• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Toki767

The silly thing they're trying to do is basically instead of trying to get one person to be almost universally cheered, they're just trying to make everyone be half cheered and half booed.

And if that's the case, they are now unintentionally sabotaging Reigns' run at the top even more than they were before because if Bryan turns heel, that's even less people paying tickets to see him.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, I definitely see Bryan turning first. I think it's fairly obvious going by the way he keeps saying "I am doing this for you, I will beat Reigns for you"

Some fans don't want that, and it's antagonistic for a face like Bryan.

It's an easy, but lame set up to have him turn if that is what they want to do to his undying fanbase. The diehards will always cheer, but they can give him mixed reactions to water his perception down to Reigns/Cena level.

And awesome for Rusev...but he wont win cleanly, and will probably lose clean at Mania.

To me it feels more like they're building a standard "fans turned their back on me" heel turn for Roman. I think a lot will depend on the crowds going into Fastlane though.

Thank you bean breath for drawing my attention to all those posts where people were angry because real wrestling fans weren't booing the person they inexplicably need to have booed. Embarrassing.

It's difficult to be a Daniel Bryan fan. Basically all the planets need to be in perfect alignment (booking, audience, opponent, merch, match finish, commentary) for them to be remotely satisfied.

To me it feels more like they're building a standard "fans turned their back on me" heel turn for Roman. I think a lot will depend on the crowds going into Fastlane though.

That's too much like last year though. I think the way Reigns talked to Bryan (backstage) was to make it seem that Reigns is turning, but he helps Bryan in the end. Bryan is indebted to him, and instead tells the fans he is going to beat him, for them lol. It's the perfect martyr angle.

Bryan saying he does it for the fans and that he'll beat Reigns for the fans is just him begging to be booed. Reigns is liked by the same demographic that cheers Bryan, but that demographic will turn on the person instigating, as opposed to over the actual Rumble winner.

The only thing is that he has a new shirt, which means something, but if WWE wants to shake Bryan's annoying fanbase off him, what better way than to make him a heel and split the casual from Bryan to Reigns?

You know what the best way to get your new top babyface over is? Have him get pinned in the middle of the ring by the fucking Big Show.

I love how two weeks ago when Bryan lost to Bray off of interference, everyone was saying "they wouldn't do that to Reigns!" Well tonight proved they absolutely will.

Hasney

You know what the best way to get your new top babyface over is? Have him get pinned in the middle of the ring by the fucking Big Show.

I love how two weeks ago when Bryan lost to Bray off of interference, everyone was saying "they wouldn't do that to Reigns!" Well tonight proved they absolutely will.

I wonder how he'll cope when the odds are stacked against him.

They have been booking their faces including Bryan and Reigns to look absolutely weak. None of them have been booked to look like a credible threat to Brock Lesner. The only guys who have actually been booked decently are Bray and Rusev and they are heels.

Toki767

if you guys think for a moment that reigns/lesnar isn't going to be the main event of WM...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwefastlane

look at the bg image here. enough said.

We all know it's not changing.

Bryan vs Reigns for the main event at Mania at Fast Lane is just WWE's way to try to get more people to sign up for a free month of the Network.

Because for all their talk about how Bryan isn't a draw, they still feel like all they have to do is give a sliver of hope to his fans for them to be back on board with the product.

DiscoJon

Banned
924.jpg

Hallyoung.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny.

Aiii

So not worth it
They really need to make this Stone Cold thing a monthly or even bi-weekly two-hour deal.

Plenty of talent in WWE, both wrestlers and backstage workers, you can keep that going for years and it's really something that will sell Network subs and cost them next-to-nothing to produce.

Recall

They really need to make this Stone Cold thing a monthly or even bi-weekly two-hour deal.

Plenty of talent in WWE, both wrestlers and backstage workers, you can keep that going for years and it's really something that will sell Network subs and cost them next-to-nothing to produce.

I like it as the reactionary tool it is.

Looking forward to watching the HHH podcast. I still need to get round to the Vince one too before my sub runs out, it's still up there right?

Watched my first full ICW show last night, the 2014 Square Go, not a bad time. Enough interesting spread amongst the goons I've never heard of or wish to hear of again to get me interested. The music muting got real fucking annoying though, especially during the actual Square Go.

Going to delve into their back catalogue to find some Devitt and Jimmy Havoc.

They just need to buy out his weekly podcast and put it on WWE Network. Austin's stuff is so good.

Hunter interview was great. Proved one thing more than anything else, Hunter gives a shit about what people think of him.

He gave a great explanation of what 'WWE superstar' meant in relation to 'wrestler'. Vince wouldn't have given any shits what people thought about why he is using the term. Even Steve looked pleased with that answer.

Plus he said all the right stuff us smarks wanted to hear. All about Raw going back to 2 hours, slow burn storylines, telling Kevin Dunn to fuck up and give them 10 more minutes, etc. Also interesting how he pointed at all the TV guys there and joked they were old and his NXT crew were being trained to replace them LOL.

Dude has the chops to be the top suit, he even made a remark about leaving the finance stuff up to other people just to remove that argument against him being in charge.

Like others have said, do that more often. Steve is great and seems to be able to make the person being interviewed comfortable enough to be candidly entertaining.

Holy shit this thread exploded. Was only like 22 pages 12 hours ago! Was Raw good? Was Raw worth watching guys?

Browny

Banned
Holy shit this thread exploded. Was only like 22 pages 12 hours ago! Was Raw good? Was Raw worth watching guys?

The post-Rumble stats were ridiculous - something like 160 pages in two days. Adding in OT 1, the Rumble and WK9, we hit 864 pages. WrassleGAF is reaching for those brass rings.

Yesssss, Gabe's booked Tommy End for the Mania weekend EVOLVE shows. Can't wait to see who he faces, Tommy's one of the very best in Europe and has improved a lot since the last time he was in the US (for CZW, I believe).

The post-Rumble stats were ridiculous - something like 160 pages in two days. Adding in OT 1, the Rumble and WK9, we hit 864 pages. WrassleGAF is reaching for those brass rings.
I can't keep up lately, work has been too damn busy lol. The off days are usually okay, just when Raw/PPV hits it tends to go crazy.

Hasney

Yeah, we easily smash through 2 threads a month during Mania season. Started early this year with the CM Punk ratings boost in December.

Yesssss, Gabe's booked Tommy End for the Mania weekend EVOLVE shows. Can't wait to see who he faces, Tommy's one of the very best in Europe and has improved a lot since the last time he was in the US (for CZW, I believe).

Ooooh, wonderful. Who else is booked on that show?

That's the other ICW thing I need to search, watch some Sumerian Death Squad before they come to PROGRESS.

Ooooh, wonderful. Who else is booked on that show?

Here's the talent roster so far;

. Drew Galloway
. Johnny Gargano
. Chris Hero
. PJ Black (Justin Gabriel)
. AR Fox
. Chris Hero
. Timothy Thatcher
. Tommy End
. Caleb Konley
. Brian Cage

A few matches already booked;

March 26th - Non-Title: Drew Galloway vs PJ Black
March 27th - Ricochet vs PJ Black
March 28th - Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs Ricochet & Uhaa Nation

Browny

Banned

. Drew Galloway
. Johnny Gargano
. Chris Hero
. AR Fox
. Chris Hero
. Timothy Thatcher
. Tommy End
. Caleb Konley
. Brian Cage

So fat, they included him twice.

Couldn't resist.

Alucard

Banned
So, what's the current WrassleGAF opinion towards CM Punk? A talented but bitter ego maniac and pathological liar? That's where I'm at.

Kaiterra

Banned
I don't see the problem with being annoyed at crowds for cheering for the "wrong" guy. A lot of crowds annoy me well enough for other reasons, like popping for unfunny/racist/sexist material or chanting "CM Punk" at AJ. None of the fans are obliged to feel a certain way about any specific wrestler but if they're going to get behind a guy who I'm not enjoying and is working with weak material, then I would look at it like complaining about how Grown Ups 2 or Transformers topped the box office charts for example. It'd only be obnoxious if I out and out harassed them directly, in my opinion.

. Drew Galloway
. Johnny Gargano
. Chris Hero
. AR Fox
. Chris Hero
. Timothy Thatcher
. Tommy End
. Caleb Konley
. Brian Cage

A few matches already booked;

March 26th - Non-Title: Drew Galloway vs PJ Black
March 27th - Ricochet vs PJ Black
March 28th - Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs Ricochet & Uhaa Nation

Hmm, not bad. I shall try and remember to check it out. EVOLVE hasn't pulled me in yet.

Top Bottom