• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

You're selling him short. Guy has great physical charisma, good speed and intensity. You're right about the title scene though; without the WHC still in the picture, he's fine where he is, in the IC belt/main event jobber area.

So does most of the roster. Most of them also are better at more things than bumping.

For all the goodwill Ziggler has here, he's failed to tell a story in the ring, pretty much ever. Maybe it's just me, but his ring psychology in particular is just absent. I've never been absorbed in a single match of his. He bumps incredibly but that's all I've ever seen, really.

#realass

Totally agree. It's like Ziggler is a great wrestler who doesn't "get" wrestling. I'm really not sure why. That's why I really hope if they are going to do Bryan / Ziggler that there is a REASON they're fighting. Not just "hey we're both great in the ring and we're just gonna go so you can be entertained." Because that's dumb. Make me care about the outcome of the match.

Hey, what if heel Brie started hitting on Ziggler? What if the Authority promised Bryan a title match after Mania and Ziggler got pissed about it? What if there was a #1 contenders tournament leading up to WM and they were the two finalists, with the winner getting the next shot at the champ after Mania? Just give me something. So far the way Ziggler is talking on Twitter he wants it to be "derp we're both show stealers let's make a great match" except truly GREAT matches have something hinging on the outcome.

Sheamus/Bryan is a lot better than Ziggler/Bryan, which would happen just for the hell of it.

And Ziggler knows he's getting the better end of the stick if he wrassles Bryan. Bryan would be brought down. If you think Bryan deserves better, you wouldn't want him facing Ziggler.

We can at least have a better underdog story with Sheamus if he returns as the unbeatable brute he used to be.

Straight up bullying people, talking down on Bryan for losing in 18 seconds, and reminding people that he beat Bryan clean numerous times.

His style would also make people cringe. Bryan's injuries make everyone nervous, and Sheamus would be a great guy to hate for beating up on that vanilla midget.

Bryan/Sheamus depends on how strongly they book Sheamus. There was a time when he would not lose to anyone and his brogue was constantly protected.

I'd like it if his heel turn was gradual too. Just be a jackass like he used to be as a face, except this time, make people actually hate him for it.

If we can't have Lesnar/Bryan as David vs. Goliath, we may as well have Sheamus/Bryan.

Stick Ziggler in a fatal four way for Barrett's title
and have him lose

Chopper

Is anyone watching The Hotel on Channel 4 right now? Who's this wrestler they've roped in? Joel something. He's a dick.

Edit: Joel Redman. Former NXT Tag Team champion, Oliver Grey. But yeah. Guy's a dick.

jred2k

Does anyone in here subscribe to UFC Fight Pass? There is a Pioneers special on Sakuraba that goes up this week, but I'm wondering how well produced these usually are.

The Faceless showed up in ROH this week

G1F4t66.gif

First time watch ROH TV, not bad. may watch again

Aiii

So not worth it
Mick Foley:
RUMBLE BLUES

Remember how caught up in the ‪#‎RoyalRumble‬ I got last year? I sent out that tweet asking whether WWE hated their own audience, smashed a TV set, and texted all the powers that be - telling them how badly I thought they's messed up. It's safe to say that I was pretty mad last year.

I'm not worried about this year's ‪#‎Wrestlemania‬. I can envision a number of scenarios in which Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar can have an epic confrontation. My suggestion to WWE in this match would be to step aside and let the fertile fields of Paul Heyman's mind run free and allow Lesnar and Reigns to create the most exciting, physical match possible.

No, I'm not worried about Wrestlemania. But I m worried about the Rumble.

I wasn't mad after this year's Rumble. Instead, I was sad. Sad, because the Rumble, which has been one of the most entertaining ‪#‎WWE‬ events of the year for so long, might just be in danger of becoming "just another show", and going the way of "Survivor Series" as a good idea that runs it course and ceases to be relevant. I didn't see this year's Rumble, and with the exception of the final few minutes I caught on WWE Monday Night Raw, I don't envision myself doing so. But I didn't need to see the Rumble or know the outcome to know what a disappointment it was. All I had to do was watch the people. I dropped 3 of my kids off at the Wells Fargo Center at 6:30, and showed up on Broad Street, just a few blocks from the arena at 10:45, just as the crowd was letting out. No one saw me in my vehicle. But I saw them, and could tell, just by the way people were walking- by the way children were dragging their signs, and shuffling slowly, by the way adults held their heads down, with limited verbal interactions - that there was no joy in Philadelphia.

Let me quote a story I wrote about Zack Ryder several months ago here on Facebook, and hope that the right people in WWE read it - because I think they are on the verge of losing some fans in the fallout of the Rumble. It wasn't just that one of their favorites didn't win - it was the brevity of their appearances, the lack of imagination in their involvement and the unceremonious way in which they were eliminated.

"Eventually people get tired of finding out that the WWE Superstars they have supported with their cheers, their purchases, their signs, their follows and their likes aren't real Superstars - and little by little, those fans lose interest in WWE, find other interests, and become former WWE fans."

I have no intention of becoming the "anti-WWE guy". I'm going to take a little break from ‪#‎Raw‬ and ‪#‎Smackdown‬ for the next couple of weeks, and see what the landscape looks like, heading into the next PPV. I really do think WWE is going to turn out a great Mania, and I'll be in the crowd watching. But I fear for the Rumble. What was once the start of "The Road to Wrestlemania" has now become a roadblock to the good will and excitement needed for a truly memorable Wrestlemania atmosphere.

One more thing. I've heard rumors that Mr McMahon is personally writing the recent Roman Reigns promos. If that's true, I'd like to personally address Mr McMahon.

Dear Vince,

Please stop - you're killing the poor guy,

Sincerely,

Mick Foley

Covfan

Is anyone watching The Hotel on Channel 4 right now? Who's this wrestler they've roped in? Joel something. He's a dick.

Edit: Joel Redman. Former NXT Tag Team champion, Oliver Grey. But yeah. Guy's a dick.

He was also on tna British boot camp.

Can't believe Redman got to wrestle Okada. Can't believe I paid £50 to watch that from the front row (Okada's opponent was unannounced when I bought the ticket). Can't believe that the show the following night (which was only advertised well after I'd paid for my £50 ticket) got Okada vs Aries. Still salty about that.

Okada's dropkick is real pretty in person, though, but Redman's an utter bore. No personality, not terribly exciting in the ring and for a muscled guy he really doesn't lay his offence in.

Yeah, but can Jimmy "Havoc" study the look?

No he can't because it's in Roman's blood.

Balee dat

Complacency breeds failure. Perhaps if Roman were a better student of the game the fans wouldn't be turning on him so.

Imagine paying money to go to this WWE House Show

R-Truth vs Tyson Kidd

Darren Young vs Adam Rose

Ryback vs Kane

The Usos vs Miz & Mizdow

Jericho vs Cesaro squash

Charlotte, Naomi, and Emma vs Cameron, Summer Rae, and Sasha Banks

Rusev vs Erick Rowan

Roman Reigns vs The Big Show

IMAGINE

@Fight_Ghost
Per Meltzer, MGM has already scaled arena for Pacquiao-Mayweather, aiming for 40 million dollar gross. Cheapest ticket will be $1000 USD.

my god

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So I'm watching the first ever episode of RAW.

1. Who was Rob Bartlett?

2. Was there ever a worse announcer?

He was horrible. He did a terrible Mike Tyson impression and interrupted with racist/fat jokes every chance he got.

UberTag

Thing is, I think those prices would have been justified had that match happened 5-6 years ago when it was first talked about?
Now? Well, they'll get their money but I can't see it being anything other than a disappointment.

For all the goodwill Ziggler has here, he's failed to tell a story in the ring, pretty much ever. Maybe it's just me, but his ring psychology in particular is just absent. I've never been absorbed in a single match of his. He bumps incredibly but that's all I've ever seen, really.

#realass

I think Ziggler vs Del Rio where they did the double turn told a story pretty well. I think the ladder match with Cena was also good. It's hard to tell a compelling story when most of the time you have a random match with a dude you have no beef with and about 7-8 minutes to do it in.

Thing is, I think those prices would have been justified had that match happened 5-6 years ago when it was first talked about?
Now? Well, they'll get their money but I can't see it being anything other than a disappointment.
Why are you ok with them making money but not Roman Reigns?

Funny now to go back and listen to a December 2013 edition of Wrestling Observer Radio.

They're talking about Batista's return, and even then Dave and Bryan keep discussing Batista as if he'll return as a heel.

"Cena's match will be the main event of Wrestlemania 30 no matter what it is."

"I assume people are going to think Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar will be the real main event no matter what though. So it should go on last."

"Batista and Orton... I'm not sure how that'll do. Orton as heel champion is doing very poorly."

RP912

Banned
So I'm watching the first ever episode of RAW.

1. Who was Rob Bartlett?

2. Was there ever a worse announcer?

He was horrible. He did a terrible Mike Tyson impression and interrupted with racist/fat jokes every chance he got.

As time progress he was actually tolerable. His impression of Vince Mcmahon was funny as fuck. Gorilla was about to get out of retirement and kill him because he kept doing the impressions throughout the whole show.

Funny now to go back and listen to a December 2013 edition of Wrestling Observer Radio.

They're talking about Batista's return, and even then Dave and Bryan keep discussing Batista as if he'll return as a heel.

"Cena's match will be the main event of Wrestlemania 30 no matter what it is."

"I assume people are going to think Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar will be the real main event no matter what though. So it should go on last."

"Batista and Orton... I'm not sure how that'll do. Orton as heel champion is doing very poorly."
They didn't mention CM Punk or have you personally blacklisted him?

Oh man, there's a bunch of Ernie Ladd on the Black History Month WWE Network uploads including; Ernie & The Wild Samoans vs Dusty, Andre & JYD!! Only got Mid-South TV from '84 onwards, so I'm looking forward to watching that. Also, there's another old-school WWF house show that features Ernie, from 1976.

Top Bottom