gay-friendly city.

Nattie and Tyson vs. an Uso and Naomi was a match. Loved Tyson showing Nattie how to win with the sharpshooter instead of being cradled by it. YAY IT'S THE BIG DAWG out to do commentary. Nope - he's seated next to the commentators, so they don't trust him with a mic. Bryan tried to have a great match with Show and was having a good one while Roman took selfies and stretched. They had a damn good match even with this angle hurting things.They've really hurt Bryan and Roman. The former's character has been really hurt badly, while Roman's character never really got established and has just been killed by this writing. I liked the show-closing brawl overall, but they gave A LOT away here.
Frankly, this angle can do without Cesaro. He adds nothing.

I just can't buy Bryan being any sort of credible threat to a guy like Roman.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/wwe-raw-2-16-15.html

Screens -

"I'm the Titty Master, and you're not!"

THE VIGILANTE WAI TING!

Loved this shot

Steph Already Inducted Macho

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/4dexolzuuklt6vl9vayvx69t382806y5
I know it's completely irrational but I hate that you know the name "Wai Ting", just kills this write up for me.

Vee_One

Without getting into the undertaker dirt sheet stuff - hasn't he normally shown up on tv by now for the Wrestlemania build up? 5 more Raws until WM31. Obviously, they are pushing Bray pretty hard so it seems all is on track.

Rusev really needs to win at Fastlane, Lesnar style. Squash the fuck out of old man Cena. Get him all 'can I do it? can I still do it?' on Raw/Smackdown every week until Mania when he has a massive match with Rusev and wins the title. USA flag unfurls, Cena holds the belt to his heart and the whole stadium sings the national anthem while crying. Because Kurt Angle has disappeared apparently.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
RAW
Best thing about RAW. No King. No "John Cena. IS HERE."

So glad Bryan and Kane is over so we can have Bryan Vs Big Show.

So Rusev will win at Fast Lane and then they will change it to the European Championship or whatever like that pic Lana leaked. Then Cena will have to beat Rusev at Mania so he can get the strap and change it back to the US belt????. John Cena being Mr Murica.

Ambrose got one of Cena's suits out of the dirty laundry basket.

Luke Harper. The IC we deserve. Again.

"What's he doing here?"

"What's HE doing here?"

You work there dickheads.

Big Show's arms are pretty huge.

Uhhhh holy shit that was heel as fuck of Cena to beatdown Rusev.

First he says one more move and Rusev will get a beatdown. Rusev does not make a move. He makes a hand signal. Cena goes maximum roid rage and busts out of the ring up to him.

Secondly the officials come out and tell him to back off. Cena tells them to fuck off or he'll fuck their mums or some shit, then beats the crap out of a concussed Rusev. While the crowd chants for blood. Xenophobic arsehole of a crowd.

Can't wait to see how much money Rusev gets when he sues WWE for not stopping Cena beating him while under the influence of a concussion. Should get 6 figures easily.

Striker

If look alone meant money, Lex Luger would be the biggest star ever. None of these things are individualized. They all matter equally. Reigns lacks moves. That's a fact.
He lacks delivering them in a realistic flow in his offense or in some type of comeback. The Samoan Drop is good, but he could support himself better adding a few side slams or whatever. Power moves, basically. But not doing the god awful apron dropkick, especially every match, is definitely a good thing. And he was fighting Kane who isn't the most mobile guy in the ring. Thought overall it was fine, at least somewhat more watchable than Bryan and Shoe's headlock affair.

Hasney

Yeah, I don't mind the basement dropkick, but at this point it's as dumb as Christians thing where the dude is draped over the ropes and he jumps outside for a throat thrust every match. And I like Christian.

It made sense in tag matches where they could set it up more organically. It's not great in a singles match.

Maybe they should teach him some tilt-a-whirls or Goldberg style combination slams.

Vylash

friend bean breath, what are your thoughts on WrassleGAF's fixation on the white Daniel Bryan despite a prominent black tag team reuniting tonight?

Lupercal

Banned
So apparently JTG is writing a book ? Does he have enough material for one or will it be a lot of waiting around at backstage during RAW?

Top Bottom