• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Hasney

christian_wwe.jpg

Dude looks good with gold too.

Xater

Also it was fascinating to see how many people just show up in here during RAW. Are people enjoying that shit or ist it just because shitting on something as a group is fun?

zychi

Banned
I love that one podcast makes you all forget how huge of an ego HHH had his whole career. Why would he change just because he has power in WWE now? Punk was injured, you can tell by how broken and bandaged he was the year before he quit. He was promised a title shot at Mania multiple times, and was passed over multiple times for part-timers.

Austin, Rock, hell HHH would've walked out too if he had to work with a guy who pulls his quad everytime he steps in a ring. Ryback is still a shitty character.

The way Punk tells the story, he talked to Vince directly, so I understand if HHH never got the idea that Punk had a problem with him until early last year.

We got a Daniel Bryan WMXXX moment out of all the drama and politics, so thanks Punk.

Speaking of CM Punk, there's a three minute clip of the WWE/Flintstones movie on iTunes if you look for it with CM Punk beating up Barney Rubble.

I love that one podcast makes you all forget how huge of an ego HHH had his whole career. Why would he change just because he has power in WWE now? Punk was injured, you can tell by how broken and bandaged he was the year before he quit. He was promised a title shot at Mania multiple times, and was passed over multiple times for part-timers.

Austin, Rock, hell HHH would've walked out too if he had to work with a guy who pulls his quad everytime he steps in a ring. Ryback is still a shitty character.

The way Punk tells the story, he talked to Vince directly, so I understand if HHH never got the idea that Punk had a problem with him until early last year.

We got a Daniel Bryan WMXXX moment out of all the drama and politics, so thanks Punk.
Go back to what they first talked about. You have to believe YOUR character 100 PERCENT. Noticed how he never referred to him as Paul. It's all a work brah. Triple H could be THE guy. This interview proves it.

tri_willy

Hunter interview was great. Proved one thing more than anything else, Hunter gives a shit about what people think of him.

He gave a great explanation of what 'WWE superstar' meant in relation to 'wrestler'. Vince wouldn't have given any shits what people thought about why he is using the term. Even Steve looked pleased with that answer.

Plus he said all the right stuff us smarks wanted to hear. All about Raw going back to 2 hours, slow burn storylines, telling Kevin Dunn to fuck up and give them 10 more minutes, etc. Also interesting how he pointed at all the TV guys there and joked they were old and his NXT crew were being trained to replace them LOL.

Dude has the chops to be the top suit, he even made a remark about leaving the finance stuff up to other people just to remove that argument against him being in charge.

Like others have said, do that more often. Steve is great and seems to be able to make the person being interviewed comfortable enough to be candidly entertaining.

Holy shit this thread exploded. Was only like 22 pages 12 hours ago! Was Raw good? Was Raw worth watching guys?

this. telling dunn to "fuck off" was amazing. didnt know much about dunn til i googled the cunt.

my reaction to dunn after reading info on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5iB_njelEQQ#t=514

referring to austin from here on out

Fox318

Maybe if they scaled the belt to his size?

Cesaro. Or at least he'll never again get the chance to show you because he's officially a loser and playing second fiddle to Tyson Kidd's wife's cat.
Well that's just mean and uncalled for.
ofFSUEC.jpg

Love ya Mick, but no.

Mick fit better with the hardcore belt.

Still there is something cool as fuck about a guy like him getting a chance to hold the belt.

Marvel

could never
Mick fit better with the hardcore belt.

Still there is something cool as fuck about a guy like him getting a chance to hold the belt.

True on both accounts, friend.

But anything other than that beat up old hardcore belt that didn't even have a lot of gold on it, just looked fucking weird on him.

Ithil

I don't know what any of this has to do with HHH as a backstage boss running a promotion. Of course he's egotistical, that's not news. But it also doesn't really matter if he's not an on-screen performer, which I doubt he would be if he was running the WWE.

Fox318

I don't know what any of this has to do with HHH as a backstage boss running a promotion. Of course he's egotistical, that's not news. But it also doesn't really matter if he's not an on-screen performer, which I doubt he would be if he was running the WWE.

I think the thing now about HHH is that he wants to always protect himself and his guys. It's why Road Dogg is back even though he went to TNA.

Except now HHH as talent directer views his talent as "his guys" so you aren't gonna get shit like debuting a guy only to make him job to somebody else on his/her first match.

The Charlotte Flair match on raw doesn't happen under a HHH run creative.

Plus HHH is at least a fan of wrestling. He probably won't use it just to fund other ventures like Vince has.

Vince was an on-screen performer until he was almost 70.

Fox318

I just want to mention that Ryback and Harper had a really great match last night

Last night was an improvement. Aside from them dancing around the term "booking" in place of controversy I'd say they had a good show.

What was the worst part of the night?

The divas segment?

Recall

I wasn't pissed at the Royal Rumble because Daniel Bryan didn't win. I was annoyed because the match itself was the most uninspired shit again just handing the win in the most predictable of ways, just like last year and that they booked Kane/Big Show to try and put over Reigns rather than having a more worthy final four.

Daniel not winning is a non factor for I.

Last night was an improvement. Aside from them dancing around the term "booking" in place of controversy I'd say they had a good show.

The divas segment?
First 40 minutes

All hype to watch RAW. Ended like this

zarvpn.gif

Switch over and watch Lone Survivor instead

imBask

Banned

The divas segment?

the divas segment almost killed the show for me but yeah, it was a good Raw!

oh and that first promo was kind of a mess but it was alright anyway

Vince hasn't been a regular on-screen character for years now.
I think you mean "four years now". He was a regular right up until just after Punk walked out with the belt four years ago. Heck, Vince was ECW champion 8 years ago.

But whatever, the point is HHH is going to be on TV for 20 more years probably.

Fox318

I wasn't pissed at the Royal Rumble because Daniel Bryan didn't win. I was annoyed because the match itself was the most uninspired shit again just handing the win in the most predictable of ways, just like last year and that they booked Kane/Big Show to try and put over Reigns rather than having a more worthy final four.

I think there are also still questions on if Roman can main event a PPV.

Can he really work a 15 minute match?

BFIB

Listening to the podcast now. Interesting take from HHH on Reigns, and I'll admit, he does make some sense.

Still not on board w/ Reigns, and HHH did a nice shot to Vince "Its his call."

Same for me, the Rumble itself, which is one of my favorite events, was just bland. They didn't even try, there was no tension and drama, it became painfully obvious once Ambrose was eliminated. It was probably obvious even sooner than that. They could have still had Reigns go over but if you put Bryan, Rusev, Wyatt, Reigns in that final 4 you create some tension cause it could be any one of those guys. Instead of aging talent that we know if going to job out. Kane isn't main eventing WrestleMania in 2015

Sephzilla

HHH seemed to allude to the NXT booking not totally working on Raw because NXT was aimed more for the hardcore audience. I'm not sure I totally agree with that mindset mostly because the stuff that makes NXT work are simple things that would work on Raw also.

I guess having a show that doesn't insult your intelligence is only for the hardcore crowds.

Fox318

HHH seemed to allude to the NXT booking not totally working on Raw because NXT was aimed more for the hardcore audience. I'm not sure I totally agree with that mindset mostly because the stuff that makes NXT work are simple things that would work on Raw also.

I guess having a show that doesn't insult your intelligence is only for the hardcore crowds.

I've seen so many things about younger girls loving Bayley.

I don't see how it can't work. Its not as though all of the characters couldn't work on a larger stage.

I don't think *everything* on NXT would work on Raw, they do cater to the hardcores a bit more. For instance, they've assumed a lot of indy knowledge for Zayn vs Steen, Itami, and Balor. Most of the Steen Zayn rivalry's history hasn't been gone into, it's just assumed you know it. Similarly they don't tell you *why* Itami and Balor are big deals, they just assume you know why.

Browny

Banned
I don't see how it can't work. Its not as though all of the characters couldn't work on a larger stage.

Sadly we all know the answer to this:

Vince
Dunn
Hayes

Cases in point - Nattie farting, Paige's hotshotting to the belt, Alicia Fox snapping and then disappearing.

Fox318

WWE honors black history month

Rock, Booker T, and Goldust backstage

prime example that scripted promos can work.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v37188241

Sadly we all know the answer to this:

Vince
Dunn
Hayes

Cases in point - Nattie farting, Paige's hotshotting to the belt, Alicia Fox snapping and then disappearing.

But that is the raw booking style and the Divas are fucked because they just want people to watch the reality show.

Top Bottom