• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

DMczaf

From Meltzer, original plan for Daniel Bryan was Sheamus. lol Why is Vince so adamant about this match at WM?

Daniel Bryan asked for Ziggler.

A search for WrestleMania AXXESS VIP signing tickets for Daniel Bryan, Hulk Hogan, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Shawn Michaels, Sting and Triple H are yielding no results, which means those superstars have sold out. There are still tickets available for Roman Reigns, however, as a search for single quantity Reigns tickets lists them as available.

Bryan not a draw

Carnby

Literally every bit of sound on This Week in WWE sounds like its coming out of a tunnel. This includes commentary and interviews. The only exception is the host's voice over. Obviously this is a way to mask the boos during the RR recap.

rrc1594

Ugh guys is it me or was Undertaker's mic work in the 90s complete ass. I'm watching a Corporate Ministry Segment( Fucking amazing theme) and Undertaker sounds like shit.

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan would be a better match than vs Ziggler.

Fuck no. Gaf needs to start respecting Ziggler god dammit!

DMczaf

Ugh guys is it me or was Undertaker's mic work in the 90s complete ass. I'm watching a Corporate Ministry Segment( Fucking amazing theme) and Undertaker sounds like shit.

He's been boring on the mic most of his career. It was hilarious when Jericho called that shit out and got buried for it.

Taker's basically what happens when the WWE hype machine is at its' best.

Not great in promos, but great gimmick, great entrance, and he held up his end in the ring by far.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I loved last month's thread title. I just set up HBO Go on my Xbox One after remembering my Xfinity login.

Why can't I get a free WWE Network subscription for being an Xfinity customer? Not having to pay extra for HBO Go or Showtime Anytime is pretty awesome. And I'm certain Comcast would have enough money to foot the bill.

Thorakai

Taker's greatest moment on the mic was when he shutdown the crowd by saying if you slept with your sister say "What?"

Striker

^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyKPySrEdK0

His mic work only shined during his ABA days. Paul Bearer was someone really necessary for his character during his Lord of Darkness and those like it days. Paul was great.

Taker did his gimmick well, but getting Mankind in '96 was so huge. One of those weekly monsters they always had, but one who could work.

DMczaf

Even as a kid I knew Mankind was different from Taker's other monsters of the week. Shit got real the second Mankind stepped on the scene.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only if it makes me the official WrassleGAF mascot and ambassador.

Sorry, that's currently
HHFbn7J.gif

HLTqmYw.gif

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan would be a better match than vs Ziggler.

Maybe, but Bryan knows people would be way more hyped for Ziggler than Sheamus -- which is why he should have stuck with Sheamus, so people wouldn't settle for that and push him into the Main Event. God dammit!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For all the goodwill Ziggler has here, he's failed to tell a story in the ring, pretty much ever. Maybe it's just me, but his ring psychology in particular is just absent. I've never been absorbed in a single match of his. He bumps incredibly but that's all I've ever seen, really.

#realass

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For all the goodwill Ziggler has here, he's failed to tell a story in the ring, pretty much ever. Maybe it's just me, but his ring psychology in particular is just absent. I've never been absorbed in a single match of his. He bumps incredibly but that's all I've ever seen, really.

#realass

Yeah, but WWE likes that.

#realass

Oh I agree. But Bryan and him are great together and I think they could do something special.

not as special as Lesnar/Bryan though :,(

#realass

In Bryan, I trust.

Watch Bragging Rights 2010 between the two. They'll kill it.

gurudyne

From Meltzer, original plan for Daniel Bryan was Sheamus. lol Why is Vince so adamant about this match at WM?

Sheamus-Bryan would be a good match (not sure if better or worse than Bryan-Ziggler) and it's got a better potential story:

WMXXVIII - Sheamus trounces Bryan in seconds, then sticks with the title (either defending or chasing it) for over a year afterward. Former King of the Ring, former Rumble winner, neither of which Bryan can claim. Held his championships for longer, too. He resents Bryan's success (Mania ME, crowd support) when by his reckoning he should be just as successful if not moreso. Then come the small size and quick elimination taunts, the merciless beatdowns, the threats about ending his career. Vicious heel Sheamus. It would also give Seamus a chance at a better WM moment than he currently has.

Biggest thing Ziggler can bring to the table at this point is Bryan's overshadowing him and he needs to prove himself, which is the same basic story with no history to hold it up. Heel Ziggler's all at cheating to win, which undermines the story.

They might have something more creative in store than these two ideas, but I doubt it.

DMczaf

lol @ the idea of Sheamus being involved in a good story. Every Sheamus storyline revolves around him being a dick to the other guy until they fight.

It would just be 4 weeks of Sheamus being a dick to Bryan, just like every feud he has.

I actually stayed up last night for a while to watch some Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and their champ now a character name Hobo, A homeless guy. Also Colt Cabana looks a lot better in condition wise

DMczaf

I actually stayed up last night for a while to watch some Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and their champ now a character name Hobo, A homeless guy. Also Colt Cabana looks a lot better in condition wise

I'm sure Vince and Triple H will take notice.

If the possibly unfounded rumor is true that Bryan/Ziggler opens Mania, how sad would that be for Bryan? Is that a bigger drop off than Eddie & Benoit from 21 or not?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Kinda sad they had to rip off Homeless' gimmick.

Homeless - a champ we can trust.

s0tqXto.jpg

#realass

It's not just you. There's been no reason why I should believe Ziggler should even sniff a world title since all he does well is bump.

Kinda sad they had to rip off Homeless' gimmick.

Homeless - a champ we can trust.

s0tqXto.jpg
The way the character looks, he looks like alittle bit of Hillbilly Jim in the facial. He's suppose to defend his title against Willie Mack.

In that organization Willie Mack is basically Cena but all cheers

Maybe, but Bryan knows people would be way more hyped for Ziggler than Sheamus -- which is why he should have stuck with Sheamus, so people wouldn't settle for that and push him into the Main Event. God dammit!

i would be more hyped for a Sheamus match since their's potential for a good story there at least.

face vs face only works when both are superstars, you can get a real air of not knowing who's going to win.

Bryan's obviously going to win, it's gonna be 10 minutes of them sucking each other off and hoping the crowd chants THIS IS WRESTLING.

gurudyne

It's not just you. There's been no reason why I should believe Ziggler should even sniff a world title since all he does well is bump.

You're selling him short. Guy has great physical charisma, good speed and intensity. You're right about the title scene though; without the WHC still in the picture, he's fine where he is, in the IC belt/main event jobber area.

Top Bottom